Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, I undercut by 1 credit.

It's much better than undercutters who bottom out the price by several thousand credits.

Depends on the pricing. I remember selling a blaster from a Cartel pack that was going for 500k on the GTN. I initially set the price for 500k too but two days later it was returned after expiring. Checked again, people were selling it for 500k again, so I set it for 250k. Boom. Purchased. So I guess the price has to be something someone will pay credits for in the first place, then you should worry about undercutting.

The people who sell even artifact-level luxury fabrics at a loss are still annoying. I try to make sure the prices are above the default, though not ridiculously high. (10x the default is edging towards the ridiculous price levels, IMHO.) Similar things seem to happen to lvl 5 and 6 sliced tech parts.

Edited by Sinapus

2. 2-day limit. Many things here, but items coming back to email with deposit and single item/block per email is a gigantic pain in the arze for someone like me who crafts and sells every leveling purple for each crew skill across several alts. I also purchased the 90 slot unlock. So it's annoying to have to wade through 60-70 emails every two days and click to get my item back and also click to get back the deposit. Better solution would be to enable a "refresh" that would allow you to go an click refresh sale and pay the deposit each time (heck, even put a cooldown on it). Only if you fail to refresh do your items go back to email.

I wish there was a longer list time too, but you know there is a "take all attachments" button in your mailbox, right? Just mark the checkbox for each returned email and use that "take all" button and it will automatically give you back your creds and items from the selected emails.

I wish there was a longer list time too, but you know there is a "take all attachments" button in your mailbox, right? Just mark the checkbox for each returned email and use that "take all" button and it will automatically give you back your creds and items from the selected emails.

You can also use the select all, and then the 'take all' button. Just two clicks, and you have both attached cash and items back. But make sure you don't accidentally hit the 'delete' button in between, since it has NO confirmation (yes, I found out the hard way, with several mails with attachments selected, ouch!)

You can also use the select all, and then the 'take all' button. Just two clicks, and you have both attached cash and items back. But make sure you don't accidentally hit the 'delete' button in between, since it has NO confirmation (yes, I found out the hard way, with several mails with attachments selected, ouch!)

Yes, that's what I actually do - I do it so often I didn't even realize it without having the game open.

I did that with my commando. Fortunately it was all read e-mail with no cash/attachments. Those little "thank you" type e-mails you get from NPCs that vanish after 30 days.

OMG!:eek: I never knew this. What a great tip! And the select all too. I feel like a maroooooon!!

Undercutting by a large amount. I know that this has been mentioned before but I am seeing a lot more of it.

For example, MK-6 kits are selling for 34,000 credits + or - 500 and have been going for that amount for a few hours. When I list at that price, usually half of my listings are sold befoe I finish. Then all of a sudden nothing. I check back and find that someone has listed three or four pages at 30,000. A 4,000 drop. Then people start listing at 29.500 so that they can make a sale and the price sprials down. A few days later the glut is gone and the kits once again sell vigorously for 34,000 for a while and then again someone drops three or four pages at 30,000 and here we go again.

It ends up that a few people depress the price of the kits and by dumping keep it lower than it should be. I can see posting low to make sales, but when I consider the profitability of each sale (sale price minus time cost and what I could sell the mats for) a little over 10% in price drop magnifies into a very large percentage of net gain,

Perhaps someone who is doing pages and pages of listings at prices significantly under what the item could list and sell for will explain their rational. In the example of the kits, if you buy the mats there is not a huge profit margin in the kits and if you gather the mats through missions or directly out in the world it takes a ton of time. 30+ kits (three or more pages) at 10 components per kit is 300 components which at about 8 mats for component gives over (without the re mat pay back) 2,400 mats. That is a lot and represents a large investment in time and/or credits. Dumping al of that at a much lower price than is needed to make the sales and screw up the market just does not make sense to me. Selling 30 kits to gain the same amount that 15 or 20 will give does not make sense to me.

I used kits as an example, but am seeing this in a lot of places and for a lot of items.

I've been keeping my mk-6 kits at 33k minimum. I figure their demand is great enough that the 29k kits will be snapped up but people will still buy mine at 33k or above. So far I've been getting sales.

It's the resources from the cartel packs that annoy me more, since they're undercut by ridiculous margins. I still manage to get them sold a tiny bit at a time at default prices.

LOL, yesterday I thought of my last post.

MK-6 kits were selling at a good clip at 35,000 each on Harbinger. I made a few and when I went to list them, I saw that some ##### had listed six full pages at 30,000 (5,000) less than the next lowest. A few days before, when they were going at 34,000 some ##### listed three pages at 25,000,

I understand that everyone has a perfect right to list at the price that they choose. I understand that people will list lower than the next highest price by a good deal at tiimes because they feel that the prices are unfairly high. I understand that people will list at a low price to move a lot of goods at a time. But what I see happening just appears ot be excessive by a mile and kills the market for the rest of the sellers.

I am not sure why people are dumping three to six pages of goods (especially one that takes a while to make) at a time unless they are just cleaning out their cargo holds.

• 3 weeks later...

They tend to go for 38k minumum on The progenitor lowest ive ever seen them was 35k.

The one thing thats bugging me about the GTN lately, is i'll list items for two days and make a note of what it is and what time due to selling multiple items daily, only to log on a day later to recieve them back with a mesage saying "unsuccessful sale" and my deposit back and me with a look on my face as if to say "but...I listed for TWO days now ONE!" even took screens to prove I listed for two days and forwarded them to customer services and just got the generic reply

If someone is severely undercutting buy them it and re list items at market price if it fluctuates then take advantage. The gtn great for making money. I've done this a few times myself if I noticed crazy undercutting.

In the end every game auction/ player based trading network annoying but that is because of other people. I remember undercutters on ffxi would list **** super low so it sold first since it was an auction based system. I can't tell you how many big ticket items were bought super cheap a few things as low as 1 gil.

When the singles price is lower than the stack price. Seriously, the people who put up stacks, can't you freaking look first and have you never been shopping? When you buy ten of something it's usually cheaper than just buying one. In any case, it's atleast not more expensive. And I would like to buy stacks, on behalf of it being easier than buying 50 singles, but you have to work with me here. Are the higher prices a fee for not having to buy 50 singles, is that your business model? It's not working.

When the singles price is lower than the stack price. Seriously, the people who put up stacks, can't you freaking look first and have you never been shopping? When you buy ten of something it's usually cheaper than just buying one. In any case, it's atleast not more expensive. And I would like to buy stacks, on behalf of it being easier than buying 50 singles, but you have to work with me here. Are the higher prices a fee for not having to buy 50 singles, is that your business model? It's not working.

When I put up stacks I check the price of singles first (as they come up in the search first) and as long as it is over cost than I put a stack up for the same price for each. However, people do check and undercut nothing I can do about that after I post.

If someone is severely undercutting buy them it and re list items at market price if it fluctuates then take advantage. The gtn great for making money. I've done this a few times myself if I noticed crazy undercutting.

My alts w/the ability to craft augments have been buying the supercheap sliced tech parts now. I did try buying a bunch of subelectronic data modules(?) once, then resold them at default prices. Took a long time to sell them all. Making augments is probably a bit more profitable.

It's actually cheaper than having my alts w/slicing run the appropriate missions.

Something I was able to do before on Other games if you are smart and spend a decent amount of time just playing auction houses in mmos can actually be better than crafting but sometimes it takes luck and a ton of time but its nothing I've really ever tried on this game.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Raora

simple, make money with money can also call it working the gtn, made millions this way

I look at the pricing before I list but usually ignore the singles price.

I list in stacks of ten because the splitter is not the best and it is easire to type in a zero and go. Stacks of 8 actually make more sense. In any case, one or two pages of singels is just one or two stacks of ten and should not determine the pricing of an item. They are gone quickly, bought up by a person who would buy just one or two stacks. People can list a number of singles at any price without much impact to them. I look closely at stacks of fives, tens, and twenties before I list, but no not at singels or twos.

I am not sure that I have seen 50 singles listed for a mat, but if I did I would scratch my head and wonder what is going on and wonder why someone or someones took the ungoldly amount of time to do 50 listings while one to five at the same unit price would do. I think that if I did comee accross a situation where there were 50+ single listed at a unit price below what I charge that I would just not list until the singles cleared out.

As a mat seller, I look at the singles as throw away listings and they have no impact at all on my pricing.

EDIT -

Yesterday I went to list an item that I have been selling from almost day one at 13,500 to 14,500 per stack which is cheaper than most. The mat goes quickly at that price. I was surprised that there was less than a page of listings on the gtn of this in demand mat There were, as I remember, in that page four listings at 800 credits. I listed ten stacks at 14,500 and when I log in today will collect the 145,000 (less gtn fee) credits. Do you think for a moment that I would list the stacks for 7,950 (795 a unit) because someone decided ot list four pieces at 800? I did not bother to buy the four singles at 800, but normally would have and relisted at 1,450 each as part of a stack of ten. In a competitive market,, you try to list at what you believe are reasonable prices, but you are listing to sell and make a profit and unless there are tons of them, single prices are meaningless and not indictive of anything.

People dump singles at throw away prices all of the time.

Edited by asbalana

My top 3 GTN annoyances:

1: Players that craft and sell their items for way over the cost of crafting said item

2: looking on the GTN and seeing nothing at all on there

3: Lack of a min and max price system, which forces players to sell items at the real value.

3: Lack of a min and max price system, which forces players to sell items at the real value.

As people say after all of your whine posts, the "real value" of an item is what someone will pay for it. You think the price of something is too high? Don't buy it then. If everyone else feels the same way, then the seller will be forced to lower the price. But most of those times those items do sell, which means you're just too cheap.

The GTN isn't a charity function. There are planetary commendations for that.

Also, why on earth would anyone ever sell an item at cost? It would be much less hassle to just sell the materials if there wasn't a profit involved.

The interface is utterly terrible. It's all been said before, but can it really be that much work to change some interface functions? (Set the price per unit, make stacks automatically...) I don't know, obviously, but it seems like that shouldn't be ao difficult in comparison to other content.

As for the 1c undercutting... I never do that and I most certainly never buy items for 4999c if there's one listed for 5000c. I understand the argument of keeping the prices stable, but... if I'm unwilling to undercut, I post the item at the lowest price already available and simply wait.

As people say after all of your whine posts, the "real value" of an item is what someone will pay for it. You think the price of something is too high? Don't buy it then. If everyone else feels the same way, then the seller will be forced to lower the price. But most of those times those items do sell, which means you're just too cheap.

The GTN isn't a charity function. There are planetary commendations for that.

Also, why on earth would anyone ever sell an item at cost? It would be much less hassle to just sell the materials if there wasn't a profit involved.

sigh, no one ever reads a post.

The prices they are charging for crafted items are FAR over the cost of crafting the items, i am not asking them to sell them for less then what it costs to make the items, thats just stupid, i am asking them to be fair, paying between 10k right up to 25k for something that costs at the most 1200cr to make, i understand it costs quite alot to level up a crafting skill, but to craft a specific item after learning the schematic doesn't cost that much at all, certainly not 10k or even 25k.

Also, i am not whining, i am being honest, you just don't like it, since it probably means you are one of those crafters that spends little and charges insane prices.

sigh, no one ever reads a post.

The prices they are charging for crafted items are FAR over the cost of crafting the items, i am not asking them to sell them for less then what it costs to make the items, thats just stupid, i am asking them to be fair, paying between 10k right up to 25k for something that costs at the most 1200cr to make, i understand it costs quite alot to level up a crafting skill, but to craft a specific item after learning the schematic doesn't cost that much at all, certainly not 10k or even 25k.

Also, i am not whining, i am being honest, you just don't like it, since it probably means you are one of those crafters that spends little and charges insane prices.

it's a free market, if you don't like their prices don't feed them (don't buy it). Most of us that have been here since pre-launch beta have one of each (if not double) with tooons on both factions. I sold Overkill blue ears for snipers this weekend some of them for well over 20x cost one jey bracket was level 38 was selling for 80k each on my server, (was juse the market value I could of just listed for just a little over cost, but than again listing it where I did it sold in mins as it was (did not even finish the FP before I got the notice.