can you leave group to pass on normal mode operation loot?

When you do a normal mode operation and kill a boss, the drops are randomly distributed to players that can use them. Now lets assume that you had some people who were over geared for the place, but wanted to help out some players who needed the gear. Does leaving the ops group during a fight make you ineligible to obtain loot? If so, you could fight a boss and before it died, players could "pass" on loot by dropping group.

Yeah if you leave before the loot is generated it will only assign it to people in the instance at the time. We did this last night on gharj for 2 people that rerolled new chars. Got him to about 2% and all but the tank, a dps merc and a healer that was too slow on the exit area button were left inside. All the loot generated was for those 3. On the ones where loot is in a chest if you leave before they open it the loot is only for those people. We did this on the pylons and champions and all the loot went to those 2 people left inside.

Yeah if you leave before the loot is generated it will only assign it to people in the instance at the time. We did this last night on gharj for 2 people that rerolled new chars. Got him to about 2% and all but the tank, a dps merc and a healer that was too slow on the exit area button were left inside. All the loot generated was for those 3. On the ones where loot is in a chest if you leave before they open it the loot is only for those people. We did this on the pylons and champions and all the loot went to those 2 people left inside.

Really good to know thanks.

you can already gear up to that level fairly cheaply with crafted gear. gaming the system in this way is frankly stupid. if anything you should be punished for such actions.

True story.

Im on my tank jugg.

I have overall Columi gear and i don't need a single item from the whole normal ops.

With us is a lower geared Tank Jugg.

He needs the gear.

Boss down and i get a piece of tanking gear which is worse then my current item in the same slot.

The other jugg would have wanted this item but got nothing.

Let me be frankly stupid, i don't care, but if i can help the other jugg by gearing up faster by exiting the instance, then there is only Win!

Blame Bioware for making it as retarted as it is atm.

True story.

Im on my tank jugg.

I have overall Columi gear and i don't need a single item from the whole normal ops.

With us is a lower geared Tank Jugg.

He needs the gear.

Boss down and i get a piece of tanking gear which is worse then my current item in the same slot.

The other jugg would have wanted this item but got nothing.

Let me be frankly stupid, i don't care, but if i can help the other jugg by gearing up faster by exiting the instance, then there is only Win!

Blame Bioware for making it as retarted as it is atm.

or we can blame you for abusing the system in a way that is not intended. the excuse that the rules let me so its ok is foolish at best.

I dont blame him for doing so, the System is stupid and frustrating and every way to bypass it is welcome.

the system isnt stupid, its working as intended. the only reason its frustrating is because you are choosing to misuse it. honestly there is next to no reason to be running it on normal unless you are a pug, or the vast majority of your group is extremely undergeared. 2 days of dailys, especially if run in an organized fashion and you are geared into or past the level of gear you will get from doing normals. they honestly are not worth the time and effort of doing them. man up, and do hms like you should be doing. ffs.

the system isnt stupid, its working as intended. the only reason its frustrating is because you are choosing to misuse it. honestly there is next to no reason to be running it on normal unless you are a pug, or the vast majority of your group is extremely undergeared. 2 days of dailys, especially if run in an organized fashion and you are geared into or past the level of gear you will get from doing normals. they honestly are not worth the time and effort of doing them. man up, and do hms like you should be doing. ffs.

I didn't realize that you paid his and everyone in his guild's subscription fees. The fact that you can't pass on loot in normal mode ops and have it reassigned is really stupid. People like to help their guild mates gear up and they like to do it raiding, and the loot system makes it frustratingly hard to do.

Stop telling other people what to do tbh.

we still run EV normal each week to gear up new people since HM and NM share the same lockout and normal doesnt, getting more columi legs while i have Rakata already while the new guy in his blue legs would love them just sucks. It doesnt matter if he could get better by running dailies for 2 days, hell normal EV is easier then most hard mode flashpoints for new 50's.

Edited by Ashrah

I didn't realize that you paid his and everyone in his guild's subscription fees. The fact that you can't pass on loot in normal mode ops and have it reassigned is really stupid. People like to help their guild mates gear up and they like to do it raiding, and the loot system makes it frustratingly hard to do.

i dont have to pay their sub fees. this is biowares world and they can do as they please. they put a system in place to be utilized in one manner, these players are deciding not to use it as intended and are now frustrated with it for that reason. you are rather effectively breaking the rules with such an exploit and you should get a time out for doing so.

If it was an exploit to leave an instance while an encounter was in progress, then Bioware, the guys you said had control over everything, would make it so it wasn't possible. Since it is possible I guess it is intended that that is the way to pass on unwanted ops loot, since there isn't another way. Until they either say something about it or make a change, nothing you say on the forums matters, except to expose you as a little *****.

i dont have to pay their sub fees. this is biowares world and they can do as they please. they put a system in place to be utilized in one manner, these players are deciding not to use it as intended and are now frustrated with it for that reason. you are rather effectively breaking the rules with such an exploit and you should get a time out for doing so.

If what you say is true they should remove the Master Loot option from the menu, but since it's there it's supposed to be able to be used, and it's not cause the random loot assignments stay.

So in that same thought, exiting the area is allowed aswell otherwise they wouldnt let you do it.

Edited by Ashrah

How i spend my Time ingame is my thing. There is already not much to do at 50 so my Guild runs both Normals and both HMs for the Fun. And if we take ppl with us that dont have the Gear those ppl should be able to get everything that drops if they can use it.

i dont have to pay their sub fees. This is biowares world and they can do as they please. They put a system in place to be utilized in one manner, these players are deciding not to use it as intended and are now frustrated with it for that reason. You are rather effectively breaking the rules with such an exploit and you should get a time out for doing so.

It's not gaming the system, it's simply someone saying I don't want loot and passing it so someone else.

Edited by Briareus

Really, all this stupid flaming and bickering about if the bar should have a pass button? The original few posts are kind of gaming the system, quitting the instance so the loot is for one or two classes only. But hey, if those guys can finish the boss off, more power to them.

I can't tell if you're a troll or as dumb as you sound. Well played.

Anyone claiming this isn't a "Stupid" (only using that word as it was used earlier) loot system is completely out of their mind.

It doesn't matter if people can gear up to that level by doing other things. It's the fact it doesn't take into account ANY other factors aside from class.

I got columi boot token in norm EV.....the ones I ALREADY had! Two other sorcs in there, both healers and neither one could get those? Give me a break. That's....for lack of a better word.....STUPID.

There should, at the very least, be the ability to trade the items to someone in the raid. Let's not forget these guy didn't even put /roll in this game! That, in my opinion, tells me the people making decisions for additions.....ya know what, I can't even finish that comment because it's just so damn ludicrous that it wasn't added. /roll is used for more than just loot. I'm completely baffled at the thought process behind these loot systems in ops and the lack of thought put into them.

Being forced to drop out of the raid to pass is pretty bad.....it should really stand out to the devs that they made a mistake here.

Anyway, thanks for this tip....maybe before a boss dies, I'll just drop out of the raids I'm in so other sorcs can get loot.

Edited by _tegrof

So if you die during a boss fight you get loot, but if you teleport out of a dungeon instead you don't, even though in both cases your contribution to the kill is the same?

That's gotta be a bug. You should get the same loot (and penalty) in either case. Anyone doesn't agree?

I think it's an excellent work around this way your not forced to take something you don't want to take. The work around might be a little bit of a pain, but by the same token, the reason other methods to make sure people don't get specific gear is to prevent people from hording gear when other people might need it, at least this way it's absolute, i don't want the loot from this boss i'm not going to be in the area. When your intention is to take someone who needs the gear more then others, this ensures those that need it, get it. with the inability to roll on gear and have people voluntarily pass, and the inability to use masterlooter in normal mode... why not.

I think it's an excellent work around this way your not forced to take something you don't want to take. The work around might be a little bit of a pain, but by the same token, the reason other methods to make sure people don't get specific gear is to prevent people from hording gear when other people might need it, at least this way it's absolute, i don't want the loot from this boss i'm not going to be in the area. When your intention is to take someone who needs the gear more then others, this ensures those that need it, get it. with the inability to roll on gear and have people voluntarily pass, and the inability to use masterlooter in normal mode... why not.

because its a blatant exploit to the system. its rather obviously not intended with how it currently functions and with how its supposed to function. i can understand attempting something along this line if it was due to a bug, or an actual problem, but its fully working as intended.