Galactic Living EP3 Livestream Q&A Notes

Iwipe

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor/b/548497416

Q&A

• Rooms already exist inside a house but you cannot access them unless you unlock them first by interacting with the door of a specific room and pay the unlocking cost.
  • Stronghold items that give you buffs? No items like that. Strongholds do give you rested XP.
  • Fleet chat in strongholds or riot? Our current decision is still planetary chat.
  • Can you become Kephess? Yes
  • All strongholds have massive hooks to fit in ships. Some of them have roofs that may not fit the ship perfectly.
  • Can we choose which room we unlock as the subscriber rewards? No, it is static and same for everyone.
  • Can we have extra gold key to share with other players to help us decorate? Not at the moment.
  • How many rooms does Nar Shaddaa have overall? 9 rooms max.
  • Will guild strongholds have different layout than player strongholds? No, guild strongholds will use the same setup.
  • Harvesting plots in Tatooine stronghold? This is not farmville.
  • Does staircase count as a room? Not sure.
  • Can you place companions of your other characters (classes) while decorating or do you have to be on that class? I think you have to be on that class.
  • How many decorations you get when you finish the starter quest? I will try to get a list of all the items you get.
  • If you have two warriors for example, can you place like multiple companions? I am positive you cannot place multiple copies of your companions but I am not sure if you place say Kaliyo on your agent and if you switch to your warrior and it switches to Jaesa for example.
  • Decoration drops, is it like mounts where only one copy drop per boss? Not positive but most likely
  • Ingame events in Strongholds? Ingame events that come back will have decoration items added to them.
  • Can you rename your stronghold? You can’t rename it but there are some stuff you can do to tie around it.
  • If I place an item in one stronghold, will that item be unavailable in the other strongholds? Yes, you do have a limited amount.
  • New section on the legacy interface for strongholds? No because there is a stronghold interface.
  • Stronghold crafting done by current crafting skils? Yes
  • Is there a giant reset button? I don’t think there is one.
  • Will items unlocked with achievements automatically go 50/50 in terms of item count. I am not sure about this.
  • Features to control the lighting of the room? Not currently, but there are some features you can use to adjust small area of the room.
  • Why would you want to deactivate the stronghold? At launch there is a limit of 4 strongholds active per legacy. If we release more strongholds in the future you need to deactivate one. I am not sure if the guild strongholds count against that but I don’t think so.
  • What is the point of getting different stronghold? All the strongholds are dramatically different and some are more cross-faction accessible.
  • Do you have to be on the character that unlocked the decoration to place it. No, it unlocks into the legacy.
  • Is there a way to preview a stronghold before purchasing? I don’t think so, but I am not sure.
  • Do we get a free emote to sit in chair? Yes it is a free /chair emotes.
  • PvP/PvE terminals? I am not positive if they are in there. I do know there are GTNs, crafting tables etc.
  • Why does limit for the strongholds exist? It is purely a technical limit.
  • Will hooks be added to character starships? Nope. You can decorate strongholds and guild flagships
  • Can I get multiple copies of the same stronghold? Don’t think so but that is a good question.
  • New cartel pack shipment for strongholds? Yes
  • When you deactivate a stronghold, do you loose the unlocked rooms? No.
  • Can I invite F2P players to my stronghold during early access? Yes they can visit.
  • Max number of tabs in legacy storage? I don’t know.
  • Training dummies in strongholds? I don’t know

Legacy Storage

• When you complete your starter quest for strongholds, you will get a legacy storage unit. It does not allow you to BoP items currently. There are some discussions internally if you can place BoP items in the future. You can place any BoE/crafting components etc.
  • If you want to craft something, the priority is inventory –> cargo hold –> legacy storage
  • Can you store credits in legacy storage? Not sure, need to check.

Edited by Iwipe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love this logic...

Why would you want to deactivate the stronghold? At launch there is a limit of 4 strongholds active per legacy. If we release more strongholds in the future you need to deactivate one. I am not sure if the guild strongholds count against that but I don’t think so.

It's like telling me that if I own three cars, I have to "deactivate" one because... I have to "deactivate" it.

No raison d'être required. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Might be technical mumbo jumbo that is causing the limitation...

Maybe..

I should have explained better. They do say it may be technical but I meant an actual in-game lore explanation.

For example, when they first chose to retire the Korrealis' vehicles in early 2012, they actually explained the WHY, from within the game's universe perspective.

In here, there is nothing of the sort.

Your characters can't have more than four Strongholds. Why? Hmmmmm... Something pertaining the fabric that weaves the very boundaries of our Universe? Yeahhhhh, that must be it. :rolleyes:

"Can you become Kephess? Yes"

Care to elaborate?

Wondering that myself.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I should have explained better. They do say it may be technical but I meant an actual in-game lore explanation.

For example, when they first chose to retire the Korrealis' vehicles in early 2012, they actually explained the WHY, from within the game's universe perspective.

In here, there is nothing of the sort.

Your characters can't have more than four Strongholds. Why? Hmmmmm... Something pertaining the fabric that weaves the very boundaries of our Universe? Yeahhhhh, that must be it. :rolleyes:

Wondering that myself.

The force is preventing you from spending money!

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

This thread seems like a good place to clarify the 4 Stronghold limit. At the launch of Strongholds, in 2.9, you will have a maximum of 4 Strongholds. This number does not count the Guild Flagship and Guild Stronghold that a Guild leader can attain as well. This means that you can have all of it without hitting any limits. (I should note that each Guild can only have 1 Stronghold and 1 Flagship)

The reason that we have this in place, is performance. Simply put, we do not know how it will affect game performance to have more than 4 Strongholds until we get in and test it. None of which matters currently unless we add another Stronghold. It is always possible that if we release another Stronghold that we will test it, and it will have no performance hit and that the 4 limit will be raised so players can continue to have all of the Strongholds. We can cross that bridge however, when and if we get there. :rak_03:

TLDR - At launch you can have every Stronghold without issue and should there be a need to raise the 4 Stronghold limit, we will definitely test to see if we can!

Hope that clears things up!

-eric

Hey folks,

This thread seems like a good place to clarify the 4 Stronghold limit. At the launch of Strongholds, in 2.9, you will have a maximum of 4 Strongholds. This number does not count the Guild Flagship and Guild Stronghold that a Guild leader can attain as well. This means that you can have all of it without hitting any limits. (I should note that each Guild can only have 1 Stronghold and 1 Flagship)

The reason that we have this in place, is performance. Simply put, we do not know how it will affect game performance to have more than 4 Strongholds until we get in and test it. None of which matters currently unless we add another Stronghold. It is always possible that if we release another Stronghold that we will test it, and it will have no performance hit and that the 4 limit will be raised so players can continue to have all of the Strongholds. We can cross that bridge however, when and if we get there. :rak_03:

TLDR - At launch you can have every Stronghold without issue and should there be a need to raise the 4 Stronghold limit, we will definitely test to see if we can!

-eric

That is a smart way of doing things Eric.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thank you.

Around 23:00 Musco puts a huge kolto tank as a wall ornament which looks pretty cool in a funky awkward way. It sticks out like a horizontal fire hydrant.

Hopefully this is intended and not a bug so we can do some semi-weird stuff within the hooks system.

Hey folks,

-eric

Good communication. Smart ;) Thanks Eric!

As always, thanks a lot and great wrap up!

Simply put, we do not know how it will affect game performance to have more than 4 Strongholds until we get in and test it.

Not to play the devil advocate but do you even have an idea of how 4 stronghold if not one will affect the game?

Then if adding more strongholds would indeed impact the game performance, guess it means activating new stronghold will lead in deleting former ones layouts to lighten the load on the BD.

Finally thanks for the answer.

Will guild strongholds have different layout than player strongholds? No, guild strongholds will use the same setup.

Big let down, anyway no that we can change anything though

Harvesting plots in Tatooine stronghold? This is not farmville.

Thought you let go the people who sunk SWTOR.

We did not see Han mining either, right.

Ask Luke what he did for a living then...

Edited by Deewe

Is there going to be an option for stronghold owners to disable duelling in their strongholds? I know a lot of people want to duel, but there are also a lot of us who would like to put our strongholds on the public listings, but don't want people duelling in our homes.

Hey folks,

-eric

Hi there, judging by your post i take it guild ship and guild stronghold are 2 different things. is there any inter dependency between these two? for example i must have guild ship to have guild stronghold or must have guild stronghold to have guild ship?

Hi there, judging by your post i take it guild ship and guild stronghold are 2 different things. is there any inter dependency between these two? for example i must have guild ship to have guild stronghold or must have guild stronghold to have guild ship?

I doubt it.

The more I see about the stronghold itself, the more bored I get with it. I just feel like, just from viewing the vids, that the overall quality of work is very poor. Thankfully it looks like I am in a minority, if forum member reaction is any indicator...I hope this does really well. I am excited for Bioware and hope this is a real hit for them.

I am interested....very VERY interested and excited about legacy storage and the ability to make the stronghold my "one stop shop" kind of place.

I am fine with the lack of ability to place bound items in legacy storage, but the item that really interests me at this point is this.....

Can you store credits in legacy storage? Not sure, need to check.

If this is the case, frankly I don't care how bad the stronghold decoration system is. Just this one point alone would make my day, and make it all worth it to me...its a HUGE QoL feature IMO.

Just my slant.

The more I see about the stronghold itself, the more bored I get with it.

You and me both.

I'm not going to start a debate between swtor vs wildstar as I sub to both games and want both to be very successful. I frequent the wildstar reddit board and came across this housing http://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/2aweuj/housing_plot_penthouse_apartment_in_neovegas_or/ and it makes me want to spend time crafting and decorating my own house. The variety is endless.

Now, hooks are great and pretty intuitive to throw quickly and easily decorate your stronghold, but from watching the streams, it doesn't seem to offer the flexibility to make it feel like it's yours and it's unique.