Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
*SPOILER!!!* Sith Warrior Companion/Story: Choice made for you?! ***?!

cdstephen
01.26.2012 , 01:55 AM | #41
From an intelligent person's perspective, it makes sense to forgive him because the guy is actually useful.

From a psychopath's perspective, yes, it is completely justifiable to kill him.
The HK droid that absolutely no one likes.

DarkestDaemon
01.26.2012 , 02:22 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by cdstephen View Post
From an intelligent person's perspective, it makes sense to forgive him because the guy is actually useful.

From a psychopath's perspective, yes, it is completely justifiable to kill him.
Psychopaths don't live long in the Sith... or at least, don't ascend to positions of power that are stable
"The Force will set me free!"
Darth Tybek Maar, Wraith of Taris
Wraith (The Story of Tybek) - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=246582

BumpBump
08.11.2012 , 01:11 PM | #43
"Darth Baras would never forgive such a betrayal!" Only the morons that wrote this story line would forgive such a thing. This is crap on the Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3 level of crap. If you enjoyed this scene, you just like crap.

Jaigen
08.11.2012 , 01:41 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by BumpBump View Post
"Darth Baras would never forgive such a betrayal!" Only the morons that wrote this story line would forgive such a thing. This is crap on the Dragon Age 2/Mass Effect 3 level of crap. If you enjoyed this scene, you just like crap.
This is because WE players ****ed this one up. In the past you could kill him. But realizing that they just killed their healer and that this is permanent a lot of players complained about it and it was scrapped. Bad writing you say? ****** players is say.

Alec_Fortescue
08.14.2012 , 06:54 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by theadjectivenoun View Post
because somebody like you or aka "THAT GUY" would go around killing off all their companions, the QQ to a game master about how you can't do nothing, soBW has to spoon feed and hold your hand, through out the game cause other people like you and "THAT GUY", killed off their companions, and purposely ruined an aspect of the game that was implement. If you wanted this option to stay you should have a talk with "THAT GUY" so stuff like this in the future won't happen. Thank you for playing.
Then instead of proper companions, players could've been allowed to hire mercs (with plenty of customisations). No dialogues, just lines upon clicking them up. Customise their looks with kits and use them the same way you'd use a proper companion. Want a companion back for lore? Replay story. Same stuff going on in single player rpgs. Look at the witcher, where the consequences of your choices are revealing good few hours after they were made.

Don't blame players who cried after lack of healing. They could've be given a choice of getting mercs (Guild Wars had mercs npcs for example).

Andronicos
08.14.2012 , 07:56 PM | #46
The only bad thing about this scene is how pathetically easy it was to beat up those droids, Quinn is useful and that is a fact since he is your only proven healer, a smart warrior would keep him around even if only to kill him at a future date as punishment. Sure you could pick up some unproven healer imp from the street but Baras is in a position of power and probably able to block access to someone from Quinn's skill, and given you where just about to face baras there is little time for that to be a realistic notion.

The only thing that was removed by removing the option to kill him is the ability to play a derpy derp warrior (which is a valid form of playing and RPing of course) but I don't see it as a big deal myself.
Darth Securos - Dark Lord of the Sith
Captain Galen Sunlighter - Just a simple man making his way on the galaxy
Agent Keldran Reus - "Corellian ale, shaken not stirred"

Ooloi
09.10.2012 , 10:41 AM | #47
Barely a betrayal. Hardly worth my time, certainly no more than the scene reflected.

If you're Sith and the issue of betrayal by anyone, at any time, is not on your mind then you are fooling yourself. Betrayal is part and parcel of the entire chain, almost an institutionalized piece of it.

All the clues are there. Without reading any spoilers by the time I'd had Quinn as a companion for a couple of levels I figured him for it. Why else would someone so useful, whose career had been rescued by Baras be handed over.

He made an effort to complete his obligation to Baras. I whooped him easily - in fact so easily that it seemed to me that it was a token betrayal only.

A BETRAYAL would have had him embarrass you publicly by defeating one of your purposes, then defect throughout all of chapter 3 so you don't have access to him for a long time of play. This was a namby-pamby betrayal. It wasn't a surprise, and I just used it to bind him more tightly to my dominion.

As it is, it was a private matter between us, and nothing more need be said. We finally had it out who was going to be boss, and that should be that.

And I'm not a goody-two-shoes either. I only took the collar ever off Vette long enough to laugh and put it back. I made dark V before I hit level 50 and never farmed BT either.

So frankly I don't understand the broo-ha-ha over it. You can't kill people on the street anywhere you go, or attack 99% of the local NPCs you interact with, which a true psycho kill everyone persona would want to be able to do anyway. If you want to play that way, you've already accomodated yourself to this and ignore it. Treat this the same way.

The one I want to get off my ship, forever and permanently, is Vette.

PanikSpreder
09.13.2012 , 05:13 PM | #48
I kinda lost all will to play my Warrior after that point. Had to cover Quinn in various armor that hid his ugly traitor face and then roleplay he was someone else (until he spoke and I screamed at the monitor). The sad part is, you really need him as a healer in the upper levels.

The lack of consequence when it comes to companions was one of my biggest letdowns with this game. Everything else ranges from ok'ish to super great. I love the music, setting, mechanics, flashpoints and PvP. But why oh why cannt we do a little more impact on our own crew and story?

PanikSpreder
09.13.2012 , 05:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Ooloi View Post
Barely a betrayal. Hardly worth my time, certainly no more than the scene reflected.

If you're Sith and the issue of betrayal by anyone, at any time, is not on your mind then you are fooling yourself. Betrayal is part and parcel of the entire chain, almost an institutionalized piece of it.

All the clues are there. Without reading any spoilers by the time I'd had Quinn as a companion for a couple of levels I figured him for it. Why else would someone so useful, whose career had been rescued by Baras be handed over.

He made an effort to complete his obligation to Baras. I whooped him easily - in fact so easily that it seemed to me that it was a token betrayal only.

A BETRAYAL would have had him embarrass you publicly by defeating one of your purposes, then defect throughout all of chapter 3 so you don't have access to him for a long time of play. This was a namby-pamby betrayal. It wasn't a surprise, and I just used it to bind him more tightly to my dominion.

As it is, it was a private matter between us, and nothing more need be said. We finally had it out who was going to be boss, and that should be that.

And I'm not a goody-two-shoes either. I only took the collar ever off Vette long enough to laugh and put it back. I made dark V before I hit level 50 and never farmed BT either.

So frankly I don't understand the broo-ha-ha over it. You can't kill people on the street anywhere you go, or attack 99% of the local NPCs you interact with, which a true psycho kill everyone persona would want to be able to do anyway. If you want to play that way, you've already accomodated yourself to this and ignore it. Treat this the same way.

The one I want to get off my ship, forever and permanently, is Vette.
Looking back, I can see what you mean. But I had no idea - didnt read any spoilers and just thought he was being a stiff *****. It felt like a cheap shot considering people reported from beta that you could kill your companion if they betrayed you.

THorsblood
09.19.2012 , 01:17 AM | #50
I purpose that we be able to Carbonite freeze companions. that way they are a neat trophy for example skadge i loath him id so freeze him and show my friends HEY i froze scadge BWAHAHAHH then some day i might be like *damn i need him for crafting -thaw-. It would be easy to do id think just make a new interactive thinger on your ship that allows you to pick an NPC summon them, have you say 1-3 lines preceded by freezing, then for thawing have 1-3 lines to choose from were the npc reacts accordingly. This way people who hate their npcs could do something to remove their npcs but at the same time easily undo the change, and it would still fit into the game without breaking logic.

any one else think this would be a great idea?
"Killing is bad and wrong. There should be a new stronger word for killing like Bad-wrong or Badong. Yes killing is Badong." ~ The Chosen One ~ Kung Pow