Why This Game Will Fail: ITS MOSTLY YOUR FAULT FANS!

First this MMO will fail, because Star Wars Fans are schizophrenic geeks who have no concept of what they actually want.

The kids between the ages of 10 through say 14 want action, the 14 through 28 year olds' want action and story, with some PvP and us old bastards who where THERE at Grauman's Chinese Theatre for opening night in 1975/6 (cant remember the date) want a story driven interactive game where we don't have to deal with the other geeks. The developers attempted to do too much and please everyone-now the thrill is gone and the gamers are leaving, all because we are socially awkward ***** who basically hate everyone and everything.

My point is, this not bioWare's fault. It is our fault for wanting what technology is unable to provide.

All I wanted was a damn Xbox game with the illusion of freedom; 365 degrees of movement-like Grand Theft Auto, with multiple story lines one each for the dark side-Light Side and neutral, and a cinematic movie style with a dramatic story arch in the style of Star Wars.

I never actually wanted to run around building crap and "chatting" with you people: Because people suck.

What I wanted was a game that pushed my decent little Jedi Character farther and farther to the dark side by posing moral question that have no light side outcome. And then when he falls, I want to have a story option that allows me to Redeem myself-or stay dark side. I wanted to be manipulated into going dark side-I wanted to see the character and the story evolve-like in the KotOR I and II..

Choices in the game are too cut and dry. In real life good intentions sometimes have dark outcomes. I know this from experience I fought two wars and I can tell you sometimes you mean to do good and you still end up doing bad.

In philosophy we pose these questions to students with thought experiments-like the Prisoners Dilemma, or Garret Hardin's Tragedy of The Commons, Or that lifeboat conundrum, that I can't remember the names too at the moment-because I am old and senile (somebody out there somewhere will know the title and correct me)-allowing the group to make choices and then showing statistical outcomes and letting the group figure out the the consequences.

In this game all you have to do is allow for the possibility that good intentions may have bad consequences and then let the story evolve from there.

You get the much needed dramatic arch if you are Light Side, If you are dark side i think you are basically screwed; I cant think of a way to manipulate a player into going light.

A good start is to attempt to make me care about the characters. which is difficult because most Star Wars Geeks are cynical *****s who basically hate everybody.

Edited by EchoFive-Bravo

TLDR: This game will fail because it is not exactly the type of game the OP wants to play and is not a fan of people in general,especially Star Wars fans.

Nothing to see here folks,move along.

Edited by Temeluchus

"This game will fail because it is not exactly the type of game the OP wants to play and is not a fan of people in general,especially Star Wars fans."

Nothing to see here folks,move along."

I don't speak computer you have to actually write it out , or I have no idea what you are attempting to communicate. Thanks for the response.

It doesn't evolve though. If it evolved I would be intrigued. I want to see the game develop into something.

Perhaps I missed it the first time through, where specifically does the game evolve in the story: I have played Jedi Knight and Cunsular all the way through.

Where is the story arch where is the character conflict where does the game make me question whether my actions were just or not?

Thanks for the reply.

Where is the story arch where is the character conflict where does the game make me question whether my actions were just or not?

Thanks for the reply.

you know that part in the conversations where you have a choice between light and darkside choice.... yeah thats where the charater conflict comes in where it makes you question if your actions were just or not.

oh and you posted in the WRONG FORUM.

A story Arch : is like a climax in the action...Where Vader tells Luke he is the daddy...And generally there is a build up of conflict which may or may not be foreshadowing to let the viewer imagine what may or may be a head.

This game is an episodic style, like a television sitcom-where the drama is less intense and more focused on action.

It just doesn't feel like star wars to me. It feels like I am running around a maze shooting at Nazis in some first person shooter.

The original post was meant to be amusing-because how can one corporation possibly please a group as diverse as Star Wars geeks?

It feels like the dramatic climax in this story will be the eventual end of SWtOR...

Personally I wish they would do a rewrite and make a more basic version focused on a decent story.

And yeah I did put this in the wrong forum...big whooop?!?!

MUST BE THE ALZHEIMERS...

Edited by EchoFive-Bravo

First this MMO will fail, because Star Wars Fans are scQQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

The kids between the agQQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ and even more QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ ad nauseum QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ this is ridiculous QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

My point is, QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

All I wanted was QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ Waaaaaah Star Wars.

I never actually wanted QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ you people: Because QQ QQ QQ.

What I wanted was a game that pushed my QQing to the max by QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ omg QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ..

Choices in the game are too QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ and yet even more QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ. And to add even more QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

In philosophy we pose these questions to stuQQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ here somewhere QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ consequences.

QQ QQ QQ QQ this game all you have to do is QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

You get the much needed QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ.

A good start is to attempt to make me to stop QQing Waaaaahhhh QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ..

There there. Let it all out. :)

Hello everyone,

While we understand that players can be frustrated with the community at times, please understand that threads like this (even when made with good intentions) tend to result in flame wars and have little room for constructive discussion. In the future, we encourage you to create threads that foster constructive discussion and not ones which criticize the community.

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

Furthermore, discussion on Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is best suited in our General Discussion forums found here. We also do have sub-forums for specific topics of discussion such as PvP and Classes, for example.

With that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. If you have suggestions for the game, we have a forum for specific suggestions, the Suggestion Box. We encourage you to post your suggestions there!