The 25k Req Build Challenge

Drakkolich

By now most people know that once you reach level on a character you get the intro to starfighter quest that rewards 25000 fleet requisition. While I don't suggest in any way you use this all on one ship, it is fun to make alts and blow it all on one ship just to get it going.

My challenge is, if you were to use all of this fleet requisition to either upgrade one of the 4 starter ships or buy a ship and upgrade that one, what do you think would be the best ship? Keep in mind this would be your only ship for all 6 different maps, so try to make a build that works well on all or most of them.

Let us know your build and please explain why you made your choices.

Couple of ground rules for the challenge.

- The T1 Gunship (Mangler/Quarrel) must be bought at it's 2500 fleet requisition price

- No Cartel Coin ships are allowed, this is about using our free fleet requisition efficiently

Here's a quick example of what a build might look like. (Keep in mind I don't think this is great choice, it's just an example :p )

Dustmaker

Laser cannon

Slug Railgun Mastered (Improved Hull Damage/Improved Damage) (15750)

Proton Torpedo 1 upgrade (500)

Fortress Shield > Directional Shields 2 upgrades (2500)

Barrel Roll 2 upgrades (1750)

Damage Capacitor

Munitions Capacity Extenter > Regeneration Extender 2 upgrades (1750)

Large Reactor 2 upgrades (1250)

Dampening Sensors

Crew

Aven Geth > Blizz (600)

MZ-12 > Gault (600)

Salana Rok

Writch Hurley

Copilot

Salana Rok

Total Requisition = 24700

Looking forward to seeing your builds!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'll bite. This is a heart over head build, just to see what you can do with the reward....

1 win 1152 and 172 (1374) req + 25K req from the introduction to GSF reward

I chose Nova dive, as I usually start a new character on these. They suit my playstyle. ( fast capping / hit and fade.)

I didn’t really think too hard about this, ( It was also the end of a very long day :rak_04:)

since I don’t usually stick with ND / BB scouts for very long – and since it’s a new character that I’m only mucking about with , It’s not necessarily the most optimal choices. But It’ll do in a pinch if it pops.

Primary weapon: Stuck with Rapids. Unlocked to Tier 3 +5% damage – 10% power drain, Armour ignore 100%

2nd weapon, stuck with rocket pods, tier 1 100% Armour bypass.

Blaster recharge tier 3 -5Second CD %0% more power +2Second duration.

Quick charge shield. Tier 3 ^% regeneration, Pool + 10% Regen during damage +100%

Barrel roll Tier 2 -20% cost, 10s CD reduction

Lightweight armour: Tier 3, +2+2+2 Evasion.

Range capacitor Tier 2 +2% +2% range

Sensors: left alone.

Regenerative thrusters Tier 3 _4%+4%+4%

I didn’t swap crew around much, and don’t have any companions unlocked ( since it’s only level 18 and I’ve not completed the starter planet yet)

Oro

Qyzen

Oro

Kendra

C2N2

That left 362 Req in change.

IDK if I’ll even fly much on this character – I was invited to a Conquest guild and thought I’d better put a few points on the scoreboard, before they kick me off. – But since I’m rather low level, they can hardly expect me to do operations and ranked PvP or dailies yet….

Feel free to pick apart my choices. – In fact please tell me how wrong most of them are. :o

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Type 1 Gunship:

Drakolich assumes you are an unloyal player of this game who wasn't subscribed when GSF launched, and also that you don't want to pony up fifteen bucks for the cartel market version.

Here we go:

2500 - Unlock the ship

1000- Burst Laser Unlock

500- Burst Laser 1 (increased damage)

500- Barrel Roll 1 (decreased cost)

1250- Barrel Roll 2 (decreased cooldown)

500- Slug 1 (cast time)

1250- Slug 2 (shield pierce)

2500- Slug 3 (armor ignore)

500- Ion 1 (accuracy)

1250- Ion 2 (cast time)

750- Disto unlock

500- Disto 1 (more evasion)

1250- Disto 2 (cooldown reduction)

5000- Disto 3 (missile break)

500- Lightweight Armor Unlock

500- Lightweight Armor 1

500- Regeneration Magazine 1

750- Regeneration Magazine 2

500- Large Reactor Unlock

500- Large Reactor 1

Imperial:

600- Gault Offense

600- Vector- Defense

0- Salana Rok- Tactical, Copilot

600- Bliz- Engineering

Republic:

0- B-3G9- Offense

600- Nadia Grell- Defense

600- Akaavi Spar- Tactical, Copilot

600- C2N2- Engineering

At this point you've spent 24,300. You'll get the regen extender 3 after the first game, finish up armor minor component, then drill slug to max, then finish shield minor, then the last rank of barrel roll, then drill ion all the way down, then burst laser, and finally finish by enhancing sensors.

Edited by Verain