In case any Jedi players wondered why Sith always seem stronger.....

Jedi Force/LS techniques simply pail comparison to to Sith/DS techniques.

It's cuz we ARE, Force wise anyway.

Shock>>>pebble storm (REALLY?)

Force Lightning>>>Project

A couple examples. I'm only LV 16 on my Guardian, but am glad I'm a melee just for this reason. A Sorc would absolutely murder a Sage (sub par mirror) for these same reasons.

In the movies, Sith can project too, as was shown, so it's total advantage them. Jedi got nothing except Force Repulse to block with (as Yoda did). They cant step to the Sith at all on Force offense. Electric Judgement or wth that is seems like a lame attempt to try to level the playing field by biting off Force Lightning also.

The most powerful Sith, Dark Lords can/could mind wipe/control billions, eat planets, create wormholes, live forever in theory. The most powerful Jedi Grand Masters can/could do..........exactly what to match again?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those powers do exactly the same amount of damage. The only difference is that Lightning hits instantly and project hits a sec or so later.

However they still do the same amount of damage, and cost the same amount of force. They are in every other way identical powers.

...The most powerful Jedi Grand Masters can/could do...

If you're talking about EU Lore, then Grand Master Luke was the most powerful force user period. He could do things that the Sith Lords couldn't even dream of doing. Luke for example could enter a state known as Oneness in which is becomes one with the Force itself.

See my other thread please....

That has nothing to do with this discussion. You can no more kill the Sith ideal then you can the Jedi ideal.

Doesn't change the fact that in every major encounter, the Jedi always win in the end.

Jedi Force/LS techniques simply pail comparison to to Sith/DS techniques.

It's cuz we ARE, Force wise anyway.

A couple examples. I'm only LV 16 on my Guardian, but am glad I'm a melee just for this reason. A Sorc would absolutely murder a Sage (sub par mirror) for these same reasons.

In the movies, Sith can project too, as was shown, so it's total advantage them. Jedi got nothing except Force Repulse to block with (as Yoda did). They cant step to the Sith at all on Force offense. Electric Judgement or wth that is seems like a lame attempt to try to level the playing field by biting off Force Lightning also.

The most powerful Sith, Dark Lords can/could mind wipe/control billions, eat planets, create wormholes, live forever in theory. The most powerful Jedi Grand Masters can/could do..........exactly what to match again?

Actually, Sage abilities precisely mirror Sorc abilities. Sorry, but your whole "Evil is Stronger" argument makes no sense in a balanced MMO.

The whole Lightning vs. Rocks debate is balanced out by the Dark Side making you stupid. Just think.

Slaughter Jedi children you could train into force-sensitive enforcers in order to help better establish the Empire? Dark Side.

Kill man who is still very useful to you? Dark Side.

Disobey direct orders from a higher-up and kill a man you were not supposed to? Dark Side.

Those powers do exactly the same amount of damage. The only difference is that Lightning hits instantly and project hits a sec or so later.

However they still do the same amount of damage, and cost the same amount of force. They are in every other way identical powers.

If you're talking about EU Lore, then Grand Master Luke was the most powerful force user period. He could do things that the Sith Lords couldn't even dream of doing. Luke for example could enter a state known as Oneness in which is becomes one with the Force itself.

Can those powers immobilize/stun enemies like that Sith Lighting can? You REALLY think Pebble Storm (PEBBLE STORM DUDE) is cooler than its lightning counterpart? You'd rather have that?

Lucas' attempts to make Luke a demigod through meditation are also lame. Doesn't seem to be nearly as lethal as being able to eat a planet or mind control anyone.....

That has nothing to do with this discussion. You can no more kill the Sith ideal then you can the Jedi ideal.

Doesn't change the fact that in every major encounter, the Jedi always win in the end.

Yea, it does. As said reason they win is built on an illogical, irrational premise.

Actually, Sage abilities precisely mirror Sorc abilities. Sorry, but your whole "Evil is Stronger" argument makes no sense in a balanced MMO.

So what's a Sage's counter for Death Field? Force Storm? Crushing Darkness? I can go on.....

ALL I've EVER seen a Sage do is project......

So what's a Sage's counter for Death Field? Force Storm? Crushing Darkness? I can go on.....

ALL I've EVER seen a Sage do is project......

Becoming one with the force and Sever Force.

(At least as far as lore goes.)

Edited by Rayla_Felana

.......Yeeea no. Pretty obvious I meant in game abilities. Besides, Malgus (as you said before) is one with the Dark Side too. Does that make him a demigod like Luke is supposed to be?

You very clearly made the OP a mix of both gameplay and lore.

And no Oneness=/=Becoming one with the force, you are getting mixed up.

Sever Force, Wall of Light and the ability to become truly Immortal far out-rank anything the Sith can conjure.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Guys, don't feed trolls. It's obvious that the skills for each faction do the same damage, regardless of the way it looks. If this is all about what looks better, than I agree that it is sith most of the time, but the damage itself is completely identical.

Dark side powers may be flashier, but truthfully, I would rather be shocked for a bit than have a boulder smashed on my head. I suspect lightning would be easier to survive.

Rayla_Felana wrote:

You very clearly made the OP a mix of both gameplay and lore.

True, sorry for not being clearer. I shoulda said that instance.

And no Oneness=/=Becoming one with the force, you are getting mixed up.

Ok soooo how exactly does this answer my previous question then? Becoming 'one' with the Force means you're suddenly impervious to any & all attacks of any type Cuz THAT is just the kind of demigod BS that's making people hate Lucas....

Sever Force, Wall of Light and the ability to become truly Immortal far out-rank anything the Sith can conjure.

'Truly'? Pretty sure Vitiate had immortality mastered. He was virtually immortal (1300 years strong), he just had his plans interfered with. DS Kreia/Traya severed that Jedi Council's connection to the Force on.....Dantooine was it? Causing them to die.

Now this Wall of Light you speak of sounds promising. Still doubt it can hold a candle to the 2 previously stated, epic Sith/DS abilities tho. When you can come up with an honest counter just as awesome for those, do lemme know.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

Can those powers immobilize/stun enemies like that Sith Lighting can?

Yeah, those powers do exactly the same thing that the Sith side powers do, provided you have the same talents. Just which part of exactly the same do you not understand?

You REALLY think Pebble Storm (PEBBLE STORM DUDE) is cooler than its lightning counterpart?

God yes, because after lvl 10 I simply couldn't play my Sorc for another moment. The first 10 levels of lightning was more then I could take. Anything that provides even a small amount of variety in power effect is welcome.

Rayla_Felana wrote:Ok soooo how exactly does this answer my previous question then? Becoming 'one' with the Force means you're suddenly impervious to any & all attacks of any type Cuz THAT is just the kind of demigod BS that's making people hate Lucas....

No becoming one with the force is what Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Yoda all did.

'Truly'? Pretty sure Vitiate had immortality mastered. He was virtually immortal (1300 years strong), he just had his plans interfered with.

He could still die, he had the mix of not suffering the decay of age and possibly Essence Transfer or some kind of mind-control/possession.

DS Kreia/Traya severed that Jedi Council's connection to the Force on.....Dantooine was it? Causing them to die.

No she didn't, she drained the life from all of them.

Now this Wall of Light you speak of sounds promising. Still doubt it can hold a candle to the 2 previously stated, epic Sith/DS abilities tho. When you can come up with an honest counter just as awesome for those, do lemme know.

A Wall of light could either 1. block someone completely from the force(Ulic) or trap Sith spirits, so Essence Transfer gets totally nullified right there.

Simply put, the Sith seem to get great powers early on, the Jedi get the best abilities we have ever seen.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

Yeah, those powers do exactly the same thing that the Sith side powers do, provided you have the same talents. Just which part of exactly the same do you not understand?

God yes, because after lvl 10 I simply couldn't play my Sorc for another moment. The first 10 levels of lightning was more then I could take. Anything that provides even a small amount of variety in power effect is welcome.

Shock, Electrocute, & Lightning are indeed different. LOL you can have your pebbles then. Makes no sense a pebble could stun you. Damn sure a pebble wouldn't stun me, getting shocked on the other hand.......

the kind of demigod BS that's making people hate Lucas....

Umm George had nothing to do with that. He doesn't even read those books let alone have any imput into what happens in them.

Pretty sure Vitiate had immortality mastered.

No not really, because he does die at some point or another.

Now this Wall of Light you speak of sounds promising.

Here's what the Wall of Light can do. Nothing on the DS can touch this.

When performed successfully, a wall of light allowed participants to effectively contain or purge the power of the dark side from a specific location, or sever an especially dangerous darksider from their Force connection.

Also Emerald Lightning or Electric Judgment is more powerful then Sith Lightning, because it can be used to more then just do damage, it can be used to bring someone back from the edge of death.

Shock, Electrocute, & Lightning are indeed different.

Yes you're right, not really sure why you feel the need to argue a point no one is making...

However the point is that the Jedi versions of those powers do exactly the same thing as the Sith version. The only difference is how it looks.

Simply put, the Sith seem to get great powers early on, the Jedi get the best abilities we have ever seen.

1. So you mean a Force Ghost. Sith can't become one?

2. If Vitiate went on unhindered in his plans, pretty sure he would keep performing said DS rituals that were keeping him alive, hence immortality.

3. So this Wall of Light you speak of should have easily prevented Sidious from jumping from clone to clone....yet he succeeded anyway.....why?

4. How do you know there isn't a DS technique to sever force? Makes sense there would be I say.

I realize these are all mostly uber abilities only the greatest Sith & Jedi could ever possess, but peaked my curiosity so I brought it up.