Am I doing something wrong?

loupargent

So I duo'd the Esseles yesterday with my guild leader. I was a level 11 Vanguard, he was a level 10 jedi Sentinel. Yet despite me being specced as a tank, I was taking hits like a little girl, and he was tanking most of the elite droids without so much of a sweat.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that I should be doing? Or should I not worry for now, until I get more tanking abilities?

Do not worry about it for now. You will get your threat modifier (ion cell) at 14 and your taunt at 16. Esselles has been designed for DPS only anyway. At that level, DPS always steals aggro. In my case, what I did for boss fights was to have the Jedi Droid tank bosses (he has great aggro and tough as well) and I would just DPS. That way if the droid tank dies, you still have 3 members to finish off the boss instead of 2 (if a player dies, companion de-spawns).

My 2 credits.

Edited by kistran

Do not worry about it for now. You will get your threat modifier (ion cell) at 14 and your taunt at 16. Esselles has been designed for DPS only anyway. At that level, DPS always steals aggro. In my case, what I did for boss fights was to have the Jedi Droid tank bosses (he has great aggro and tough as well) and I would just DPS. That way if the droid tank dies, you still have 3 members to finish off the boss instead of 2 (if a player dies, companion de-spawns).

My 2 credits.

Level 14? Awesome, that should make it much easier for later flashpoints. And I guess talents will help me soak up hits later on too.