High Impact Bolt questions

Xombies

1. Pretty sure they're additive.

2. Yes, any DOT will do (I assume you're talking about the talent in the Shield Spec tree that adds a DOT to Stockstrike's Ion Cell procs?). However, I'm not sure if Ion Cell counts as a "burning target" for High Friction Bolts.

Edited by fatduck

1. Pretty sure they're additive.

2. Yes, any DOT will do (I assume you're talking about the talent in the Shield Spec tree that adds a DOT to Stockstrike's Ion Cell procs?). However, I'm not sure if Ion Cell counts as a "burning target" for High Friction Bolts.

Thanks fatduck. Yes, I was thinking specifically about Ion Overload when I asked that question. That combined with Supercharged Ion Gas seems to make Gut less important for HIB builds since the duration on the Ion Cell shock would match the cooldown on stock strike.

I didn't think the Ion Cell's shock would work for High Friction Bolts either. I would probably use Incendiary Round or something like that to work with HFB.

Ion Cell's trigger by itself is not a DoT so no on #2

There is a talent that makes Ion Cell do "+ X damage over 6 seconds," which I think would count as a DOT if talented. Untalented though, the base Ion Cell proc is just a straight add +600 or so energy damage (15% chance).

Edited by Heezdedjim