Punish PPL leaving WZ - FAIL idea.

TheRFC

Yes, that is what it means. In the rare case you or I get a bug like that, we'd get deserter.

Suck it up.

I get that stuff happening often. I also try and play w/ friends as much as possible so supposing I get kicked near the end of the match and they want to play the NEXT match w/ me then they have to wait as well?

'Well why can't they just go and play by themselves until you get back?'

What if some have other commitments and need to leave soon? So potentially it means I can't play through no fault of my own AND I'm missing out on playing w/ my friends/ they may have to wait also if they choose?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make the daily require Warzone completions (completion being defined as any warzone in which the player has not left the warzone prior to the end and was in the warzone for at least 50% of the length).

Up the number from 3 to 5-6 and you have your solution to both the wins not counting problem and the people dropping problem.

Not a bad idea, actually.

No punishments for quitting. If people are running around the warzone naked or afking I want to quit. If my entire team is guarding the right door in Voidstar while I'm the only one guarding the left door and the entire opposing team attacks me and plants the bomb 20 sec into the match I want to quit. If six people are sitting at one node in Alderran while two others are trying to capture another node I want to quit. If my team isn't passing in Hutball or continually runs the wrong way I want to quit. I only have a limited amount of time to play during the week so I don't want to waste my time. If they want to add punishments for leaving then they should also add a vote training system where at the end of the match you can vote to have people do some kind of mandatory training on how to play the WZ before they can queue again.

No punishments for quitting. If people are running around the warzone naked or afking I want to quit. If my entire team is guarding the right door in Voidstar while I'm the only one guarding the left door and the entire opposing team attacks me and plants the bomb 20 sec into the match I want to quit. If six people are sitting at one node in Alderran while two others are trying to capture another node I want to quit. If my team isn't passing in Hutball or continually runs the wrong way I want to quit. I only have a limited amount of time to play during the week so I don't want to waste my time. If they want to add punishments for leaving then they should also add a vote training system where at the end of the match you can vote to have people do some kind of mandatory training on how to play the WZ before they can queue again.

If only :p

ONly because you can quit when you get scored on?

No there needs to be some sort of punishment for leaving your teamates and being selfish.

The OP makes some good points though.

The best solution would be to reward people for PLAYING, not just being there.

E.g.

You score in Huttball? Have 200 Valor.

You capture a point in Alderaan? Have some Valor!

You put Guard on the ball carrier and protected them from HOW MUCH damage? ...

You get the point :)

Punishing will drive even people who don't quit away, whereas rewarding people will provide much better dividends and even if you're losing then it's worthwhile to stay and play.

Has happened to me once over perhaps the last 50 warzones. I leaped, fell through the world, got stuck underground even after respawning. Had to quit out.

So yes. Rare.

Rare for YOU ...

I've been stuck in spawn 3 times TODAY ... that's 45 minutes I'd be penalised. If that happened everyday = 5 hours 15 minutes a week which is more than what many people play in total ... which in turn = buh bye, SWTOR :D I'm nearly R61 Valor now and that's from purely WZing.

Hundreds of the same broken WZs over and over again ... a month to go before they throw in another broken WZ ... sure, punish those who wish to stick it out and play. Nice idea ;)

Edited by TheRFC

If you can't handle losing you shouldn't be queueing. If you leave warzones 1 minute into the game because the other team scored, you shouldn't be queueing. If you dont enjoy competitive PvP, you should definitely not be queueing. If you can't lose w/ dignity, you should not be queueing. You should be sitting in fleet with a 30 min deserter buff.

I am valor 65, I have never left a wz, regardless of the odds. If people on my team are severly undergeared I play. I try to lead, if we lose, we lose. If your sole purpose is to do your daily in as little time as possible, guess what? You shouldn't be queueing. You aren't there to PvP, you're there to have a premade or the like carry you.

This is why I am in Ilum solo, or with a small group. Because I enjoy PvP, competitive PvP. I don't want things handed to me. I want to earn them.

Op, stop queueing.

The best solution would be to reward people for PLAYING, not just being there.

E.g.

You score in Huttball? Have 200 Valor.

You capture a point in Alderaan? Have some Valor!

You put Guard on the ball carrier and protected them from HOW MUCH damage? ...

You get the point :)

Punishing will drive even people who don't quit away, whereas rewarding people will provide much better dividends and even if you're losing then it's worthwhile to stay and play.

/agree. I've played the game, read the posts, and consider this to be the best strategy for alleviating these issues.

But for most this has no comparison to RL. Even in gaming terms, they haven't given the team any incentives to W/L because they just don't record them. Ranked matches are coming soon which will help the problem, but until then I could say 'I win every match I play' or when I could be quitting all the time.

Better stats would be a vast improvement, and rewarding people for their individual contributions to playing the objective - healing the ball-carrier, scoring, etc.

I'm a real human being.

The 15 other people queuing to play warzones are REAL HUMAN BEINGS.

I am agreeing to play a 15 minute game when I accept that queue pop. If I rage logged at the earliest sign of defeat I'd be not honoring that agreement to play for 15 TEENY MINUTES.

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with incentives, gameplay or ANY of that nonsense.

It's just about simple common decency.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other 15 players experience.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other player who gets added to an already started game.

You can argue game mechanics and terms all day, but it's lousy behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated.

If you can't handle losing you shouldn't be queueing. If you leave warzones 1 minute into the game because the other team scored, you shouldn't be queueing. If you dont enjoy competitive PvP, you should definitely not be queueing. If you can't lose w/ dignity, you should not be queueing. You should be sitting in fleet with a 30 min deserter buff.

I am valor 65, I have never left a wz, regardless of the odds. If people on my team are severly undergeared I play. I try to lead, if we lose, we lose. If your sole purpose is to do your daily in as little time as possible, guess what? You shouldn't be queueing. You aren't there to PvP, you're there to have a premade or the like carry you.

This is why I am in Ilum solo, or with a small group. Because I enjoy PvP, competitive PvP. I don't want things handed to me. I want to earn them.

Op, stop queueing.

if you take out all the people quing for their daily you would be alone (or close to it)

pvp in games was better before the carrot was on the stick... now it is the expectation...

but if i get in a group with idiots, i leave, i don't pay to play a game i do not enjoy, if that upsets you *shrug* guess i really don't care

Rare for YOU ...

I've been stuck in spawn 3 times TODAY ... that's 45 minutes I'd be penalised. If that happened everyday = 5 hours 15 minutes a week which is more than what many people play in total ... which in turn = buh bye, SWTOR :D I'm nearly R61 Valor now and that's from purely WZing.

Hundreds of the same broken WZs over and over again ... a month to go before they throw in another broken WZ ... sure, punish those who wish to stick it out and play. Nice idea ;)

And how many times were you queued to an already started warzone?

And how many times were you in a warzone where half your team quits...or even worse 2 quit and the replacements quit and those replacements quit and those replacements quit?

In my experience, it's VASLTY more common for those two examples to occur than getting DC'd or in some other way bugged. EASILY 10:1.

AFKing

- I'd much rather somebody leave and have the opportunity to have someone take their place than people just not leaving and AFKing instead. That's a guarenteed man down and I've been in matches where 2-3 have been AFKing. If we punish people for leaving then there will be far more AFKers than ever before and it will turn into a complete joke.

This alone is a good enough point to have some kind of restraint brought to bear on the BAN THEM FOR QUITTING noobz.

Good Points OP ... I fear the overreactions coming from BW over all the tears and arm chair QB'ing.

Edited by VoidJustice

I'm a real human being.

The 15 other people queuing to play warzones are REAL HUMAN BEINGS.

I am agreeing to play a 15 minute game when I accept that queue pop. If I rage logged at the earliest sign of defeat I'd be not honoring that agreement to play for 15 TEENY MINUTES.

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with incentives, gameplay or ANY of that nonsense.

Don't be a quitter and mess up the other player who gets added to an already started game.

You can argue game mechanics and terms all day, but it's lousy behaviour and shouldn't be tolerated.

If you encourage people to PLAY rather than merely to STAY then this would solve a lot of the issues.

And again, I keep getting stuck in spawn - happened 3 times today, if happens everyday that's 5 hours 15 mins a week because BW can't fix their game. TEEENY??

Edited by Zilrota
removed name and shame

well, people will always find a way. 1- if you add a punishment for leaving they will start to afk. 2- if you add a punishment for afking they will just start mindless pvp just for frags.

You're a bit behind. A large percentage of the games pre-50 are all about mindless medal farming. And if I feel like joining in, I do. But if I came in to win and don't particularly feel like playing team death match, a fifteen minute lockout can't force me to.

And how many times were you queued to an already started warzone?

And how many times were you in a warzone where half your team quits...or even worse 2 quit and the replacements quit and those replacements quit and those replacements quit?

In my experience, it's VASLTY more common for those two examples to occur than getting DC'd or in some other way bugged. EASILY 10:1.

But it doesn't bother me as much as thinking that I could be penalised for NOT quitting and the game being glitchy. There's no reason FOR me to care beyond the frustration of beating a PB for Damage or something because I've done it all in the PvP Warzones now. I've thrown the winning pass w/ seconds to go, taken a turret from the enemy when they've had 5 players sat on Mid but facing the other way.

These things are just personal memories and they're the only reward which is fine by me. But if I started getting punished through no fault of my own ... ? I've got better things to do that wait on the Imperial Fleet everytime this happens for 15 mins.

This game is really struggling at the moment to keep people interested in the PvP side of things. They punish people it'll drive off the quitters, sure ... but also a lot the people who still play properly.

Reward people to PLAY not to STAY.

I'm a real human being.

Firstly ... common decency applies in a perfect world. Which one are you living in? And especially from a gaming community ... really?? :p

I'm not advocating quitting, but if you heftily remove the rewards for merely STAYING and make them about PLAYING then this would encourage more people to stay.

I may do another thread on ideas for this, actually.

If you encourage people to PLAY rather than merely to STAY then this would solve a lot of the issues.

And again, I keep getting stuck in spawn - happened 3 times today, if happens everyday that's 5 hours 15 mins a week because BW can't fix their game. TEEENY??

If you afk after they implement deserter I will report you too. Hopefully you'll get what's coming to you.

Firstly ... common decency applies in a perfect world. Which one are you living in? And especially from a gaming community ... really??

So you admit you aren't a decent person. A start, I suppose. But what a pathetic excuse.

Edited by Zilrota
Removed name and shame from quote.

This alone is a good enough point to have some kind of restraint brought to bear on the BAN THEM FOR QUITTING noobz.

Good Points OP ... I fear the overreactions coming from BW over all the tears and arm chair QB'ing.

I know, right?

There are SO many whiney threads here. Instead of people wanting to improve the whole game it's just about 'this is my personal uber subjective experience which must be taken seriously and effect everyone else! Nerf this, Buff that, Punish that guy!' Loool.

I think this game is going to die off pretty soon, especially when it starts getting competition from BWs. This game will just be a casual fest then and living on borrowed time.

if you take out all the people quing for their daily you would be alone (or close to it)

pvp in games was better before the carrot was on the stick... now it is the expectation...

but if i get in a group with idiots, i leave, i don't pay to play a game i do not enjoy, if that upsets you *shrug* guess i really don't care

lots of people queue well after thier daily is completed, including myself. I dont' pve so warzones and ilum are really all I play the game for, this goes for the 20+ other people on my friends list, your statement is false.

I agree /w that people for some reason need incentive to play games these days, I played counter-strike for quite awhile, I enjoyed the competitve aspect of the game, there was no benefit to winning other than perhaps some bragging privileges. If you lose, you perhaps took the opportunity to learn and moved on.

gear is ridiculously easy to get in this game, people clearly haven't played EQ / SWG / Aion or the like, I guess WoW (post vanilla) has created these expectations and its truly ruining the genre.

Edited by venjinze