Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

Oh my gosh...that is completely hilarious. Waaay too funny.

I'm sure Vector didn't mind though. He's used to sharing and having an audience already. :cool:

it was hilarious...i was all " wait till we get on your ship! i wanna see if it works!"

too bad my skin glitched out

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, it took me two days to read this entire thread. I didn't want to needlessly repeat something that had already been said. Now that I have read it all, I feel the need to offer a warning to people like me.

I myself hate Vector. I always hated Vector. I hate the Killiks. I am not creeped out about him being a joiner. I am not creeped out by bugs. I just don't like him. I never did. I never take him out. I never play with him. I did want his affection levelled up though because I want him to perform his crew tasks quickly and efficiently. He can work as hard as the rest of the worker bees on MY ship. Especially since I never wanted him on my ship anyway.

I knew as affection levelled it would trigger the story line. That is fine. I did want to see all my companion's stories anyway.

I have one character that is almost purely lightside and two that are almost purely darkside, but my female sniper and my male commando I play neutral. I play them as extensions of me. I make them converse and act in whatever way I feel I would act in a given situation. (And like real life, when I have had a bad day I sometimes take it out in the virtual world, and have felt a bit bad about it the next day.)

So... Vector. You are a nice guy. An intelligent conversationalist. A genuinely nice person. You just rub me the wrong way and annoy the hell out of me. So, what's the problem?

Well, I was doing my normal "talk to Vector" routine, which is "be nice, and try to avoid his obvious overtures". I could see he was getting the hots for me and I wanted to make sure he knew I wasn't interested. So the problem? Yes?

I DIDN'T SHUT HIM DOWN HARD ENOUGH!

We were talking... I was trying to be nice and supportive. THE NEXT THING I KNEW WE WERE KISSING! Fade to black and then we were having the awkward "What are we going to tell everybody now?" conversation STANDING IN THE BEDROOM! GAH!

I WAS SO ANGRY! HOW DID I LET THIS HAPPEN? Walk of shame, walk of shame. I wanted in that moment more than any other to put a blaster bolt either right through Vector's forehead or my own for letting that happen. That's how I ended up here. I was SO ANGRY AND DISGUSTED I went online and did a search engine search for "I hate Vector" and it brought me to this thread.

No, I never "escape key" out of conversations. I say what I say and let the cards fall where they may. I know the fangirls will say I just succumbed to Vector's amazing and undeniable charm, but I really felt horrible and kind of dirty afterward (and not in a good way). In my next conversation I was so, so, SO happy to tell him marraige was not a good idea. I did feel bad to see him hurt that way (I am not a bad person after all) but it HAD to be done. In the next conversation after the proposal I also got the "you're my husband" option also which I found dismaying because now I can't escape the feeling that now that Vector got a piece he might now become my stalker and he will always think of me as "his". Ugh.

So my warning to all of you who do not want Vector in your bed: SHUT HIM DOWN! SHUT HIM ALL THE WAY DOWN! SHUT HIM OUT! LOCK THE DOOR! SAY THE MEANEST THINGS YOU CAN TO HIM! BUY HIS AFFECTION WITH ALL THE SHINEY THINGS YOU CAN BUT BE HARSH, HARSH, HARSH WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH! IF YOU DON'T YOU MIGHT JUST FIND YOURSELF ASKING, "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?"

It happened to me.

Poor agent. A mistake hookup in an already convoluted and crappy life.

As an aside Eckard is just about the only agent companion I can relate to. I don't like blind loyalists. Vector and Raina are Imperial toadies, with Vector having all his hive "duties" piled on top of that. Kaliyo and Scorpio are blindly loyal to themselves. 2V-R8 is blindly loyal to me (which is just pathetic). Yes, yes. I know Vector shows he will choose me over everything else, but he just comes with too much baggage. Scorpio seems to show she is pleased with our arrangement, but the first time she told me she WOULD kill me all I wanted to do was put a blaster bolt between her eyes (and I have wanted to ever since). Only Eckard seems to understand that we have a job to do, but it is not the be-all, end-all of everything. THAT I can relate to.

Edited by Cosset
Clarity.

Okay, it took me two days to read this entire thread. I didn't want to needlessly repeat something that had already been said. Now that I have read it all, I feel the need to offer a warning to people like me.

I myself hate Vector. I always hated Vector. I hate the Killiks. I am not creeped out about him being a joiner. I am not creeped out by bugs. I just don't like him. I never did. I never take him out. I never play with him. I did want his affection levelled up though because I want him to perform his crew tasks quickly and efficiently. He can work as hard as the rest of the worker bees on MY ship. Especially since I never wanted him on my ship anyway.

I knew as affection levelled it would trigger the story line. That is fine. I did want to see all my companion's stories anyway.

I have one character that is almost purely lightside and two that are almost purely darkside, but my female sniper and my male commando I play neutral. I play them as extensions of me. I make them converse and act in whatever way I feel I would act in a given situation. (And like real life, when I have had a bad day I sometimes take it out in the virtual world, and have felt a bit bad about it the next day.)

So... Vector. You are a nice guy. An intelligent conversationalist. A genuinely nice person. You just rub me the wrong way and annoy the hell out of me. So, what's the problem?

Well, I was doing my normal "talk to Vector" routine, which is "be nice, and try to avoid his obvious overtures". I could see he was getting the hots for me and I wanted to make sure he knew I wasn't interested. So the problem? Yes?

We were talking... I was trying to be nice and supportive. THE NEXT THING I KNEW WE WERE KISSING! Fade to black and then we were having the awkward "What are we going to tell everybody now?" conversation STANDING IN THE BEDROOM! GAH!

I WAS SO ANGRY! HOW DID I LET THIS HAPPEN? Walk of shame, walk of shame. I wanted in that moment more than any other to put a blaster bolt either right through Vector's forehead or my own for letting that happen. That's how I ended up here. I was SO ANGRY AND DISGUSTED I went online and did a search engine search for "I hate Vector" and it brought me to this thread.

No, I never "escape key" out of conversations. I say what I say and let the cards fall where they may. I know the fangirls will say I just succumbed to Vector's amazing and undeniable charm, but I really felt horrible and kind of dirty afterward (and not in a good way). In my next conversation I was so, so, SO happy to tell him marraige was not a good idea. I did feel bad to see him hurt that way (I am not a bad person after all) but it HAD to be done. In the next conversation after the proposal I also got the "you're my husband" option also which I found dismaying because now I can't escape the feeling that now that Vector got a piece he might now become my stalker and he will always think of me as "his". Ugh.

So my warning to all of you who do not want Vector in your bed: SHUT HIM DOWN! SHUT HIM ALL THE WAY DOWN! SHUT HIM OUT! LOCK THE DOOR! SAY THE MEANEST THINGS YOU CAN TO HIM! BUY HIS AFFECTION WITH ALL THE SHINEY THINGS YOU CAN BUT BE HARSH, HARSH, HARSH WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH! IF YOU DON'T YOU MIGHT JUST FIND YOURSELF ASKING, "WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?!?"

It happened to me.

As an aside Eckard is just about the only agent companion I can relate to. I don't like blind loyalists. Vector and Raina are Imperial toadies, with Vector having all his hive "duties" piled on top of that. Kaliyo and Scorpio are blindly loyal to themselves. 2V-R8 is blindly loyal to me (which is just pathetic). Yes, yes. I know Vector shows he will choose me over everything else, but he just comes with too much baggage. Scorpio seems to show she is pleased with our arrangement, but the first time she told me she WOULD kill me all I wanted to do was put a blaster bolt between her eyes (and I have wanted to ever since). Only Eckard seems to understand that we have a job to do, but it is not the be-all, end-all of everything. THAT I can relate to.

eh, one size does not fit all. and yes, lokin is the awesomest non romance comp by FAR ( dont give me that look blizz, boss still loves you very much )

if he ever stabs me in the back, i probably wouldnt be mad because he would do it sofa king epically.

Seriously, can't a girl get some privacy while she's getting some Vector love?

You know, the way I saw it was that my agent was sufficiently...thwacked...that if it wasn't the hive looking on, she'd have found something worse.

(Yes, it's sad that with my agents I've just thrown up my hands and said, "Oh, fine. It's your stupid little imaginary life. You live it the way you see fit. I'm just going to be sitting here at the computer and judging hard.")

Cosset, you've been a victim of the strange "feature" in game that makes the companion romance arcs an all or nothing thing.

Somebody out there needs to compile a list of all the romance companions' "trigger" conversations, so that people can make sure they either get the romance going or don't depending on what they want! And there should be a way to shut it off once you've gotten it going just in case you've changed your mind.

Does anyone know what Vector's trigger conversation is? If someone could figure it out, we could warn people. :o

It happened to me.

You should sign the "Hey can we please withdraw consent for all that activity we didn't consent to in the first place" petition! Because seriously, triggering that once shouldn't make us the target of sexual pursuit for the rest of our legacy-unlock-earning career, and avoiding that pursuit shouldn't numerically penalize us in game (by preventing those unlcoks). http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=440165

Edited by bright_ephemera

• 3 months later...

We need SGR's to come out so we can get more participants in this thread again. :D I reread the first few pages sometimes when I need a laugh. It's still so funny.

Do you think the writers knew what they were doing when they made Vector the female's LI for this class? Seems like a bold choice - I mean, most women don't consider bugs to be romantic. Was the romance option an after-thought? Or were they purposely trying to do something different? I wish I could ask them.

Yay, I missed this thread.

Quote writer Alexander Freed via twitter: " Thanks! (And I'm still relieved people didn't react to Vector with uniform horror. He's an... atypical romantic interest.)" So yeah, I'd say he knew exactly what he was doing, lol.

You could probably ask him there if you want, he is the writer of the Agent story and all the companions.

Edited by chuixupu

Okay, I haven't finished the romance subplot yet and, I'll be the first to admit that this is probably because I rolled my IA right after shelving my 28 Consular for a bit out of sheer boredom but, frankly? After having to spend several levels checking for roofies in all of my drinks and double checking all of the locks (as well as adding others) while dealing with Theran "Everybody-has-fun-on-Holiday" Cedrax, I am finding Vector to be a veritable and even welcome change of pace- bug or no. (Probably because, even though he may be a bug, oddly enough, he's not the one that made my skin crawl because, while Vector does strike me as a bit strange- Theran struck me as actually being "never-be-alone-in-a-room-with-this-guy" dangerous.)

I mean, alright, I don't quite get the forearm thing but, then again, GGG (Good, Giving, Game) doesn't precisely draw the line at humans only (good thing too speaking as a Chiss). Still, point is that I am Imperial after all so, I know for a fact that there are far worse- er... fascinations that the so-called "proper" human mind can develop. I mean, if I had a centime for every officer that wants to trounce around in women's clothing, spanked like a "naughty boy," or has actually pulled out an honest-to-fragging-sith shock-collar fully wanting to be the one to wear it.... I would indeed be a very rich gal. So, considering that what he wants isn't exactly going to see me spending a fortune at the local Imperil Secrets shop, he's welcome to rub away if that makes him feel better as far as I'm concerned.

So, I'll admit that I was a little worried at first but, right now I got to admit that I may not agree with Kaliyo on very much but on one thing we are definitely in full accord:

Sweet, good looking, loyal and dumb is the only way to go

Besides, at least Vector gets that anyone that doesn't like my decisions can just bite my blue butt!! :cool:

(Brought to you by a female gamer.)

Edited by Dallayna
grammar

I think Tharan is just a fling that doesn't go anywhere, actually. Because his true love is Holiday :o There's a guy in the Warrior story that is kind of like that too. I'm going by hearsay though, my Consular is male. I didn't want to be spoilery either.

Theran's a romance?!!!!

Before or after the Rohypnol?!!!!

I lol'ed hard. And then kind of shuddered and hugged myself and was grateful that Holiday holds his attention most of the time. :rolleyes:

Tharan Cedrax and the warrior's Lieutenant Pierce have one-night stand options. Quinn and Lt. Iresso are the "full" romances for female PCs for those classes.

Anyway, I'm all for bug-boy, so, carry on!

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone played around on the PTS with the Cartel Coins? I really want to know if the Covert torso (invisible modable top) that you can get with Cartel Coins shows Vector's chest or if it only displays his default undershirt before I shell out money for this.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone played around on the PTS with the Cartel Coins? I really want to know if the Covert torso (invisible modable top) that you can get with Cartel Coins shows Vector's chest or if it only displays his default undershirt before I shell out money for this.

It doesn't. :( It shows his undershirt and he looks at you like NOPE.jpg.

• 4 weeks later...

Holy s*** I remember this thread, re-read OP for a great laugh, thank you! XD

Though I do tend to think girl gamers get screwed for romance in this game:

Quinn: ...Yeah, no explanation needed

Pierce: Pretty limited

Tharan: Creepy and limited

Iresso: Boring

Vector: Bugs.

Jorgan: Really?

Doc: He's a d***

Andronikos: Also a d***

Torian: He's a child

Corso: Derp!

General flirts in SW storyline: Ugly old men. And Quinn.

Edited by AelixVII

Holy s*** I remember this thread, re-read OP for a great laugh, thank you! XD

Though I do tend to think girl gamers get screwed for romance in this game:

Quinn: ...Yeah, no explanation needed

Pierce: Pretty limited

Tharan: Creepy and limited

Iresso: Boring

Vector: Bugs.

Jorgan: Really?

Doc: He's a d***

Andronikos: Also a d***

Torian: He's a child

Corso: Derp!

General flirts in SW storyline: Ugly old men. And Quinn.

I can second most of these, except that I love Doc, b/c Bruce Campbell.

We need moar choices for LI's though:

Tallos Drellik (he's adorable, yes, he's dweeby, but he's adorable)

Doctor Lokin (The Most Interesting Man/Rakghoul In The Universe)

Blizz (you know you want to)

NOT BROONMARK

Scorpio

...for starters.

• 2 weeks later...
I can second most of these, except that I love Doc, b/c Bruce Campbell.

We need moar choices for LI's though:

Tallos Drellik (he's adorable, yes, he's dweeby, but he's adorable)

Doctor Lokin (The Most Interesting Man/Rakghoul In The Universe)

Blizz (you know you want to)

NOT BROONMARK

Scorpio

...for starters.

What's wrong with Broonmark? He is such a deep character; clearly one of the more well-penned personalities of this game (and not psychotic).

Another female gamer chiming in.

Speaking in general terms, females do NOT like bugs. We squash them. We swat them. We suck them up into the vaccuum cleaners. We do not want to romance some creepy buggy dude who refers to himself in third person plural. Sure, there's more to the game than romance, but as much as I enjoy leaving behind a trail of dead bodies, I also enjoy my romance options.

Vector creeped me out so much I dumped my female IA. Even Corso's insecure jealous whining is better than creepy buggy dude.

I won't be playing a female IA until there's either a companion update, or I can have a same-sex romance. I think I"ll just roll a female bounty hunter... but I really wanted to play an IA.

Talk for yourself, I'm a female and currently enjoying my entomology studies *rollseyes* but I do prefer spiders over "bugs"...

So, I see you can now get a Killik Drone Larva as a pet...

Part of me is thinking, "Oh no, those things are as ugly as SIN" and the other part of me is squealing and going, "Hee hee, a killik baby!" So many possibilities with this one.

Vector (holding a squirming bundle wrapped in a bow): "Agent, we got you a present..."

Agent opens bundle. "Err, couldn't you have gotten me a cute akk dog puppy like other boyfriends?"

Or maybe...

Vector walks in looking sheepish. A plump Killik larva is diligently tagging along at his heels. "It just followed us home, agent. Can we keep it?"