Broken Lightsaber Sounds in Cutscenes

BenKatarn

This is something that has been going on for months now, with no fix or even an acknowledgement in sight.

A lot of times Lightsabers will not make activation / deactivation sounds during cutscenes. They will make sounds when swung around, but the "snap-hiss" or being turned on or off is just not coming most of the time. There are so many examples of this happening in the game that it would likely make more sense to list the exceptions instead.

Can you please finally do something about this?

• 1 month later...
I submitted a ticket some months ago. As you can see, it doesn't seem like a priority fix for them. Makes one think what they actually consider a "priority fix", since there are still so many bugs left since Launch and thinks that broke along the way...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking through some of my older recordings of the game, I think I can sort of replicate how and when the sound of a weapon is triggered or not.

Apparently, there are two settings for weapon sounds during a cutscene: A) the weapon's actual sound is used (Lightsaber on/off, blaster being fired) or B) a predetermined sound is used, as in a generic lightsaber sound or blaster bolt being fired that does not sound the same as when the weapon is used during actual gameplay combat.

From what I can tell, variant A) is the one that is normally broken. I have old recordings of my Sith Warrior (from around 2012) where, during a few occacions, the original sound of the lightsaber and the predetermined sound are being used on top / right after one another.

That leads me to believe that somewhere along the way, it was tried to fix the double sounds of weapons, but this resulted in weapons making no sounds whatsover during cutscenes where the weapon sound that is supposed to be heard was to come directly from the weapon's actual sound file.