Wind Crystal?

Zones

I've been farily lucky i guess, as I've been able to find several of the purple quality gemstones with treasure hunting, but I *always* have at least 1 companion, if not 2 out on treasure hunting missions. Check the GTN on your server for them, I've been selling them like hotcakes!

Funny enough, I've got 5 of these crystals between Archeology (125) & Treasure Hunting (202). Though my Artifice is only 80 or so, so I haven't needed them yet, I just banked them. I assume these are for high level item crafting?

On an unrelated side note; which craft skill is best for making implants? I've heard that both Cybertech & Biotech have them.

When you reverse engineer a green recipe item, you MAY get a blue recipe, which needs fire node. When you reverse engineer a blue recipe item you MAY get a purple recipe that requires wind crystals to make. Blue is better than green and has the same level requirement. Purple is even better with same level requirements. I am still doing low level crafting (level 83 Arifice) so there is most likely more higher tiers that require other special items to craft blue and purple items.

• 2 weeks later...

The purple, rare gems used for creating artifact level Artificing gear appear to only come from companions that have a +Crit in Treasure Hunting.

I can not prove this, but in maxing my Artificing skill, I NEVER got a artifact gem mat from any companion other than Kira and Vette. Not even once in uncountable missions on the way to 400. Kira seemed to get them on a rare occasion.

Also, since Sith Warriors get a +5 Crit and Jedi Knights only get a +1 Crit, it seems that Sith Warriors might have a significant advantage.

Again, this is only my personal experience, so it can't be taken as proof.

For the people who get wind crystals more often... You are likely using companions with a higher treasure hunting critical rate, like Vette +5 crit. I've found more wind crystals that I knew what to do with using her. In opposition, when I'm playing as a jedi and trying to find wind crystals, none of my companions seem to come back with any. The theory is roughly proven, as I have gone back to Vette and keep bringing them in. Hope this helps, if you have crappy companions, you receive crap.

Good luck out there.

Use Mission Discoveries. Get a lvl 110 Treasure Hunting mission schematic from the Market, then run it. Provided the mission is not a total failure (which happens very rarely), you WILL get a few purples, usually 2 to 4. So far, that holds true for every mission skill I used.

• 1 month later...