The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

Well I got two stories both from Mando Raiders;

First;

PT tank, PT Dps, sniper Dps and myself on my Op healer. The tank and sniper were in the same guild so in most cases many would not say stuff... But this was the day after my kill of HM Council, so yeah I will admit I was full of myself (who would not be after killing them for the first time though it is not easy). So I died in the first pull with the quad dogs, we LoSed it and was not very effective. I died and after I died the Sniper began casting and dropped orbital on the non dog mobs in the pull which were the ones to kill me along with a dog. So of course I made the comment about Dps needing to do their job, I did not who e for the guard like other healers do just for the Dps to do their damn jobs and kill the weaker stuff. To which the Sniper replied "I orbital we them, you just suck" or some such I forget it all but he did say he Orbitaled them. Note the Orbital was after I died, so I explained how aggro works but this guy was having none of it. I fully expected a kick (tank and sniper same guild remember?) but the tank was silent and we progressed. Before we pulled the first boss I whispered the PT Dps and thanked him for listening, as he was running back and flame bursting stuff if it decided to attack me. The sniper was just not having it.

So when the tank died in the boarding party and myself died, after the last two (who btw were suppose to be dps'ed down evenly the TANK said so) were not even enough. Sniper made the comment "so was that the Dps fault too?". My response? "Yup, the tank and your guildie said evenly dead on one and 30% is not evenly". Oh lord I thought a kick was coming but nope... Turns out when I whispered the tank later before Gil that he did not care and was just head down tanking the FP ignoring the drama...

Was I wrong for being such a jerk? Possibly. Did I enjoy it? Hell yeah. Did that Sniper deserve it? In my opinion hell yeah.

Second;

Sin tank (myself), two sniper Dps, and Sorc healer I think... I am actually not 00% sure what class the healer was ether sorc or Op. anywho one of the snipers goes and pulls the second group, the one with the elite droid and few small soldier type adds. After they did I say "Do not so that again, I will vote kick you". Yes I am a partly stuck up tank, but I am the tank. I am tanking everything in the FP or I will leave (have before when a marauder decided to chain pull three packs in a 55HM FP). I am not completely stuck up though, I just firmly believe if your going to have a tank in a group then the tank should open pulls on thrash and boss alike. I have learned a bit in the HM FP que from PuGs so I enjoy it. We go through the rest of the FP with little trouble, at this point I can tank these original four 55HM FPs in my sleep. Only other noteworthy thing occurred in the last fight. It was the first time I truly noticed the lack of self heals... Normally I can position myself so that wither and discharge are targeting on the Boss and hit both turrets and that is enough to hold aggro with the heal aggro (been a while since I tanked mando raiders on a Sin). Yeahhhh not anymore, gotta work for the aggro on the other turret I am not actively single targeting down with the Dps. I missed the self heals for the first time since the change right there....

~Zen

Hmm well, tbh ..... the challenge in 16 man SM is actually to FAIL the dps check. I would hardly call it a miracle. Heck, for some fun I took the tank crystal and went in to do the tankchallenge on my sentinel instead. Just popped some cooldowns and passed the challenge without issues.

Yeah but the tank challenge in SM is a joke. I go in on my VG tank with the crystal, pop energy shield, and my passive means I come out with more health then I went in with.

Duran'del here:

I met two commando healers today, both with a few tank stats.

KDY:

The Commando healer has some really cool looking gear. I inspect him, and see that he has several pieces of tank gear. He's a higher level than I am(I'm a level 42 mando DPS, he's a level 49 mando healer). I quickly explain to him how tank stats work and how he won't need survivability if his group is doing their job. I give him some advice, and the run goes smoothly. I did have to go afk for a while.

Maelstrom Prison Story Mode:

Healer's helmet has absorb. I ask him why, and he responds that it was better than the one he used to have. I was hanging out of my BT-7 Thunderclap when I got a pop, so I tell the group that I'll snag an enhancement that I had lying around in my cargo hold. I grab it and head back to the FP, and give it to the healer. He's a level below it, but after we kill the bonus boss, he levels up and equips the enhancement.

Our Guardian DPS was building a tank set so they could tank when they get to level 40, and the RNG gods must have smiled upon them.

This wasn't really a GF thing but happened after a Colicoid war games GF . At the time I was leveling a Powertech tank for the Guild I am in because we were low on Tanks and decided there are way to may Juggs out there. Anyway I maxed out my FP legacy exp perks had a bucket load of exp boost and did the dailies and weeklies just doing FP's all day long and being a tank was getting GFFP's really easy. I did colicoid war games for the umpteenth time that day and came out on the fleet cashed in my mission with Malgus and then when I exited the conversation with him up pops 'player invites you to group' I think what the hell why not probably need a tank i'll join. So I click accept and there I am in a group with 3 other people wanting to do colicoid war games. Asked if I knew what to do I explain that I have done it many times over know it like the back of my hand and can tell them what they need to know if they haven't done it before. Then someone points out "Powertechs aren't healers" the group leader say sorry got mixed up with your class would I be so kind to leave and as I was about to say yes I can do good luck and all that jazz. Then someone else says can we try to do Colicoid as they are rushed for time. I agree saying it will be a laugh know it very well know the short cuts the boss etc. expecting to be a disaster I though someone would rage quit but we got past the mounted turrets without wiping ran through the next area of enemies did the puzzle part with one person dying by accident and then we got to the boss. We all aired our thoughts saying keep calm if we wipe etc and after a few minuets we go in 2 tanks 2 dps we wiped 1st time then second time we find out that we can re-spawn and run in and join in the battle to help the others we did this all dying once at some point but running back in to help the other 3 people and we did it. unconventional Yes no raging from anyone all very supportive towards each other. I have to say it was an unusual experience where I've been part of groups where someone is shouting at someone else or quit when one person makes a mistake the just abandon the group. so I just thought I share this happy experience with you all and thank those 3 other people who help me out through that. Thank you and happy SWTOR'ing.

/Sigh....

The cavalcade of BergCol bads continues un-abated:

Czerka Corporate Labs [HARD]:

If you're going to heal that one, especially if your tank has been away from the game long enough to be still in Rakata/Columi, then it helps to bloody well put mods --something, anything-- in your gloves and belt!

I'm generally a "press on, no matter what" type --wipes will happen to all of us, after all-- but by the time you hit level cap, you should *********** well know better.

How do these people even make it to level cap, at all?

E:

Yes, I added that healer to my /ignore list, like, quickly. A growing ignore-list is not of great help to a PuG DPSer over the long term, but until they institute a "charge the idiot back for your repair-costs" functionality...

Edited by midianlord

SM Taral V.

I was a healer Scoundrel. We started with a Guardian tank who, no matter how many times we told him, was certain that his current mode was his tank mode. It was not. He also didn't use any taunts at all. Which meant I was Healer-tanking the FP. We got through the first couple of bosses (the guy with the vinecats, and the the one with the big pet) without too much difficulty as I was a relatively high level healer, and well geared, so we decided to keep the tank, as we didn't want to wait for a new one.

Then came the bridge. He ran up beside the first droid, and got knocked off. The rest of us finished the fight and waited for him. He ran all the way back without using his speeder, and as soon as he got to us, he left... Not a DC or something, he actually used the "leave area" button, and left the group.

It's not like we where being rude to him or anything either, we were politely explaining how tanking worked, and giving him tips.

Edited by Dontelar

Maybe he's referring to ones who use both saber strike and double strike.

That said, I think it may be correct to use double strike at sufficiently low levels (like in esseles) as a dps sage. You'd have to make a new sage to check the tooltip at level 10-12 or so, but it's possible double strike is better than disturbance as filler at low enough levels. Also, it's an instant cast, so you could use it to finish off mobs if your project is on cooldown.

Double Strike had decent damage through at least LV 15 I believe. I have a lowbie TK sage right now close to 30 and the memory is still fresh.

Its not exactly a gf thing but a pickup group for 16man sm s&v. We did have a few wipes here and there but it was mostly due to someone doing somthing stupid. I died during the fight with the droids you have to buy to narrow down to the ones you want to fight before the boss. We were using voice chat on mumble and the op told us not to do anything after going down the elevator. what did I do I didnt go down the elevator because I thought he meant to not touch the control panel XD. final boss we completed without a wipe despite the fact it was a couple peoples first time and one of them wasnt using mumble. He died because he didnt know to stand under the boss. but really it went by real well. we just had some silliness slow us down at some points

Duran'del here:

I met two commando healers today, both with a few tank stats.

KDY:

The Commando healer has some really cool looking gear. I inspect him, and see that he has several pieces of tank gear. He's a higher level than I am(I'm a level 42 mando DPS, he's a level 49 mando healer). I quickly explain to him how tank stats work and how he won't need survivability if his group is doing their job. I give him some advice, and the run goes smoothly. I did have to go afk for a while.

Maelstrom Prison Story Mode:

Healer's helmet has absorb. I ask him why, and he responds that it was better than the one he used to have. I was hanging out of my BT-7 Thunderclap when I got a pop, so I tell the group that I'll snag an enhancement that I had lying around in my cargo hold. I grab it and head back to the FP, and give it to the healer. He's a level below it, but after we kill the bonus boss, he levels up and equips the enhancement.

Our Guardian DPS was building a tank set so they could tank when they get to level 40, and the RNG gods must have smiled upon them.

OK Listen here pal - we're looking for WEIRD people in group finder. Not nice ones. The ones who cause PROBLEMS - not proactively avoid them.

Sheesh...what do you think this is? :rolleyes:

OK Listen here pal - we're looking for WEIRD people in group finder. Not nice ones. The ones who cause PROBLEMS - not proactively avoid them.

Sheesh...what do you think this is? :rolleyes:

Dude, chill.

The weird part was getting a pop for a non-KDY FP as a DPS. And the commandoes with tank stats.

Edited by TheSupaCoopa

Just had a sage healer with 39k HP ask for guard near the beginning of storymode CZ core meltdown, with me on my shadow tank with 34.5k HP. Both DPS were around 31k HP. Forgot to inspect their gear (especially the sage's) so I don't know how well optimized it was. Since it was storymode, I thought "whatever" and granted his request. It's not like we were in any danger of dying, and the sage did end up doing a lot of DPS in addition to healing. He also really liked to charge ahead of me with force speed and begin fights. Overall the run went smoothly, but I wouldn't want a healer to behave like that in an HM.

Mando Raiders SM:

Took the tank a little while to get a hang of keeping the boss up top while the dogs were dealt with, but a relatively easy fight overall so I think things will go smoothly. Get to the Republic squad and tank jumps in while I'm explaining attack order, but whatever, it's cool that no one uses LoS to make healing easier on me, or follows the kill order. Also couldn't get a guard despite constantly pulling aggro doing nothing but healing. No worries that I had to consume myself to about 20% health just to keep everyone up. We survive, so I'll let it go.

So, final set of turrets and the tank charges through without saying anything, leaving me to waste force on cleaning up damage as everyone else gets into the room. Then, instead of staying while we clear the turrets at each station, the tank runs ahead and stays on the boss. Perhaps had something been said earlier we could have discussed it, but with everyone spread out between two stations, then a third when the tank moves to yet another one, we wipe.

Apparently this is his normal strategy. Something I've never tried, but I assumed maybe the turrets all go down once the boss is dead so I don't argue it. I manage to keep everyone up until Varad is dead, but those fun little turrets were still up. All dead. Wipe number two. So, back in again just to click the computer. The two turrets at the front are blasting as I go in, along with the three sets up on stations in the room. I bubble and heal long enough to click, and then dead again.

One tank on ignore. From now on if an idea seems idiotic from the outset I just won't be doing it, even if that means I have to leave group.

Edited by Prototypemind

What do you suppose they do when they are low on Force, and they don't have noble sacrifice yet? :p

I dont mean those. I mean people who are already level 30+ and have no idea how to play their sage.

Also people who open with a melee attack on full force.

Well, this isn't group finder, but it's still about doing group content with strangers, so I'm posting it.

The other day, I was leveling an alt on Alderaan, and I see in general chat a bunch of guys jumping on this fellow for LFGing a Heroic 4 Mission. He was getting all sorts of L2Ps, getting called a begger, and a noob for not soloing this quest. So, I feel bad for the guy, so I told him I'd do it with him, so he invites me to his group. So, now I'm the only person in his group, and he says LF2M Heroic 4, and they keep berating him over it. At this point annoyed, I tell them to back off, and give him a break. In response, the guy I'm trying to help cusses me out, kicking me from the group, cusses me out again over /whisper, and puts me on his ignore list before I can even ask what his problem is. From the best I can tell, when I was leaving the planet an hour latter, he still hadn't gotten a group together.

Edited by LordGarmaZabi

Begeren Colony FUN!

I'm tanking on my lowbie Sin and I get a pop for Mando Raiders story mode. Group was a Merc Healer, Marauder DPS and (I think?) Sniper DPS.

First section goes smoothly, and we down the first boss with no troubles but I'm told by the healer that I have Guard on the wrong person. The Marauder then pipes up wondering why I threw Guard on her. Now, I am not one to do stupid things just because I'm around ignorant folks, so I offered to either explain why I was leaving Guard on the melee DPS or to keep quiet about it. No way I was moving Guard, though, as the melee DPS was actually killing things in the proper order and needed the threat reduction. The healer becomes more and more adamant until finally I stop pulling and start explaining how threat works (both healer and marauder were convinced that heals draw more threat than damage). Healer finally says, "I don't care! Screw it, just pull," after I'm about halfway done with my explanation.

So I pull, and we proceed on to the Boarding Party. Where we wipe. Now, my tanking the first try was not as good as it could have been and I knew it, so I'm eager for the 2nd try. 2nd try, I nail it--almost nobody pulls agro on any of the four besides me, but healer simply can't keep me standing (this is with me using Dark Ward on cooldown and whatever else I had available). We set up to try a 3rd time but before we start I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear. I called him on it, giving him the benefit of the doubt as I know there's a bug that's showing incorrect gear when inspecting people. He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose, and it's at this point I should have stopped pulling. Instead, however, we tried the boarding party and wiped again, after which the healer quit the FP. We queued for a healer but after 10 minutes, abandoned it.

About 15 minutes after leaving, I had another queue pop for Mando Raiders and sailed through it smoothly and without any deaths whatever. It's not ALL bads on Begeren Colony!

Edited by Fidelicatessen

First up, Fidelicatessen let me know when you are on with that character I'd be happy to do some FP's with you on my sniper she's just hit 30...

Now for a story of bads on BC....

After waiting for nearly an hour for a FP pop into Cademimu on my sniper, I zone in, and I see a Powertech, Marauder and Sorc... So I go, okay this shouldn't be too bad... well I should have known better, when the Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!" :mon_trap:

I figured okay, maybe he's got some super gear or something, so I go along with this. On the first set of double gold droids, I CC one, and the marauder brakes it, so I CC it again, he brakes it again.... I also noticed that the Sorc was more interested in casting lightning then trying too heal anyone. So after a wipe on that fight we try it again, and I speak up that I can CC droids, this time the marauder leaves it alone, so we clear that one.

After two more wipes we make it the first boss, and I ask if there is anything I need to know, as this is my first time running this place, no response... so I guess it must be a tank and spank.... yea not so much, three wipes I just leave the group.

I re-que up and get in with a Powertech tank, Merc DPS, Opertive healer and me a sniper, after we all have a laugh that we are all playing opposite advanced classes to each other, we have the smoothest run I have ever had on my sniper.

I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear.

He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose,

Please, Please, please tell me how he explained having Strength as a Merc healer, healing on this class is not for the brain dead and it's actually a LOT of work(my main is a merc healer), so I'm very curious to know how he got the idea of putting Strength on a Merc and a healer at that...

Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!"

Sounds to me like he was just following the rules of being a Marauder ;)

Edited by toha
Typo

Begeren Colony FUN!

I'm tanking on my lowbie Sin and I get a pop for Mando Raiders story mode. Group was a Merc Healer, Marauder DPS and (I think?) Sniper DPS.

First section goes smoothly, and we down the first boss with no troubles but I'm told by the healer that I have Guard on the wrong person. The Marauder then pipes up wondering why I threw Guard on her. Now, I am not one to do stupid things just because I'm around ignorant folks, so I offered to either explain why I was leaving Guard on the melee DPS or to keep quiet about it. No way I was moving Guard, though, as the melee DPS was actually killing things in the proper order and needed the threat reduction. The healer becomes more and more adamant until finally I stop pulling and start explaining how threat works (both healer and marauder were convinced that heals draw more threat than damage). Healer finally says, "I don't care! Screw it, just pull," after I'm about halfway done with my explanation.

So I pull, and we proceed on to the Boarding Party. Where we wipe. Now, my tanking the first try was not as good as it could have been and I knew it, so I'm eager for the 2nd try. 2nd try, I nail it--almost nobody pulls agro on any of the four besides me, but healer simply can't keep me standing (this is with me using Dark Ward on cooldown and whatever else I had available). We set up to try a 3rd time but before we start I check healer's gear. Merc healer with level 19 Aim gear and a couple pieces of mid-20s Strength gear. I called him on it, giving him the benefit of the doubt as I know there's a bug that's showing incorrect gear when inspecting people. He assured the group that he had equipped the Strength on purpose, and it's at this point I should have stopped pulling. Instead, however, we tried the boarding party and wiped again, after which the healer quit the FP. We queued for a healer but after 10 minutes, abandoned it.

About 15 minutes after leaving, I had another queue pop for Mando Raiders and sailed through it smoothly and without any deaths whatever. It's not ALL bads on Begeren Colony!

Honestly with everyone at the same level, around Mando Raiders or so the healer still tends to generate more threat than DPS, even if they're killing from strongest to weakest or focusing on the right target. Giving heals the 5% DR is also beneficial at that point as well. My Sorc quite often pulls aggro even when I'm doing nothing but healing.

It will change at higher levels, but the healer isn't crazy asking for guard at that point.

Marauder said "Okay I'm tanking!"

Sounds to me like he was just following the rules of being a Marauder ;)

It's actually a lot more logical than you might think. Coming from someone who's first MMO was this one, I do indeed clearly remember doing a flashpoint (I think it was Hammer Station) right around launch and the tank had less HP than me. I said hey, if I have more HP, why can't I tank? Of course, two and some years later I could give at least four reasons why, but to the new player who doesn't necessarily have knowledge of the game's specifics it does make a significant amount of sense.

That doesn't make him right (because clearly, Marauders make poor maintanks) but it also doesn't mean he's stupid, just ill-informed.

Edited by idnewton

It's actually a lot more logical than you might think. Coming from someone who's first MMO was this one, I do indeed clearly remember doing a flashpoint (I think it was Hammer Station) right around launch and the tank had less HP than me. I said hey, if I have more HP, why can't I tank? Of course, two and some years later I could give at least four reasons why, but to the new player who doesn't necessarily have knowledge of the game's specifics it does make a significant amount of sense.

That doesn't make him right (because clearly, Marauders make poor maintanks) but it also doesn't mean he's stupid, just ill-informed.

There's no logic, dude.

When you choose AC, there will be a small tip... Marauders are.... DPS! Surprise!!!

And its not one of those things that becomes obvious only on high level...

There was 2 paths

1. Juggenaught (tank, dps).

2. Marauder (dps)

If he can't read, that means only one thing. That he... Well... Stupid -_-'

There's no logic, dude.

When you choose AC, there will be a small tip... Marauders are.... DPS! Surprise!!!

There was 2 paths

2. Marauder (dps)

You're assuming that a player new to MMOs knows what a tank is. False assumption.

There's no logic, dude.

There was 2 paths

2. Marauder (dps)

:rolleyes:

You're assuming that a player new to MMOs knows what a tank is. False assumption.

This^ ,many a time I had to explain to a new player what the need to do, and what they shouldn't do.

Also had 2 Times when I showed people what an advanced class is, and where to get it. so yeah stupidity isn't the issue in some cases.

Besides, Kingsbount you want to tell me you haven't seen a max level player being a total idiot? I find that hard to believe given the nature of the thread ;)

Well, when people say "Im gonna tank", i suppose they have some ideas (weird ideas, i admit) who's a tank.

:rolleyes:

This^ ,many a time I had to explain to a new player what the need to do, and what they shouldn't do.

Also had 2 Times when I showed people what an advanced class is, and where to get it. so yeah stupidity isn't the issue in some cases.

Besides, Kingsbount you want to tell me you haven't seen a max level player being a total idiot? I find that hard to believe given the nature of the thread ;)

We'r talking about marauder, wich means that he KNOWS about AC. Afterall he CLICKED that wonderful button with warning :rolleyes:

But you right at some point...

Maybe it's just my twisted opinion... Becouse i have most bad luck with mara's in PUG's. So for me, marauders are suicidal, CC-breaking, smash spamming idiots (Yes, yes. Its a pain in my neck. You read right).

But who knows, maybe there is people who can play marauders like pro. But i haven't seen them yet. If some of them read my post - my deepest apologies.