Another Returning Player Questions

NightHawke

So I have decided to give SWTOR more money and another go.

I have all the class stories completed for the Republic, and with it, all class buffs. I haven't completed everything of course... I have also completed the Assassin story. The last 3 classes I have around level 27-40. The issue is, I am so frickin lost I have no idea what I am doing. I logged in some characters and it turns out, I have millions. But what I used to have for gear has to be wrong. Plus it looks like my plan to sell that Revan mask is destroyed with how the Cartel Market is structured.

So, with that, I would like to try to relearn the game again from the beginning. Bounty Hunter and Juggernaut have me feeling good (already have a level 37 Juggernaut and a Level 27 Powertech). If I went BH, I was thinking about Merc, but I have never been much of a healer, if I wanted to branch to roles other than DPS. And using a Force sensitive with the new expansions if I decide to continue the playthrough makes sense, no?

Anyhow, what I am looking for is some insight on which class would have a better feel on a new playthrough (been many years). Thank you all in advance.

Also, which crafting profession to focus on nowadays for end game mods? I am sure I have some character maxed out somewhere. But knowing would be nice.

So I have decided to give SWTOR more money and another go.

Welcome back!

I have all the class stories completed for the Republic, and with it, all class buffs. I haven't completed everything of course... I have also completed the Assassin story. The last 3 classes I have around level 27-40. The issue is, I am so frickin lost I have no idea what I am doing. I logged in some characters and it turns out, I have millions. But what I used to have for gear has to be wrong. Plus it looks like my plan to sell that Revan mask is destroyed with how the Cartel Market is structured.

For running through the rest of the class stories, the gear you have on those characters will be fine. You'll get more up-to-level gear as you go along. Key point: killed enemies drop gear at *your* level, roughly, not at *theirs*.

And using a Force sensitive with the new expansions if I decide to continue the playthrough makes sense, no?

It's a mixed bag. Some parts make no difference, some make more sense for a gun class, and some are better for Force Users. Some stuff got cut from Knights of the Fallen Empire that would have let one chapter in particular make more sense for gun classes than it does, and a *lot* was cut from Knights of the Eternal Throne, which results in the whole story making less sense than it should for *everyone*.

Jedi Under Siege ("Ossus") is fairly neutral, as is Onslaught, but what's being set up to follow them looks like it will not match gun classes as well as I'd like.

Anyhow, what I am looking for is some insight on which class would have a better feel on a new playthrough (been many years). Thank you all in advance.

It's strongly dependent on what kind of gameplay you like and what kind of story you like for the class stories. The post-class-story stories are, as suggested above, at least somewhat balanced between gun and Force classes (moreso than many people claim).

Also, which crafting profession to focus on nowadays for end game mods? I am sure I have some character maxed out somewhere. But knowing would be nice.

End-game crafting is in a *very* bad place right now(1), and you *surely* don't have a maxed-out character, since the max is now 700(2). (But: no matter how bad a place it's in *now*, it was *worse* when 6.0 launched.)

(1) You need blue exotics that drop only from Master Mode FPs and all modes of Ops to make basic min-rating green 268 requires-75 trash gear, for example. And slicing materials on all craft skills. (End-game ratings are 268 to 306...)

(2) Rise of the Hutt Cartel (2.0) raised it from 400 to 450, then Shadow of Revan (3.0) to 500, then Knights of the Fallen Empire (4.0, Oct 2015) to 550, then Knights of the Eternal Throne (5.0, Nov 2016) to 600.