Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Scavenged Scrap from command crates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Scavenged Scrap from command crates

DLdouglas
02.15.2017 , 06:23 AM | #1
what do you do with Scavenged Scrap from command crates? I took them to the jawa in the fleet but he only had pet modifications for sale rather than crafting materials like the description says when hovering over the Scavenged Scrap icon. Also i would need jawa scrap to purchase these pet modifications from him, not Scavenged Scrap. Does anyone know what to do with the Scavenged Scrap from command crates other than just getting credits for them?

SteveTheCynic
02.15.2017 , 08:36 AM | #2
Green, purple, or blue? Green goes to the "Premium" vendor, blue to the "Prototype" vendor, and purple to the "Artifact" vendor.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

dr_mike
02.15.2017 , 11:11 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by DLdouglas View Post
I took them to the jawa in the fleet but he only had pet modifications for sale rather than crafting materials like the description says when hovering over the Scavenged Scrap icon.
You went to the wrong jawa vendor. As soon as you go into the cartel, bear a hard left. They're lined up in a row in one of those containers.

http://dulfy.net/2014/05/10/swtor-ne...cartel-bazaar/

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Green, purple, or blue? Green goes to the "Premium" vendor, blue to the "Prototype" vendor, and purple to the "Artifact" vendor.
When I placed them in my strongholds, I made sure to get them in order from left to right. Hadir, Mnek and then Izzar. That way you don;t have to remember which is which. Green blue and purple.
Who knows what lurks in the minds of those crazy Sith....
1% gets donated to unemployed Jawas living on Hoth

EtaKoshka
02.15.2017 , 01:48 PM | #4
I went to the wrong one, too. Lol
Gigabyte 970A-UD3P - AMD 8320 oc'd 4.0 - 16gb GSkill Ram -
Radeon R9 270x - Samsung Evo 850 250gb SSD - (3) Seagate ST2000

http://www.swtor.com/r/LSpsXx - SWTOR Referral

DLdouglas
02.15.2017 , 03:24 PM | #5
Thanks

phalczen
02.16.2017 , 03:51 AM | #6
I usually disintegrate them, since all the scrap are worth 10 CXP each, stacks of the premiums yield 160 CXP.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Balameb
02.16.2017 , 11:11 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
I usually disintegrate them, since all the scrap are worth 10 CXP each, stacks of the premiums yield 160 CXP.
i also desintagrate the premium and keep the blue and purple (very rarely i get purple).

SteveTheCynic
02.17.2017 , 07:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
i also desintagrate the premium and keep the blue and purple (very rarely i get purple).
Curiously, for me it's the opposite, as I'm trying to rebuild my stock of premium after the last crafting-conquest week. I have 4500+ blue ones and a couple of thousand purples, and only a couple of hundred greens.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

psandak
02.24.2017 , 10:39 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
Curiously, for me it's the opposite, as I'm trying to rebuild my stock of premium after the last crafting-conquest week. I have 4500+ blue ones and a couple of thousand purples, and only a couple of hundred greens.
Exactly.

It depends on your situation. If you have a couple thousand green, then it pays to disintegrate. If you do not have a healthy stock of green then take them and save them.

Personally, my general policy - that has developed fluidly over time - is that if I am going to claim something else from a command crate I also claim the green jawa scrap. I never claim blue and I always claim purple.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

UriasFenris
07.07.2017 , 01:23 AM | #10
It goes without saying that the green scavenged scrap and the blue one can be traded for the items needed to gain influence with the Doctor Lokin in on Alderaan for the alliance alert. Aside form the command packs, where else can I get the green, blue and purple scrap metal?