Is This A Joke? A Bug? Intentional?

ThadiusMoor

First of all, everybody who thinks it's a grind to get this SH needs to get their heads checked. Running a flash point a few times does not qualify for grind. It just means your terribly lazy. You have the right to be lazy, just call it what it is.

Grind isn't just about time investment.

CoU is so poorly optimised, performs so appallingly, and the story writing is so bad that playing it even once felt like a grind.

All The Best

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric

Hey folks!

It is intended that we did not raise the Stronghold cap, due to its impact on Conquests. The idea of "place chairs in every hook" for your bonus is not a great experience. We would like to allow you to have the Strongholds you want and decorate them the way you want, without negative impact on Conquests. Right now those things are integrally tied together.

We may increase the Stronghold cap in the future, but first we want to address some of the issues related to Conquests.

-eric

Understandable.

However, the ONLY people to blame for the "put a chair in every hook" issue is Bioware.

Decos used to drop from Starfortresses - they don't now.

In fact there's tons of content that used to drop Decos that now doesn't.

Bioware deliberately choked off sources of decorations, to now apply what some may see as punitive measures because we were forced to use the decorations we did have, may just seem a little off.

All The Best

Hey folks!

-eric

If you were worried about the impact on Conquests, cap the conquest bonus at 150% and let us have 7 strongholds.

Hey folks!

-eric

Okay, but we're talking about two different things here, right? Or is the "Conquest Bonus Cap" (i.e. the [X]% bonus to your conquest gains based on your total decorations) actually hard-coded to the "Stronghold Cap" (i.e. the total number of Strongholds you can have activated at once)?

I'm all in favor of keeping the Conquest Bonus Cap where it is to avoid the "chair in every slot" issue, but I would certainly like to have the option to own and activate all 7 Strongholds, even if only 6 can count towards that Conquest Bonus.

Edited by DarthDymond

Hey folks!

-eric

This wasn't what was breaking conquest. Try any of the following to fix conquest:

1) merging 2-3 servers including one with the empire.

2) fix queues

3) lift one time limits for featured FPs/OPS and make them infinite or make one time missions per toon for them.

4) redesign gree and rakghoul weeks.

5) run Revanites more often

6) fold Zakuul and Umbara/Odessen into Iokath week.

7) if you aren't fixing queues, give more solo options.

8) reevaluate crafting

If you were worried about the impact on Conquests, cap the conquest bonus at 150% and let us have 7 strongholds.

Exactly.

You already PROVEN you can manipulate the bonus percentage a new stronghold adds to Conquest by making the train only add 15% (which, in itself is a ridiculous self-imposed handicap and will severely limit the number of people who bother to get this SH).

Open up a 7th slot and hard cap the max percentage bonus SH collections offer to the current 150%. Or add a script that reduces to 0% any additional bonus past the 150%. Problem solved. Won't matter which order you unlock the SHs then. This doesn't take a committee or months of playtesting. It takes common sense and a little forethought.

I've completely abandoned this expansion due to the ultimate "reward" being a net negative. Thanks again, BW. Iokath continues to somehow be MORE garbage than KOTFE, which amazes me. Oh, and optimize your crap code. The FP runs like Shroud of Memory did on release. Not that I'll bother running it ever again. Those mythical millions of new players you're hunting might want to not play through a yo-yo slideshow though.

Your buddies in The Bad Feeling Podcast have the right idea - the conquests could be tied in to strongholds if you made it so that you got the bonus conquest percentages by unlocking all the rooms rather than actually filling the hooks - this would mean that we could decorate the strongholds in a meaningful way.

I have 1 decorated reasonably well and the others are all full of chairs etc.

Make it so!

As intended? That's great !

I just thought it was the usual plain laziness and lack of time on a very poor bug ridden fp/SH that we're getting used to.

So it's Ok for you to say it was intended...how about you let us know before hand that we would have to remove a stronghold to have the new one.

I certainly would not have wasted a weeks worth of play on the most awful, rushed, laggy, bug ridden fp in swtor history only to be told... YOU MUST REMOVE blablabla to get your new SH.

So yeah, its a joke....I'm laughing like a loon as i click unsub.

Hey folks!

-eric

What a crock of crap.

I guess none of this was in the patch notes along with the token cap for purchasing it? Really sloppy if it wasn't.

So, I'd like to see the Stronghold Cap raised, but I don't think there was any need to affirmatively state a non-change in the Patch Notes. In 5.3 they raised the Cap to six (and said as much in the Notes). In 5.4, the Cap is still six.

I do think it's something that it might have been a good idea (from a PR / expectation management perspective) to mention in some of the forum discussions they've engaged with concerning the Stronghold, just to control the narrative a bit. But Patch Notes? Those don't need to spell out when there is no change to something.

Edited by DarthDymond

So, I'd like to see the Stronghold Cap raised, but I don't think there was any need to affirmatively state a non-change in the Patch Notes. In 5.3 they raised the Cap to six (and said as much in the Notes). In 5.4, the Cap is still six.

I do think it's something that it might have been a good idea (from a PR / expectation management perspective) to mention in some of the forum discussions they've engaged with concerning the Stronghold, just to control the narrative a bit. But Patch Notes? Those don't need to spell out when there is no change to something.

I still can't help finding it silly, you release something new, but it'll be potentially unavailable to players if they have the maximum of stronghold's.

Even if it isn't necessarily necessary to state it, would it do any harm if they actually did.

Fore personally it isn't exactly an issue, I only have 3 SH, as I can't even fully decorate one of them.:rak_03: But still!

Maybe I'm being unfair, but when things like isotope nerfs, (both of them apparently) aren't being mentioned either, it doesn't exactly make it any better.

But okay, the conquest thing is just a problem right now, I guess they'll get around to it when they do.

Hey folks!

-eric

Oh bloody hell, yet again conquests are stuffing up the game. These have honestly been one of the worst additions to the game made even more worse by the fact they keep bugging out and having impacts on other parts of the game.

They should have never been tied to strongholds, it's utterly retarded. I would say whoever came up with the idea should be fired but I am guessing they are long gone (I hope).

This needs to be fixed and strongholds need to be removed from conquest end of story.

Also who are you to tell players what is or is not a good experience for how they choose to use THEIR stronghold? If they want to put a chair everywhere to get a bonus then that's on them, they clearly took the time to unlock the SH (in this case grind a bit of the new FP), most likely pay for the game, grind credits to unlock more of the SH and must therefore participate actively in conquest (thus grinding more of the game) else why would they bother?

Seriously BWA's logic is flawed anytime they think they should be telling players how they should be playing. Don't forget Ben, Ben tried that, it didn't end well for Ben.

It was Intentional??? Intentional?! So you guys honestly like to keep us in the dark about these changes?? Unbelievable! Absolutely terrible!! From intentionally not telling us about nerfs to isotopes to having to grind a boring, buggy flashpoint on the same Freaking toon, to not telling us we can't even have that SH until Tuesday, to not even being able to have that SH unless we sacrifice another stronghold!! And you devs are okay with this type of service??? Are you freaking kidding me?! All because of SH bonus affecting conquest points and how you don't want players to fill up said SH's with endless amounts of chairs. All of us who are subscribers will play and decorate our SH's how we damn well please! Until you start paying my sub, I will play the game how I damn well want to. Dear devs, please stand up, bend over. Now yell POP!! Are your heads out of your butts yet????

Oh bloody hell, yet again conquests are stuffing up the game. These have honestly been one of the worst additions to the game made even more worse by the fact they keep bugging out and having impacts on other parts of the game.

They should have never been tied to strongholds, it's utterly retarded. I would say whoever came up with the idea should be fired but I am guessing they are long gone (I hope).

This needs to be fixed and strongholds need to be removed from conquest end of story.

Also who are you to tell players what is or is not a good experience for how they choose to use THEIR stronghold? If they want to put a chair everywhere to get a bonus then that's on them, they clearly took the time to unlock the SH (in this case grind a bit of the new FP), most likely pay for the game, grind credits to unlock more of the SH and must therefore participate actively in conquest (thus grinding more of the game) else why would they bother?

Seriously BWA's logic is flawed anytime they think they should be telling players how they should be playing. Don't forget Ben, Ben tried that, it didn't end well for Ben.

Putting chairs everywhere in a SH for a single person pretty dumb. Nobody truly thinks, ahhh new SH, I'm going to buy it just so I can fill it with chairs I can't even properly sit on.

1) Strongholds should never have been a part of Conquests. It doesn't even make sense. "There's a Conquest of Corellia this month, make sure your Tattooine Stronghold is fully decorated." Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. What do my apartments have to do with conquering a planet? And a different planet than the one my apartments are on, for that matter?

2) Use common sense people. The limit is 6. Did they really need to explain a new one would put you over that limit if you already have 6? Keith is going to learn the same lesson I did in my first management gig. Even if common sense dictates it, you still have to fully explain and provide pie charts and graphs whenever possible. Catering to the lowest common denominator becomes a necessary chore.

So instead of giving us 175% Conquest bonus until you can figure out how to fix the bonus for multiple strongholds, you will force folks to deactivate a stronghold to get this one? I disagree with your choice here.

Everyone who is going after conquest is doing the same thing, so whether it is 150% or 175% or 100% capped once you fix the multiplier, we're on the same playing field. You are negatively impacting every player in the game for the sake of those focusing on conquest. Also, in the macro of conquest grinding, there are much bigger issues than this.

I hate that this has to now be a hot button issue that will get in the way of real QOL improvements, bug fixes, and content creation that will better serve us, the players.

Also, it's "place Zakuulan grenades in every hook" thank you very much :rak_01:

Hey folks!

-eric

Then separate CW bonuses and SH's. They should have never tied together in the first place. How so-called professionals can drop the ball so often on issues like this is almost beyond belief.

Oh, and please do fix the hooks in the new SH. They're absolutely appalling.