Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deserter Lockout in 6.1.4

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Deserter Lockout in 6.1.4
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Severith
10.28.2020 , 01:46 PM | #81
Of the 4 matches I played today:

1 was a 4v4 which, even with unbalanced teams composition we still tried to win,
1 was a hypergate which ended at 607 to 563
1 was Odessen which ended at 600 to 513
1 was a Huttball which ended at 3 to 1, with a lot of almost scores from the losing team

If this was before the deserter lockout, they would of been:

2 people on my team in the 4v4 wouldn't have bothered to even try
Hypergate would of been 600 to 100
Odessen would of been 600 to 150
Huttball would of been 7 to zero.

Objectively speaking, reg pvp is better now. There are a few people here and there intentionally throwing games "protesting" the changes, but they're fewer and fewer now. PVP needed a little chemotherapy, and if that means we lose a few s@#$bags along the way, that's fine, it'll mean a healthier population in the long run.

Sappharan
10.28.2020 , 03:48 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Severith View Post
If this was before the deserter lockout, they would of [sic] been:

Objectively speaking, reg pvp is better now. There are a few people here and there intentionally throwing games "protesting" the changes, but they're fewer and fewer now.
That is speculative. There is no way you could know whether they would have tried or not or how badly you would have lost.

I am glad your experience is improving, though. Perhaps things will improve, but that is not what I expect. My experience is markedly different. When it was first introduced, I did sense a small uptick in quality, but that soon plummeted. Were the debuff applied only to people who quit, I'd be fine with it. But, it applies to all who leave an active warzone, whether intentional or not -- and that is the part I find so untenable.

PVP needed a little chemotherapy, and if that means we lose a few s@#$bags along the way, that's fine, it'll mean a healthier population in the long run.
FWIW, I don't believe in protesting in the game like that. That is petulant and selfish. However, it will take a lot for me to believe that this poorly implemented "solution" is the correct one.

Nahyeaa
11.01.2020 , 04:51 PM | #83
Of the 4 matches I played today:

1 was a 4v4 which, even with unbalanced teams composition we still tried to win,
1 was a hypergate which ended at 607 to 563
1 was Odessen which ended at 600 to 513
1 was a Huttball which ended at 3 to 1, with a lot of almost scores from the losing team

If this was before the deserter lockout, they would of been:

Objectively speaking, reg pvp is better now. There are a few people here and there intentionally throwing games "protesting" the changes, but they're fewer and fewer now. PVP needed a little chemotherapy, and if that means we lose a few s@#$bags along the way, that's fine, it'll mean a healthier population in the long run.
This is great/ is exactly what we need. and will go little further and suggest the following:
1. No win = No mats
current problem is Win Traders are still throwing games because they can still get mats, wont get dailies but still can get mats. So to take away such incentive, no win = no mats

New rules are great; they still manage to win trade but is becoming a whole lot harder/difficult for them, and by taking such incentive we'll see the end of them.

New rules are truly working. Just take away mats.. without victory no mats.. for sure
Trade win still goin but Dev's are on the right track

btw; players who desperately advocate against new rules are win traders for sure

Dimitir
11.09.2020 , 10:06 AM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahyeaa View Post

btw; players who desperately advocate against new rules are win traders for sure

You sir, are a special kind of...intelligent... i don t even play ranked and the rules hurt me a lot... i couldn t finish my pvp weekly for almost one-and a half weeks because now, even in unranked wins are required to progress...at all... when i dc... i can t even retry immediatelly... because i get LOCKED OUT...and there goes my play-time outside the weekend, you know... because of work and such...

Nahyeaa
11.09.2020 , 03:48 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Sappharan View Post
That is speculative. There is no way you could know whether they would have tried or not or how badly you would have lost.

I am glad your experience is improving, though. Perhaps things will improve, but that is not what I expect. My experience is markedly different. When it was first introduced, I did sense a small uptick in quality, but that soon plummeted. Were the debuff applied only to people who quit, I'd be fine with it. But, it applies to all who leave an active warzone, whether intentional or not -- and that is the part I find so untenable.

FWIW, I don't believe in protesting in the game like that. That is petulant and selfish. However, it will take a lot for me to believe that this poorly implemented "solution" is the correct one.
That is not speculative; its telling the current state of affairs in Rank/Unrank, but I do have to admit the new rules had brought no change at all. I can tell that less than 1% still do as they please.

Quote: Originally Posted by Dimitir View Post
You sir, are a special kind of...intelligent... i don t even play ranked and the rules hurt me a lot... i couldn t finish my pvp weekly for almost one-and a half weeks because now, even in unranked wins are required to progress...at all... when i dc... i can t even retry immediatelly... because i get LOCKED OUT...and there goes my play-time outside the weekend, you know... because of work and such...
Like i said before i do admit the rules had been ineffective. These individuals still do as they please/want. With the exception of this game I had yet to see other mmos where a handful of players always stomp on developers.

gasxero
11.09.2020 , 11:31 PM | #86
I've never left matches unless i have sudden personal business that comes up...

but I've PvP'd long enough to know within a minute which team will win in a WZ (barring an unlikely stealth cap)...in those cases i just facilitate the rapid conclusion of a wz via nefarious means.

as for Arenas, I give it my all unless there's some toxic pantywaste sh*te talker in the team...in which case i will throw the match on purpose because being petty to scumbags gives me pleasure.

Sappharan
11.11.2020 , 10:46 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by Nahyeaa View Post
That is not speculative; its telling the current state of affairs in Rank/Unrank
The part quoted was speculative. He was forecasting outcomes contingent on the absence of a debuff. It is literally impossible for him or anyone to know what the outcomes would have been were the debuff not in place. It is an opinion formed without full information. He does not and cannot have full information because he did not experience those exact games without the debuff in place. It is axiomatic.