Sage Animations and sound effects

Neaty

Hi just want to gather opinions from other sage players about the animations of our class also sound effects and whst could be changed or improved, I feel sound effects specifically are all to similar, disturbance in telekinetics tree had a cool sound effect but not usable at max level unless in balance tree.

I really can't speak to the other specs for Sage (or Sorc) as I pretty much only play Telekinetic (my main) and Lightning (my alt-main).

For TK Sage, I would like to see some variation in sound effects between TK Burst, TK Wave, Turbulence, and TK Gust. They all either use the exact same sound effect or something so similar it's pretty much indistinguishable. Visually, TK Wave looks like a bigger version of TK Gust, and, although slightly different, Turbulence is similarly a bigger version of TK Burst. I loaded up a baby Sage so I could look at Disturbance. The effects are definitely different from the others. Visually the look is a little similar to Turbulence; Disturbance is more compact and a different colour. They could add some variation to the visuals. To me at least, they look dissimilar enough that I can usually tell them apart visually when they're fired one at a time, but during a rotation they do tend to bleed together. The sound effects definitely need some variety. Maybe, put the sound effect for Disturbance onto TK Burst and make the visual a little different. Keep the colour but make the projectile a little bigger to signify the increased power. TK Wave could be made to look more like a wave of telekinetic energy, which would definitely differentiate it from the others. Just doing that, making TK Burst look like a more powerful Disturbance with the same sound and making TK Wave look more wave like, would be a big improvement in variability.

TBH, I think it's Lightning Sorc that really needs some work. While TK Sage's main abilities all sound the same and look very similar at least there is some variability with Forcequake, Project, and TK Throw. Lit Sorc is all lightning, lightning, lightning, fast lightning, slow lightning, long lightning, slow lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning with a single energy ball in there somewhere. And the abilities all sound so similar that there's basically no difference. Especially when you're running through your rotation it just becomes one continuous thunder crack.

Edited by ceryxp

TBH, I think it's Lightning Sorc that really needs some work. While TK Sage's main abilities all sound the same and look very similar at least there is some variability with Forcequake, Project, and TK Throw. Lit Sorc is all lightning, lightning, lightning, fast lightning, slow lightning, long lightning, slow lightning, lightning, lightning, lightning with a single energy ball in there somewhere. And the abilities all sound so similar that there's basically no difference. Especially when you're running through your rotation it just becomes one continuous thunder crack.

For me it's what makes it fun. I play Lightning because that's what I want to do, to shoot lightning at my enemies. And as you said, there is slow lightning, fast lightning, lightning from above, lightning from your hands, lightning from a portal of sorts... It's amazing. If they make a new animation for Lightning in 6.0, I just want it to be another fancy lightning skill. :D

• 3 weeks later...

first i'm playing corruption/seer most times i log on one of my sorcs/sages.

but as a passive viewer on another class i actually like the animations of both sides.(for 8+ raiding/pvp sages are better for your overall fps :D )

but after 5.10 i'm amazed by the new malgus aoe damage animation. i think this would be nice looking for a new deathfield (and jedi pendant) for sorcs/sins/shadows/sages