SWTOR endgame is an absolute disaster

First and foremost let me assure you that when I say that SWTOR's endgame is a huge mess I am saying this from experience as myself and my guild are one of the most progressed around. We are 4/5 nightmare mode in EV already and most of us have been level 50 since late december. We have consumed all of the content SWTOR has to offer and what we have experienced is alarming.

The flashpoints themselves had (and continue) to have tons of bugs. While some of these have been fixed, the very fact they existed and went live in the firstplace is phenomenal. Until 1.1 3/4 of the flashpoints had unlootable chests. If you managed to beat the instance you would get nothing from most bosses which had chests instead of loot from their bodies. This bug existed for an entire month without Bioware actually addressing it which I find unbelievable. Most companies would have jumped all over a bug like this as soon as it was discovered and had a hotfix out ASAP. bioware however took weeks to finally address this massive issue. then there was the "one of your party is locked to a current flaspoint" bug. This bug made it impossible for a certain person with this bug to enter a flaspoint. The hilarious thing is the bug was able to be passed from one character to another like a disease (this was also the only way to fix it!). To get rid of this bug you would have to figure out who had the bug and have someone else create a lvl 1 alt who you invited to party to pass the bug onto it and then the alt would have it. This bug persisted for weeks! Talk about outrageous.

Raids were and continue to be even more of a disaster IMO. There are so many bugs and problems with both raid clusters and each individual fights I will only focus on the most disgusting of them.

1. In Eternity Vault there was a bug with master loot where if the Raid leader had master loot on and went to pass loot out on the corpse most of the loot would disapear! Only commndations and crafting mats and schematics would be on the corpse while set gear and other drops would simply not be there. The only way to work around this is to have to loot by random loot and everyone having to be careful not to roll on something.

2. Bosses would bug out and do all sorts of fun things. The worst involved Gharj. Gharj would bug out and make it so you couldnt re-enter the raid because you were stuck in combat even though noone was in zone. He would then KILL the entire raid while they were outside EV and in the fleet! The only thing you could do was to reset the instance and re-clear 20-30 min of trash.

3. The brand new raid Kraggas palace which just released a few days ago is hilariously bad. First off the very first boss, Bonethrasher cannot be tanked and has a very fast enrage timer which means tanks on the fight are useless. This means most guilds trying to get him in HM/NM mode HAVE to sit out tanks (and often melee DPS due to punishing mechanics) if they wanna kill him. Wats funny is the very next boss fight has two bosses which requires TWO TANKS on HM/NM mode. Better hope your guild has extra people who like sitting outside the zone and wont get to fight certain bosses! Also whoever itemized Kraggas palace has no understanding of the game or is downright lazy as all the bosses in Kraggas commonly drop loot which cannot be used by the classes it goes to (this may just be a normal mode issue though). My Bounty Hunter for example, recieved light armor pants with willpower on them ***! Does Bioware even test this stuff?

4. Finally the worst raid boss ever created is Soa, the final boss in EV. This may be the single most bugged raid boss I have ever seen. This encounter has so many bugs it would take me 5 pages to explain them all in detail so here are the worst ones. Just last night on hard mode we encountered these ones. After a wipe, sometimes the floor in Soa's room would be half missing and you would have to reset the raid and run back. On the final phase the tank has to kite Soa and get pillars to drop on him so his shield drops and he becomes vunerable. A number of times the pillar would hit him but his shield stayed up! Because of this our guild failed 3 times to Soa and turned what would have been a win into another wipe. We were unable to get beat him because of this garbage yet again. Finally many guilda re reporting Soa after patch 1.1 isnt even dropping loot except for mounts and craft junk. Bioware again is sitting on their hands and taking their sweet time with all of these issue.

I wont even get into PvP issues............but I think most of us are aware of the many problems there.

There are other things as well which are not quite endgame related but incredibly frustrating. Myself and thousands of others who have high end gaming rigs are getting awful performance in SWTOR. I get 10-20 FPS in places like PvP/fleet even though I have a 6970 for crying out loud! I get 50 FPS minimum on high+ settings in every other game I own (BF3, Witcher 2, Rift) but for some reason I get 10 FPS at times in SWTOR. Pathetic.

Lastly, SWTOR is missing the most basic of MMO features like a COMBAT LOG!. What MMO these days releases without a freaking combat log?!!!!!

I really wanted this game to be good and I was expecting it to at least be mediocre and be well polished but to my absolute shock SWTOR is probably the most unpolished and buggy MMO I have every played. How could a game with a budget alledgedly topping $200 Million be this bad? HOW?

For those of you enjoying the game and planning to stick with it, good luck to you and I applaud your patience. SWTOR isnt without its merits of course but as a whole this is the most disapointing launch I have experienced in my 15 years of MMO gaming.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug*

Good. Glad to see they didn't waste much effort on the holding pattern, though I'm surprised you've already gotten through all 8 different stories. Feel free to resub (assuming you need to) for the month or whatever it takes you to get through all the story in the next Expansion.

The problem with this is, there is a ton of other actual game play and most of the players base has still a lot more under level 50s and they are working on all the content..this is not like other mmo's where the game starts at level cap the enjoyment is the leveling and story give them time and they have it fixed and from what I have heard from people on my server

is that EV is pretty awesome and not as many bugs as people are saying though idk

*shrug*

Good. Glad to see they didn't waste much effort on the holding pattern, though I'm surprised you've already gotten through all 8 different stories. Feel free to resub (assuming you need to) for the month or whatever it takes you to get through all the story in the next Expansion.

Bored?

No end game?

Just re-roll and do 90% of the same thing over again!

2. Bosses would bug out and do all sorts of fun things. The worst involved Gharj. Gharj would bug out and make it so you couldnt re-enter the raid because you were stuck in combat even though noone was in zone. He would then KILL the entire raid while they were outside EV and in the fleet! The only thing you could do was to reset the instance and re-clear 20-30 min of trash.

I can't emphasize this enough. This is NOT , I repeat, NOT an exaggeration , Gharj is (in my opinion) even more messed up than Soa, who at least can't kill me when I'm in the freaking FLEET.

I understand bugs take time to fix.

I understand that testing can't reveal everything.

I understand that some bugs are hard to pin down and may take months.

I understand that right now the focus is on tightning features and stuff that's killing PvE.

But come on. There's never, ever, ever going to be a good way to explain this.

Yep agreed OP, many of the reasons that I won't be re-subbing. Endgame is a joke and was an obvious afterthought for Bioware. So many terrible design decisions it really makes me wonder sometimes what these developers are thinking.

Bioware putting something in the patch notes and claiming its fixed unfortunetly does not make it true.

I know this but for some reason everyone else on my server doing the raid had the loot problem a week ago but now they don't I guess I have to go do it myself to see

Honestly, the problem is not even the fact that end-game pve is completely bugged, it's the fact that it's useless to begin with.

After you've got your few biometric alloys from NM black talon, there's literally no point running HM/NM pve.

Even the in game currency is useless. Credits have absolutely no value/reason at end game.

Ridiculously easily attainable pvp gear > all.

Edited by wixxkruppel

You mention that you have been playing MMO's for 15years, i guess this is the first MMO you have been playing at Launch beacause from my own experience, and partipation in multiple betas and day 1 relase (Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, Rift, EQ2, Lineage, Lineage2, WAR and i could keep going...) this is by far one of the best launch i had the chance to see in thse past 15 years.

Since it's the closest of them all and that pretty much everyone and his mother as been playing it ill go with Wolrd of warcraft. First of all the game as been out for a solid 7 years, and still they fail on EVERY major patch server are down for 10hour more then it was expected in the begining. But still ppl would get over it only to rage the next couple days untill some fix were applied to correct some bugs

At launch their was no end game content, no Battlegrounds and **** loads of bugs. I remember doing 40 Mans LBRS or UBRS because this was the only thing do to. When MC first came out, the bugs were ordendous and barely playable. But again this was new ppl raging everywhere crying like 90% of the haters are doing right now allover the forums.

Ok SWToR might now have the potential of being the best MMO ever, BW might not have what it takes financaly to support the game the way Blizzard did. But yes atleast their is End Game content, we have Warzone both are bugged as hell but so far im enjoying it, we cleared 16HM, moslty fighting bugs and not bosses but well we went through it.

You mention that you have been playing MMO's for 15years, i guess this is the first MMO you have been playing at Launch beacause from my own experience, and partipation in multiple betas and day 1 relase (Dark Age of Camelot, WoW, Rift, EQ2, Lineage, Lineage2, WAR and i could keep going...) this is by far one of the best launch i had the chance to see in thse past 15 years.

Since it's the closest of them all and that pretty much everyone and his mother as been playing it ill go with Wolrd of warcraft. First of all the game as been out for a solid 7 years, and still they fail on EVERY major patch server are down for 10hour more then it was expected in the begining. But still ppl would get over it only to rage the next couple days untill some fix were applied to correct some bugs

At launch their was no end game content, no Battlegrounds and **** loads of bugs. I remember doing 40 Mans LBRS or UBRS because this was the only thing do to. When MC first came out, the bugs were ordendous and barely playable. But again this was new ppl raging everywhere crying like 90% of the haters are doing right now allover the forums.

Ok SWToR might now have the potential of being the best MMO ever, BW might not have what it takes financaly to support the game the way Blizzard did. But yes atleast their is End Game content, we have Warzone both are bugged as hell but so far im enjoying it, we cleared 16HM, moslty fighting bugs and not bosses but well we went through it.

Not that I care, but MC was in at launch.

So.. Operations.. Yes they have some bugs and they are getting fixed.. Calm down..

I have found the boss fights a treat, the only exception the ancient pylons as they are so random and bugged (yes I know how to solve them, all 10 versions of how to solve them if you listened to every dude saying THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT)

Already the loot system was updated with this patch, which it sorely missed so that is just great... If you ask me of course the endgame has a bit lesser priority as most people are not as hardcore as you or me. That doesnt mean that they havent been addressing the operations and trying to fix thing like almost every week... I am sticking around, I like the operations, I like my guild, I like the people I play with, I like the game. Yes I find myself a bit bored on the main but only becus I've played the hell out of my main and acheived so much, now there is not much else to do than do dailys, pvp, run some hms for drops you might be missing, craft stuff, make money, kill world bosses, help out your guildies, wait for new content, new fp was a blast, cant wait for the next one, and looking forward to running through karaggas palace tmrw...

What I am trying to say is, you are asking for too much, take the game for what it is, go play another game if you bored and have nothing to do, unsub until new content comes or whatever... stop this nonsense drivel..

They spent something like $150 MILLION DOLLARS. And they made....this?! You'd think they would have realized that it's the end game that keeps subscriptions humming. You spend a few hundred hours leveling...but then you spend days and days and days of play time at max level. They should have spent a couple more of those millions on end game content rather than leveling content. Just imagine if maybe they'd capped the leveling game at 40 and spent the rest of that time putting in a dozen warzones and end-game raids.

And yeah I wasn't expecting it to have every feature WoW's got after 7 years, but to have so freaking few... I knew it was heading for trouble when I went to heal my first flashpoint and thought "Okay, I should set up mouseover macros," typed /macro and my dude did the "mock" emote instead. Then I thought "huh. Okay...well I figure in beta somebody must have written a healbot or grid-like mod, let me go google that....wait...what? No mods? You have to use the default frames....and select the player every time you want to heal? So you can't keep your target on the boss for interrupts or anything? Really?" $150 million...no combat log...no custom UIs...ouch. Story rich, but feature bereft.