Class limitation suggestion

OpeningToEndgame

Op my guess is you have not been pvping for very long, or you are new to mmos. Thy can not limit classes without DRASTICALLY increasing the wait times for wzs. Point two pvp is not pve. This means you can not line up your ducks in a row and count on victory. Nor can you calculate whos going to win or whose going to loose until the end of the match. This is pvp. This is also why many people complain about pvp more then pve, because people expect to go straight up the middle, and kill everyone on the other side. Instead what happens is the other players from the other team and up wiping the noob off the face of the planet.

As for smash give me a break. Ive pvped enough on my commando to tell you that smash is the least of my worries in the level 50 bracket. Now running into a stealth operative or powertech with fire, that is at the top of my mind to avoid. Oh and mercs too. Those rockets still hit like a tone of bricks. Ironic everyone used merc rockets as a reason to nerf grav round. Now that grav round has been nerfed the imps have free reign with rockets lol.

This would significantly increase the queue times for all warzones.

Additionally, I'm not sure it'd make sense to put the restriction on the general class, rather than the Advanced Class. You're suggesting my team is allowed 2 Smugglers - so, because the team has two gunslingers we're not allowed a Scoundrel healer? Or because we have a Sage healer we can't have a Shadow tank? They're totally different roles are they not?

Finally, Smashers are a special case which I think most people are aware of. But having five healers isn't necessarily an advantage. Sure, it's hard for the opposition to kill anything but if they manage to cap mid first (in Novare Coast) it can be very difficult to get it back as you struggle to kill anything. If I play as a my healer and I see 4 other healers in a warzone I tend to assume we'll lose unless the other 3 players have superb dps or our enemy is rubbish.

Op my guess is you have not been pvping for very long, or you are new to mmos. Thy can not limit classes without DRASTICALLY increasing the wait times for wzs. Point two pvp is not pve. This means you can not line up your ducks in a row and count on victory. Nor can you calculate whos going to win or whose going to loose until the end of the match. This is pvp. This is also why many people complain about pvp more then pve, because people expect to go straight up the middle, and kill everyone on the other side. Instead what happens is the other players from the other team and up wiping the noob off the face of the planet.

As for smash give me a break. Ive pvped enough on my commando to tell you that smash is the least of my worries in the level 50 bracket. Now running into a stealth operative or powertech with fire, that is at the top of my mind to avoid. Oh and mercs too. Those rockets still hit like a tone of bricks. Ironic everyone used merc rockets as a reason to nerf grav round. Now that grav round has been nerfed the imps have free reign with rockets lol.

You probably have the best response I've seen in any thread about nerfing smash or about pvp in general. In all honesty the ones who complain are the under geared new to pvp players or those who have not spent time ripping and modding gear. You can't just get full ewh gear an expect to go out and beast it up. You have to learn how to pvp,strategy/tactics and all, and also learn how to get the most out of your gear. Hell..one of the top 5 biggest hits on my server was 10k single big hit from a merc. lol. I've seen plenty of snipers hit for 9k on someone. Granted those who were hit were most likely PVE geared players. But to the haters..go ahead and nerf focus spec, I have still done over 700k in dmg on Vigi spec for guardian so I am not worried at all.

You probably have the best response I've seen in any thread about nerfing smash or about pvp in general. In all honesty the ones who complain are the under geared new to pvp players or those who have not spent time ripping and modding gear.

Full WH and EWH with mods ripped and moved around. I still dont like getting hit for 30-40% life in 1 sec. Combine that with 2 monkies jumping to you... well 1 sec death. I should at least last 1.5 sec with the ability to do 1gcd

They need to just not have smash insta crit and change the bubble to fill more resolve

Edited by Kegparty

I'm pretty sure resolve is still broken right?. And as for smash, I'm fully power modded to the max, and I still have to wait a minute for stasis to cool down, yes you can stack two with combat focus(which is a minute cd too) and use zealous leap for your crit. but without 4 stacks of singularity I wont be doing near as much dmg as I could on someone. With 2 stacks you might get hit for 5k at max. Honestly bubble stun is a pain in that ***, and I am a melee, so I get to feel it used against me. But honestly it can be used both ways.That is what getting a group together is for.

You can interrupt a smasher very easily so they wont be able to get a crit on you. A smasher uses their crit after force choke or stasis, (and followed by a force push if they are a guardian or jugg.) You don't always have an int so I understand that. I'm full ewh and was hit by a sniper for 7600 the other day lol. It really comes down to the teams you go against and their skill,tactics and all. .My server has some of the highest records in the game. a lot with top 5 anyways, and we also have one who smoked the games dps record..So I feel the pain daily.

I'm pretty sure resolve is still broken right?. And as for smash, I'm fully power modded to the max, and I still have to wait a minute for stasis to cool down, yes you can stack two with combat focus(which is a minute cd too) and use zealous leap for your crit. but without 4 stacks of singularity I wont be doing near as much dmg as I could on someone. With 2 stacks you might get hit for 5k at max. Honestly bubble stun is a pain in that ***, and I am a melee, so I get to feel it used against me. But honestly it can be used both ways.That is what getting a group together is for.

Oh you focus/rage users! It's like you pretend to not know your class. You got force exhaustion/crush on 18 seconds cooldown which grants you singularity too.

You can interrupt a smasher very easily so they wont be able to get a crit on you. A smasher uses their crit after force choke or stasis, (and followed by a force push if they are a guardian or jugg.) You don't always have an int so I understand that. I'm full ewh and was hit by a sniper for 7600 the other day lol. It really comes down to the teams you go against and their skill,tactics and all. .My server has some of the highest records in the game. a lot with top 5 anyways, and we also have one who smoked the games dps record..So I feel the pain daily.

Most good smashers save their choke or statis for strategic purposes like another interrupt into smash.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

What the guy above me said. Funny when i play smash, i never run out of ways to stack singularity, maybe thats just me.... also "with 2 stacks you might get hit for 5k" LOL some classes never even hit 5k :)

well, I played Vigilance spec the last 6 wzs and I still hit 6k with Blade storm, so go ahead and nerf focus. lol A lot of classes geared for dps have been over 5k. Vangaurd,sniper, merc, bh. So it's not just a smasher my friend. Some of the server records have mercs in the top 5 for big hits. I am a guardian not sent btw. So you might have more ways to stack singularity than i do? not sure about smash sents.. Edited by Yamahara

I am a guardian not sent btw. So you might have more ways to stack singularity than i do? not sure about smash sents..

You realize you're making yourself look really bad?

Sents and guardians focus works identically and has identical ways to gain singularity. Look at the singularity talent and highest talent in your focus tree.

Sents and guardians focus works identically and has identical ways to gain singularity. Look at the singularity talent and highest talent in your focus tree.

I was asking because I wasn't sure how the tree for sents are. I assumed the same but It doesn't hurt to ask. my bad. I didn't see your first post. It's funny I was vigilance well before I even came to focus. It wouldn't bug me if they made force exhaustion have a minute cool down along with stasis and combat focus

Edited by Yamahara

I was asking because I wasn't sure how the tree for sents are. I assumed the same but It doesn't hurt to ask. my bad. I didn't see your first post. It's funny I was vigilance well before I even came to focus. It wouldn't bug me if they made force exhaustion have a minute cool down along with stasis and combat focus

Of course it wouldn't bother you, because smashers don't need to include crit rating in their gear itemization like every other class does. As Vig guardian, I need crit and strength, as well as power and surge to ensure that my force rush procs actually crit all the time and have good damage output. As focus guardian, I could drop strength and crit, putting those points into power, which has no DR, and a higher bonus damage gain than strength. The issue with smashers has never been how quickly they can generate singularities, it's gear optimizations required to maximize their damage. An undergeared smasher is something to laugh at, a fully geared and optimized smasher is extremely lethal.

PS. I don't and have never played a smasher but I've talked to alot of them with how to maximize damage in their spec, heck even sents rip the vindicator armorings for the increased damage on leap from the set bonus. This has been and probably always will be the biggest problem with smashers, they can completely ignore one secondary stat, and need minimal primary stat to be effective, whereas every other class has to consider the trade-offs of dropping these stats for increased power. That is the major reason of the imbalance of the spec.

lol wut?

Combat focus = generating stacks of Centering?

Tell me more!

well, I played Vigilance spec the last 6 wzs and I still hit 6k with Blade storm, so go ahead and nerf focus. lol A lot of classes geared for dps have been over 5k. Vangaurd,sniper, merc, bh. So it's not just a smasher my friend. Some of the server records have mercs in the top 5 for big hits. I am a guardian not sent btw. So you might have more ways to stack singularity than i do? not sure about smash sents..

That's pure, clean, shameless BS. Even Carnage/Combat won't hit for 6k with Blade Storm on a geared target, let alone Vigilance which can't do it on PvE gear.

That's pure, clean, shameless BS. Even Carnage/Combat won't hit for 6k with Blade Storm on a geared target, let alone Vigilance which can't do it on PvE gear.

It will in PvE, but requires a force rush proc, with adrenal and/or relic use. But in PvP, sorry, not happening. Even with force rush, against a geared opponent, it'll land for around 3k, with burning blade maybe 4k total damage. Maybe he hit someone in leveling greens trying out PvP for the first time at 50..

well, I played Vigilance spec the last 6 wzs and I still hit 6k with Blade storm, so go ahead and nerf focus. lol A lot of classes geared for dps have been over 5k. Vangaurd,sniper, merc, bh. So it's not just a smasher my friend. Some of the server records have mercs in the top 5 for big hits. I am a guardian not sent btw. So you might have more ways to stack singularity than i do? not sure about smash sents..

nope

--

As for the first part, I'll agree. The second.. well I don't know what to say. Are you saying smash is fine, but you have to worry about your mirror class? You realize tracer missile was nerfed along with grav round? I'm not sure if this is a joke. I'll give you that a good concealment operative or powertech will wreck you as a gunnery commando, but then nearly any class will 1v1, especially if they have a pillar to LOS and use their interrupts correctly.

Edited by ViridianVex

Well I guess i'll respec back to the skill tree I had and try to snap a pic when/if I get a kill with it..I hit mid 5k with it numerous times when i went and changed my skill tree.