no more black hole comms in story EC?

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The said increase on HM, but nothing about removing from SM.

•Chests in Explosive Conflict no longer contain Black Hole Commendations. They now have increased amounts of credits and crafting materials.

•Bosses in Hard Mode Explosive Conflict now drop 5 Black Hole Commendations each.

Edited by dscount

I suspect something is hosed. They can't remove all BH Comm's without a mention of it even in patch notes. They had been pretty clear about removed from Chests in EC and increase to Bosses.

I'd log a ticket with the instance owners name and all the players included. Seems VERY Strange this is happening.

Yeah, this was a rather disheartening change.

My guildies and I have just been gearing up our characters so that we could get to EC and TFB, and had only been able to run through EC twice so far, and now this. How are we supposed to get the gear that lets us run Hard Mode if even the Black Hole comms have been removed?

Don't you just get them at the end of the op now?

That kind of defeats purpose of comms. They are supposed to be small reward, even if boss didn't drop any loot for you, you still get comms and somehow can progress with your gear. Removal of comms from bosses means that unless you got your drops or done whole Ops(something pugs tend to have issues with, by their very nature), you get absolutely nothing from it, except wasted time and lockout(it's rather hard to find new group to kill only last 2 bosses)

TFB SM bosses also currently don't drop comms.

If I remember correctly, and I don't have a source quote sorry, I heard somewhere that all storymodes in any raid from now on is only dropping Rakata level gear and comms. Something about keeping the storymode of all raids at a certain difficulty so all players can pug/run them and see the content.

Yes. Just ran part of TFB with server mates. no BH comms. Now that BH gear is 350 per piece (not sure if anyone noticed that) I figured there would be an increase in BH comms. as it stands right now, most of us will be getting one piece every month or so. its pretty disgusting really.

I figured the balance would be that we would get more BH Comms from the Ops runs....but were getting none.

Ironically, the new OP (TFB) is dropping a TON of gold. we got just past second boss and most of us had averaged 100k for that one sole run. 100k credits...and zero BH comms. zeeeeerrrrro

I hope this is a bug, because prices are stupid high right now. I don't know if Bio realizes this, but people will stop running the Ops. yeah, the story is great....the first time. Do you honestly think people are going to run it any more when there's no reward? why do that when i can just run one HM daily and get more BH comms then i get an entire run. this is beyond silly. im /buggin it.

EC SM has been nerfed, now it requires columi level and drops rakata, rakata are below BH/capaign so it is reasonable to think that it souldn't drop BH thingys (same for KP NiM), but they should write it clearly in the patch notes!

Yes. Just ran part of TFB with server mates. no BH comms. Now that BH gear is 350 per piece (not sure if anyone noticed that) I figured there would be an increase in BH comms. as it stands right now, most of us will be getting one piece every month or so. its pretty disgusting really.

I figured the balance would be that we would get more BH Comms from the Ops runs....but were getting none.

Ironically, the new OP (TFB) is dropping a TON of gold. we got just past second boss and most of us had averaged 100k for that one sole run. 100k credits...and zero BH comms. zeeeeerrrrro

I hope this is a bug, because prices are stupid high right now. I don't know if Bio realizes this, but people will stop running the Ops. yeah, the story is great....the first time. Do you honestly think people are going to run it any more when there's no reward? why do that when i can just run one HM daily and get more BH comms then i get an entire run. this is beyond silly. im /buggin it.

It has to be a bug. It really does not make sence! And if it is not a bug. what where u thinking bioware???

Posted on customer service forum:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=537351

From patch notes:

------------------

- Chests in Explosive Conflict no longer contain Black Hole Commendations. They now have increased amounts of credits and crafting materials.

- Bosses in Hard Mode Explosive Conflict now drop 5 Black Hole Commendations each.

------------------

There is no notice of modification in BH comms bosses drops regarding EC SM but, as you can see in this thread they are not dropping any BH commendation so EC SM went down from 2 BH from each boss (4) and 4 from each chest (3) (total: 20 BH comms) to 0 BH comms also KP NiM is not dropping BH comms anymore.

Is this an intended change missing in patch notes (and in that case please add this notice) or a bug?

So why exactly do you need BH comms if you are running story mode? If you have rakata gear. Jump into hard mode, get yourself some blackhole comms and campaign gear.

If you do not do the hard content why do you need the best gear?

Not all of us have full rakata. and besides it is not about that we have to do hardmode to get gear it is about they removed it without saying.

Probably not a bug. Was reported several times on PTS.

If Im not mistaken it's attempting to keep Storymode nice and casual but in return also keeping the rewards light. It's also likely to make sure people keep using the Group Finder to farm BH comms as well as making sure nobody can gather BH comms too quickly. No proof to support this, just an educated guess.

Probably not a bug. Was reported several times on PTS.

Just because something was reported several times on PTS and ignored doesn't mean it's not bug, sad but true(unless for example consuming already known schematics before displaying error message is intended).

If Im not mistaken it's attempting to keep Storymode nice and casual but in return also keeping the rewards light. It's also likely to make sure people keep using the Group Finder to farm BH comms as well as making sure nobody can gather BH comms too quickly. No proof to support this, just an educated guess.

But you know, it means if all you want is a stroll, you're better off doing EV/KP from group finder than new content. Gearing after Rakata? Also EV/KP from finder. Currently they shifted comms gearing for Ops(assuming your group needs some BH to progress trough HM EC/TFB) from ops content to solo group finder. You want some BH? then better not do 'harder' EC/TFB SM, but use group finder and do EV/KP of random FP. This does not slow down gearing, it just makes it more boring.

Also, EV/KP (most likely, honestly haven't ran them since patch) still will drop Columi comms. Then why EC/TFB won't drop any of those? Comms were 'invented' as consolation prize if you did not get any good loot, removing them entirely is just stupid.

Is Rakata enough for EC HM?

Yes, its more than enough. We have run Columi equiped full groups of alts fresh from hardmode flashpoint runs in and walked out fine.

The stat value between columi / rakata isnt a massive DPS or HPS or Aviodence / Hp / Mitigation and its not much higher going Rakata to BH/Campaign. I think when running mox dps parser i went from about 1300ish in non optimised gear without being fully augmented -> 1600ish in optimised gear with augments.

Yes, its more than enough. We have run Columi equiped full groups of alts fresh from hardmode flashpoint runs in and walked out fine.

The stat value between columi / rakata isnt a massive DPS or HPS or Aviodence / Hp / Mitigation and its not much higher going Rakata to BH/Campaign. I think when running mox dps parser i went from about 1300ish in non optimised gear without being fully augmented -> 1600ish in optimised gear with augments.

Sorry. I have a hard time believing you completed HM EC in a full Columi geared group.