Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which companions do you pair with each AC/spec?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Which companions do you pair with each AC/spec?

Infalliable
07.22.2013 , 05:22 AM | #21
Lokin for any dps spec. He is by far the most useful.
Healing operative I usually use kaliyo or temple. Hk would also work.
Kaliyo also works okay with concealment ops so u can backstab more.
Scorpio is just a PITA to gear, so she never gets used.

Gloomycakes
07.27.2013 , 12:16 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Infalliable View Post
Lokin for any dps spec. He is by far the most useful.
Healing operative I usually use kaliyo or temple. Hk would also work.
Kaliyo also works okay with concealment ops so u can backstab more.
Scorpio is just a PITA to gear, so she never gets used.
Saying one companion is the best by far is a bit odd, I had way better results with Kaliyo in most situations. All companions have their own things to offer and depend on certain factors to be useful.

I definitly see the pro's of using Lokin.
- He's not gear dependant and can wear your old gear
- He has a stun (usually just keeps him from healing you, but can be useful if micro'd)
- He does his job well without really depending on how you do yours.

All in all he's a very new-player friendly companion due to this.

How-ever for any more seasoned player Kaliyo starts having quite a few advantages:
- She (according to my parses and Lokin is in full 69/72 where-as Kaliyo is still in 61s) deals more damage than Lokin. But with 500 DPS with 2.7k DPS, it hardly matters what a companion does.
- She makes opponents frail to backstab. Upping my DPS, quite a darn bit even as Lethality.
- Rocketboost/Speeder and she's fully healed up (where-as with Lokin your HP is the one that matters.) Assuming she didn't die.
- The time she takes to die and it then takes the foes to get you down is very similar to how long Lokin can keep us (me + him) alive (especially since she has heavy armour and by the time she would be down, hasn't happened for ages, the amount of enemies are quite a bit lower.)

The only reason the poorly made tanking companions work with Operatives is our backstab though. And our kind of AoE also helps to not pull aggro of them instantly. Making her taunts suffice. I also use what's at my disposal, cooldowns, threat-reduction, heroic moment, unity (and why wouldn't I). All things come either with more experience or time spend on the game, which go hand in hand. It's a bit of a shame, I like Kaliyo, she's funny. But Lokin is personality-wise my favourite companion by far. And they're useless in any PvP encounter where she simply gets ignored.

PhatMcMuffins
07.28.2013 , 02:10 PM | #23
I'd like t point out that we all had to use Kaliyo for basically the entire first act regardless of spec haha

Heal spec, I used everyone except Vector and Lokin
Raina and HK make things go the fastest when they're geared
<Tihaaroholics>
Qarum - Deal-with'it - Dazkkum - Palpatíne - Eight-six