Guard!!! The Tanking ability most DPS need, but most healers cry out for!

As someone who mostly plays a healer, I find that I rarely get much use from guard, and almost always am guarded anyways. I usually just watch who is pulling the most aggro during the first few fights, and ask the tank to guard them instead. Occasionally, the tank even listens to me. Most of the time though, it doesn't look like guard will be doing anyone much good (either a good tank that keeps his aggro, or a lousy tank that couldn't keep it while using guard anyways) so then I don't say anything, and just let it be.

One other thing I want to say: DPS should absolutely NOT be guarding the tank...

I didn't say they should, lol.

Sorry, the "guarding the tank" bit wasn't directed at you.

I just had someone doing that for an entire FP earlier today. I lost track of how many times we told him not to. We'd tell him, he'd remove the guard, then put it back during the next fight.

Sorry, the "guarding the tank" bit wasn't directed at you.

I just had someone doing that for an entire FP earlier today. I lost track of how many times we told him not to. We'd tell him, he'd remove the guard, then put it back during the next fight.

lol. The only time I guard a tank is in PvP, and he's usually got Guard on me, too. If that doesn't make sense, then good. I do it when I'm in a trolling mood.

Today I did Athiss with my Powertech who was level 19 at the time. There was level 24 Marauder in the group so it wasn't even hard to decide who I should Guard. :)

Two years ago when I was still a noob and tanked in FPs for our guild I always guarded melee dps. I don't know why I did that. I didn't know about the math behind all this.

A tank who gives up his guard upon healer's demands is not a good tank. Initiate a vote kick on the healer. That usually sobers them up.

I would really laugh hard if i got kicked out of an fp as a tank who guards the healer. I guard the healer because i don't want to hear them whine and dps aren't going to pull off of me anyways.

Edited by Mallorik

I had a tank try to vote- kick me for tanking (on my Vanguard), when I had been assigned DPS although I had queued as tank-only. She wasn't using taunts and had chosen to guard me (though I had more health and armor than her), so I guarded the healer (who never actually healed me, as I kept popping armor buffs, etc.), and aggroed one of the four bosses fighting us (in Mando Raiders). So, she called me a troll and attention whore, then tried to get me kicked, and then told the healer not to heal me during the final battle when I aggroed the boss. After the run, I got this homily that was TL;DR, "Go f*ck yourself and l2p DPS, you troll."

Group finder is so much fun.:rolleyes: