SWG II in the works? Find out on May 31!

Miyuki

Just found an article from SpikeTV that Lucasarts has something in development:

Spike TV will exclusively announce the newest game in the Star Wars universe, which debits at E3 2012. A tease will be shown first on May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of GTTV, followed by the live, world gameplay premiere during E3 All Access Live on June 4 at 10.00pm EDT/7.00pm PDT.

Original link here: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/spike-tv-to-reveal-lucasarts-new-star-wars-game-live-from-e3-2012/

Can we dare to hope? Player cities, Creature Handlers and TK Artists making a return? We'll know soon enough!

I have also heard that the release is set at the same time as the expiry of TOR's license for SW - same deal that happened with SWG when TOR was about to launch.

I can tell you that a LOT of my old Ahazi server crew currently on TOR are waiting in anticipation for May 31 =)

Edited by Miyuki

Just found an article from SpikeTV that Lucasarts has something in development:

Spike TV will exclusively announce the newest game in the Star Wars universe, which debits at E3 2012. A tease will be shown first on May 31, as a part of the pre-E3 episode of GTTV, followed by the live, world gameplay premiere during E3 All Access Live on June 4 at 10.00pm EDT/7.00pm PDT.

Original link here: http://www.vg247.com/2012/05/25/spike-tv-to-reveal-lucasarts-new-star-wars-game-live-from-e3-2012/

Can we dare to hope? Player cities, Creature Handlers and TK Artists making a return? We'll know soon enough!

I have also heard that the release is set at the same time as the expiry of TOR's license for SW - same deal that happened with SWG when TOR was about to launch.

I can tell you that a LOT of my old Ahazi server crew currently on TOR are waiting in anticipation for May 31 =)

first, there's a bigger thread second... no you can't(while it is supposedly more open world via lucasarts job postings suggestion. it's a console mmo that is an entirely new franchise.[as devised by the whole, E3 panel listing?])

http://www.spike.com/press/2012/05/25/spike-tv-launches-into-hyperspace-with-the-world-premire-of-the-next-big-star-wars-game-franchise/

as much as id love to have swg 2 (and i would **** my pants if they announced it) i seriously doubt theyd make another one. were gonna have to stick with the other options available that i cannot mention on these boards cause i had a post deleted yesterday for just mentioning it. ill give you a hint though, it starts with an s, ends with a u and has 6 letters

Cool link.

We'll see what they have in store. if it's console MMORPG, it'll immediately turn off their biggest fanbase.

E3 has one project listed for lucasarts on their site, on the xbox, PS3, and Wii U. their listed under MMO

as someone in the bigger thread pointed out

http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?Show_ID=E312

go to search exhibitors, products look up MMo, and search major consoles. While Lucasarts name shows up, for xbox, wii, PS3 it doesnt for PC

edit:an action game is listed as well.

Edited by Saseav

as much as id love to have swg 2 (and i would **** my pants if they announced it) i seriously doubt theyd make another one. were gonna have to stick with the other options available that i cannot mention on these boards cause i had a post deleted yesterday for just mentioning it. ill give you a hint though, it starts with an s, ends with a u and has 6 letters

the emus are a good idea, but didnt really come together in the end. shame really.

I suspect that the announcement will be something other than a Star Wars MMO, for two reasons - first, SWG was closed down on the day SWTOR went live for the people who bought the game early (15th December), which makes me think that SOE and now EA/Bioware had an exclusive licence for the Star Wars name in MMORPG terms.

Second, there are lots of other Star Wars options or other franchises that Lucasarts could be working on. Diluting the attention that SWTOR gets by announcing another SW MMO would be counter-productive for Lucasarts at this point.

Also, Lucasarts and EA have booths side-by-side at E3, I can just imagine the atmosphere there if Lucasarts were going to announce they were in bed with another publisher producing a direct rival to the title EA/Bioware have been working on for so long and only recently released :)

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

I suspect that the announcement will be something other than a Star Wars MMO, for two reasons - first, SWG was closed down on the day SWTOR went live for the people who bought the game early (15th December), which makes me think that SOE and now EA/Bioware had an exclusive licence for the Star Wars name in MMORPG terms.

Second, there are lots of other Star Wars options or other franchises that Lucasarts could be working on. Diluting the attention that SWTOR gets by announcing another SW MMO would be counter-productive for Lucasarts at this point.

Also, Lucasarts and EA have booths side-by-side at E3, I can just imagine the atmosphere there if Lucasarts were going to announce they were in bed with another publisher producing a direct rival to the title EA/Bioware have been working on for so long and only recently released :)

could be an internal project.

Given that EA has stated TOR is not one of their top priority games, it wouldn't surprise me if Lucasarts planned something regardless. I'm not saying it is an SWG2, but rather an MMO in the general sense (No way to know until the reveal). Doing so would work out in LA's favor overall any way. They get to profit off of TOR AND their internal project. In the end, money matters. All else is secondary.

If EA tries to bark, remember that Lucasarts also holds all the cards and can, through strong-arming and underhanded tactics, cripple TOR by refusing to approve any further development to the game unless EA backs off.

Edited by Bluerodian

Dear OP,

"NEW frachise"

That is all.

As far as I understand things, a franchise is a sliced potato that has been cooked in boiling grease and drowned in ketchup.

So basically all we know about SWG2 so far is that it has a new food recipe involving Corellean tubers. Probably for buffing your action bar? It's anybody's guess, really.

As far as I understand things, a franchise is a sliced potato that has been cooked in boiling grease and drowned in ketchup.

So basically all we know about SWG2 so far is that it has a new food recipe involving Corellean tubers. Probably for buffing your action bar? It's anybody's guess, really.

Now you need to determine what the word "New" means.