Do any tanks use Blizz?

DarrkLore

I'm on the Hoth part of my class quest so I'll be unlocking Blizz soon. Ever since I found out that Bounty Hunters got a Jawa I knew I wanted to use him, who doesn't love jawas? But I'm a tank and he's a tank so obviously the math doesn't really work out. So can anyone tell me if his DPS stance (I'm assuming he has one) is any good to pair up with a tank Powertech? Has anyone tried it?

In my experience, playing solo and grouping with my wife, there are 2 reasons to use any companion:

1) First and foremost, practical use. Obviously, this is the biggest reason most of us pick which companion to use. For example, if you are a back line damage dealer, then a front line tank is most useful. Most of the time, especially while solo, people pick what they need.

2) Second, personal preference of character personality. This option is usually picked when there is little to no need for a specific role from a companion. When me, my wife and our friend were out 'n about, we pulled out Blizz, simply because we loved the little guy. My wife took him off his tanking stance as to keep him from getting killed, and we had him tag along for the sheer entertainment factor.

When I'm doing something serious, I take Mako (being a Powertech tank). When I feel little to no threat of dying, I pull out Gault or Blizz, depending on my mood.

Yes, BH tank's can, and do, use Blizz but typically for a less serious or over powered game play.

Edited by RamathRS

I have been Shield Tech all the way up to 50 and still am.

Blizz and Skadge

are definitely the worst companions for a ShieldTech or tank class ever. Even in their DPS stance they suck balls. I think my favorite is

Torian, followed by Gault, and then of course Mako

for Heroic things I can't find a healer to do.

2) Second, personal preference of character personality. This option is usually picked when there is little to no need for a specific role from a companion. When me, my wife and our friend were out 'n about, we pulled out Blizz, simply because we loved the little guy. My wife took him off his tanking stance as to keep him from getting killed, and we had him tag along for the sheer entertainment factor.

When I'm doing something serious, I take Mako (being a Powertech tank). When I feel little to no threat of dying, I pull out Gault or Blizz, depending on my mood.

Yes, BH tank's can, and do, use Blizz but typically for a less serious or over powered game play.

I think you're on to something here! I play with my boyfriend quite a bit and we tear through stuff between the two of us and our companions. So I guess I could have Blizz out when I'm with him no problem. Then when I'm playing solo I can pull Torian or Mako back out. Thanks for your response :)

Only for show (like idling in the fleet or showing off in lower levels). But think about it---why would a tank use another tank? What's the benefit of having two tanks? Heroics and flashpoints don't even need two tanks! Edited by xioix

Blizz would die horribly in tank stance without heals.

I use Blizz on my Merc healer and even with full orange/purples and all 50+ mods he can only manage a 27% reduction, 10% def, 30% shield and 28% absorb. Basically he is an off tank at best.

But he is cute and very funny to listen to. If you get the "special" customization from Belsavis space port he is very funny to look at too :)

Edited by Brakner

Only for show (like idling in the fleet or showing off in lower levels). But think about it---why would a tank use another tank? What's the benefit of having two tanks? Heroics and flashpoints don't even need two tanks!

That's why I was asking if his DPS stance was any good for a tank.

Blizz makes a great item rack for me to switch between my tank and dps gear. I love the guy, but if you want dps, he just doesn't stack up to Gault/Torian imo. Hard to tell for sure without a combat log, but that's the way it feels.

Blizz makes a great item rack for me to switch between my tank and dps gear. I love the guy, but if you want dps, he just doesn't stack up to Gault/Torian imo. Hard to tell for sure without a combat log, but that's the way it feels.

Yeah I just unlocked him now and he only has two abilities that don't generate threat. So even in his DPS stance, he's only semi-dps. Oh well... at least I love my Torian too :)