Did we get nerfed?

Daylooin

The title says it all, did Vanguards get nerfed? My DPS Vanguard is getting destroyed in PvP, even though he has fully augmented EWH. He is lvl 55 too, so its not pre-55 WZs I'm talking about. Edited by Daylooin

Yup, we have had our burst taken away from us while every otehr class now has insane burst the devs took away the one thing that made us great and that was our great burst dps... your vg is now useless and has no place in even reg wzs anymore.. sorry to say that but its true.. Its GG for vgs really hope BW fixs this stupid ****.. if not guess its time to move mains and be a OP shaow or smasher monkey.. Or we could all roll commandos and kill people in 2 gcds cause thats pure balance.

Even if I've never played a VG/PT, I hate the nerf you guy received. imo a SMALL nerf was needed to your burst if, and only if you could get a survivability buff to balance it. Your best defensive tool was killing the ennemy quickly, now you have nothing. No burst and same survivability.

I'm not saying you are not viable, in fact I cant judge it.

Even if I've never played a VG/PT, I hate the nerf you guy received. imo a SMALL nerf was needed to your burst if, and only if you could get a survivability buff to balance it. Your best defensive tool was killing the ennemy quickly, now you have nothing. No burst and same survivability.

I'm not saying you are not viable, in fact I cant judge it.

Maybe back in 1.9 a small nerf was needed but now every *********** class in this game has insane burst and we have none.. pointless commandos can kill someone in 3 *********** gcds... and now we cant kill anyone good way to kill a class bw

Welcome to MMO's... all classes get buffed and nerfed at some stage or another, my advice is keep playing it, you'll be forced to improve and improvise , then when you get buffed again all will be right with the world, unless you just want to be OP in that case roll the FOTM...

I played my 47 PT yesterday and was still competing for top DPS spot. I also wasn't running around spamming DoTs before anyone says, it was huttball and I was playing objectively (2 scores aswell).

It just feels like a nerf because classes like Sorc/Sniper/Merc (all played a lot) can do their burst from a distance, and you'll often lose a ton of health, if not all before you even get to them. Though, if you get close to them, you should still be able to kill them. I kept dying to a PT on my Sorc yesterday, that slow tied to CGC is so annoying when you're at the other end of it >_<

Edited by WaldoA

I played my 47 PT yesterday and was still competing for top DPS spot. I also wasn't running around spamming DoTs before anyone says, it was huttball and I was playing objectively (2 scores aswell).

It just feels like a nerf because classes like Sorc/Sniper/Merc (all played a lot) can do their burst from a distance, and you'll often lose a ton of health, if not all before you even get to them. Though, if you get close to them, you should still be able to kill them. I kept dying to a PT on my Sorc yesterday, that slow tied to CGC is so annoying when you're at the other end of it >_<

Its not even that fact that we get killed before we get close to rangeds dps its simple.. our burst doesn't match with a slingers or a mandos, our AP nerf and our ammo cell nerf pretty much cut us in half.. gg

*ranged dps that can kill in 3 gcds mind you.... More burst than we ever had yet we got the nerf bioware at its best.

Welcome to Bioware policy of ruining the game. Pvp is screwed I havent bothered logging in as of late because of its issues why waste my time when i can be enjoying it playing or doing something else. And i really liked this game, They are catering to *******.

Welcome to Bioware policy of ruining the game. Pvp is screwed I havent bothered logging in as of late because of its issues why waste my time when i can be enjoying it playing or doing something else. And i really liked this game, They are catering to *******.

Wonder if a dev will ever see some of our qq here on the forums and do somthing about our class... who the **** am i kidding lol

Aaawww!! Here have a bearhug! :o. When you were killing me in 3s in ranked wz no matter the gear (dps gear or tank gear), you were balanced :rolleyes:. So enjoy being nerfed just like most classes have been. Year of the vanguard is gone, tis year of the sniper.

Aaawww!! Here have a bearhug! :o. When you were killing me in 3s in ranked wz no matter the gear (dps gear or tank gear), you were balanced :rolleyes:. So enjoy being nerfed just like most classes have been. Year of the vanguard is gone, tis year of the sniper.

If you were getting killed in 3s with tank gear, then you need to l2p. Oh and snipers always had the superior long-range damage AND better survivability than vanguards even before 2.0.

Maybe, just maybe, we could get to 55 first and get the new gear and THEN see how we compare versus other classes? People are jumping the gun too quickly IMO.

I dont believe it! Small, almost unnoticable - but here it is. A voice of reason in a neverending whine/troll VG/PT thread(s).

Some people told me it might happen, yet i wasnt really convinced until now.

Thank you alot kind sir, you did brighten my day!