There is no ignorance, there is knowledge

varietasplus

PVP in this game has been great fun from the very beginning.

But as time passed by, there was something poisoning game experience and we seemed to have reached the point where we no longer want to be part of it.

Is it because of:

Lack of new warzones? No.

Premade issue? No.

Noobs? No.

Class inbalance? No.

Useless skill trees? No.

Faction inbalance? No.

Unoptimal exchangable gear? No.

F*cked up crit and alacrity? No.

Lack of matchmaking? No.

Lack of cross-server queues? No.

Endless flaw of bugs? No.

Arena issues? No.

Bolster? No.

Pretty much to deal with, but in the end, it is Star Wars and it is PVP. Too much fun to let go off.

PVP community has been very patient and contributed with great suggestions on how to solve these issues.

And what did we get in return? Ignorance.

Just respond to every issue we address.

We shall wait until you fix those. Just talk to us.

Even if we ask the same questions every week. Copy and paste your response.

Just talk to us. If you do not, you make us feel we mean nothing to you - and that is humiliating.

We do not want to humiliated. We deserve better.

PVP community has great knowledge that could help you improve the game - yet you are not listening making you look arrogant and incompetent.

In the end, your beloved PVE players are not going to have anyone to play PVP with casually for we shall be gone.

Maybe you'd rather we would. So be it. But you should remeber your own Jedi Code:

,,There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

Edited by varietasplus

PVP in this game has been great fun from the very beginning.

But as time passed by, there was something poisoning game experience and we seemed to have reached the point where we no longer want to be part of it.

Is it because of:

Lack of new warzones? No. This one of my main issues with the game in general. Lack of content. Why? Either wrong management or lacking funding or both, but BW will never tell us. BTW, I do not know the validity of that response, but a poster mention that he went to on of the events were SWTOR rep. was attending and asked rep. why does not PvP get content often. The rep. responded, cuz all PvP players need is to kill each other.

Premade issue? No. This an issue of lack of match making system. With current population on servers it is impossible. The only solution is cross server ques, but BW refused to do this, again either due to poor management decisions or lack or resources.I can't stress how significant that would be to improve the PvP experience quality.

Noobs? No. Everyone who subs has the right to access all content, wither they have knowledge and skill to participate in them or not. BW won't come and tell us that, but it can be easily implied.

Class inbalance? No. To give BW some credit, they recently have dabbled in class balance more often than before, but again, they are fixing stuff extremely slowly. The problem, if your favorite class does poorly, and you have to wait a couple of month for a fix, people just leave the game all together.

Useless skill trees? No. Same as above.

Faction inbalance? No.

Unoptimal exchangable gear? No.

F*cked up crit and alacrity? No. Devs did mention these might change. When? Again, the work slower than a turtle when it comes to class balance.

Lack of matchmaking? No. Need cross server ques as populations on all servers can't support match making system.

Lack of cross-server queues? No. Desperately needed to improve PvP quality.

Endless flaw of bugs? No. While there are bugs, but I would not class them endless or game breaking.

Arena issues? No. Devs clearly think this is the best form of PvP. Community clearly disagreed. This is an example of Devs NOT LISTENING to the community, which results in people leaving. I know at least 3-4 PvP guilds that disbanded, because arena became the only form of competitive PvP.

Bolster? No. This is complicated, but short answer is no.

Pretty much to deal with, but in the end, it is Star Wars and it is PVP. Too much fun to let go off.

PVP community has been very patient and contributed with great suggestions on how to solve these issues.

And what did we get in return? Ignorance.

Just respond to every issue we address.

We shall wait until you fix those. Just talk to us.

Even if we ask the same questions every week. Copy and paste your response.

Just talk to us. If you do not, you make us feel we mean nothing to you - and that is humiliating.

We do not want to humiliated. We deserve better.

PVP community has great knowledge that could help you improve the game - yet you are not listening making you look arrogant and incompetent.

In the end, your beloved PVE players are not going to have anyone to play PVP with casually for we shall be gone.

Maybe you'd rather we would. So be it. But you should remeber your own Jedi Code:

,,There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

The devs did respond to some of these issues before. The problem is whoever is the decision maker keeps making wrong decisions all over the place, that fixing them becomes too expensive, thus not possible. To add to the issue, communication regarding any serious matters is non-existent. I responded above regarding some of the items, but needless to say, the game is losing subs, and will be hurt by new completion entering the market next year. If devs do not step their game up, and wither it is wrong decisions or lack of funding, I see we are heading to another server merger due to significant loss of subs.

The devs did respond to some of these issues before. The problem is whoever is the decision maker keeps making wrong decisions all over the place, that fixing them becomes too expensive, thus not possible. To add to the issue, communication regarding any serious matters is non-existent. I responded above regarding some of the items, but needless to say, the game is losing subs, and will be hurt by new completion entering the market next year. If devs do not step their game up, and wither it is wrong decisions or lack of funding, I see we are heading to another server merger due to significant loss of subs.

Look, the sole purpose of that list was to raise awereness how much compromise PVP players have to make every time they queue. It does not matter whether there has been a response to those issues or not for these show up almost every week. It would be so much easier if there were CS posts on these matters ranked on top so that whenever someone experiences any of these issues for the first time, instead of creating a new thread in vain, they would simply find the related response.

It does not matter if Bioware is capable of/willing to offer a solution for a given matter, but it does matter if a statement is available from their part or not. Honestly I could move along with current issues if they admitted that they are incapable of solving a certain issue or prove there is no issue. On the other hand, the lack of response may be read as if they did not give a **** about the PVP community, which would be the most arrogant thing a service provider could do.

Edited by varietasplus

Look, the sole purpose of that list was to raise awereness how much compromise PVP players have to make every time they queue. It does not matter whether there has been a response to those issues or not for these show up almost every week. It would be so much easier if there were CS posts on these matters ranked on top so that whenever someone experiences any of these issues for the first time, instead of creating a new thread in vain, they would simply find the related response.

It does not matter if Bioware is capable of/willing to offer a solution for a given matter, but it does matter if a statement is available from their part or not. Honestly I could move along with current issues if they admitted that they are incapable of solving a certain issue or prove there is no issue. On the other hand, the lack of response may be read as if they did not give a **** about the PVP community, which would be the most arrogant thing a service provider could do.

I like this game a lot I came back few months ago and since than I'm playing a lot but lack of communication from Bioware is very lame and is an issue. Because it exactly shows what you say, they don't care. Even when there was some trouble with server and it went down, I haven't found anything on launcher or twitter. On forums were some topics about it and I had to look hard to find it. I'm not saying its always but thats my experience.

In other games there is usualy thing or two written on launcher if something is messed up, also there is something on twitter. They might be working hard to fix the issue or maybe to balance PvP or whatever else they are working on. But we don't see that. Thats why devs or moderators or whoever from company should tell us what is going on. People will at least know.

On GW 2 forums they usualy wrote some diplomatic answer which didn't tell much (at least in topics I was reading), but still, you had a feeling they go through that, they listen to the playerbase, even if they wouldn't do as that or this topic asks them. At least people know they are here. Damn even on free servers for some games where people didn't get payed and made those servers themselfs and had to work hard in theirs free time to maintain it, they were talking to the players.

EDIT: Even if they would just say "We don't care about PvP at all." We would at least know.

Edited by Azzataky

I took the time and checked the latest 50 pages of PVP for developer response. Unless I overlooked it, I found 4 in total, all were related to bugs or exploits. That being said, we can not say this forum is not read, on the other hand it seems they do not care about the feedback of players regarding the design of PVP.

They left us thinking they either believe they know better or simply aware of the fact they can not fix these issues.

Neither arrogance or incompetence is to be handled with ignorance. We are not *******, if they shared the reason behind certain decisions, we would not harass them by creating the same threads again and again but either learn to live with the system or leave the game.

What is for certain though, the lack of response or any changes to PVP is going to result in players leaving.

I honestly think the future of this game is going to have a great impact on future games and the stake is high:

may a game be profitable on the long run if the developer does not communicate with the players base?

If SWTOR manages to survive with current attitude, we deserve to be treated like this.

I think the main reason is that if they said anything, say "CTF is going to be an arena game mode", players would probably flip out.

They can't respond because anything they say will be hated. The forums are toxic, and this is possibly the most toxic.

I doubt anything they said would generate more hatred than ignorance.