Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

#1 Rule of forums.

DarthOvertone
05.20.2015 , 02:34 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonThDi View Post
I'm just tired of people just breaking the rules. Any referral link I see that isn't in a signature, I will report you. You could try to report me, but I have done nothing wrong.
$10 says you were a hall monitor in middle school.
Alphanoob, Alpha-zen (among others) - Garbage S1 Champion
Ebon Hawk | Harbinger
SWTOR 4.3: It was good while it lasted. Thanks BW

Bobs_YourUncle
05.20.2015 , 02:39 PM | #22
#1rule is no spoilers.

Monumenta
05.20.2015 , 03:42 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
Seems you are not. See OdballEasyEight's most recent post.
seriously learn to read

the problem was people posting their links and advertising it as something else, look at the dev post quoted in this thread, it doesnt say dont link your referral it says dont spam it, no ones getting banned and no posts with properly labeled links are getting censored so your no referrals except in sigs crusade is a thing you made up yourself

Master-Nala
05.20.2015 , 03:46 PM | #24
This is kind of a non-sequitur, but I've never understood why they give incentives for getting people already subscribed to click the link.
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

AlixMV
05.20.2015 , 03:52 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by WorldSmasher View Post
... is not to talk about forums?
Thank you, because that's exactly what I was going to post.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Annifryd
Ni'rys'hyl ~ Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee

Transcendent
05.20.2015 , 04:04 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonThDi View Post
I don't think anyone, other than me, knows the #1 Rule of the forums, that I believe is the #1 Rule of the forums.
Actually, I think you may want to acquaint yourself with the rules, first one being below;

Quote:
To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

Post, transmit, promote, or distribute Content that is illegal or promote or encourage any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software. (See also “Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions” below).
http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct

REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

The-Kaitou-Kid
05.20.2015 , 04:05 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
the problem was people posting their links and advertising it as something else, look at the dev post in this thread, it doesnt say dont link your referral it says dont spam it, no ones getting banned and no posts with properly labeled links are getting censored so your no referrals except in sigs crusade is a thing you made up yourself
The problem is that posting a referral link in a post solely to post a referral link is considered spam. It doesn't matter if you do it 10 times of just 1. It's considered spam and this is backed up by the fact that any time somebody does it, it gets deleted in short order. I don't know if actions are taken against the accounts but the topics/posts are deleted because it's considered spam. You can post it in response to somebody asking for one, I think (since it's relevant to the topic at hand and thus not spam), but beyond that it'll get deleted. It's happened numerous times including once in the past week or so.
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

ImmortalLowlife
05.20.2015 , 04:54 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by darthovertone View Post
$10 says you were a hall monitor in middle school.
roflmao....
"There is no Light Side...There is no Dark Side...there is only The Force..."

And you already know...Click HERE for free stuff!!!

branmakmuffin
05.20.2015 , 04:58 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by The-Kaitou-Kid View Post
The problem is that posting a referral link in a post solely to post a referral link is considered spam
Exactly. Just as the rules define posts of IBL/IBTL/etc. to be spam. I think "can i haz yer stuffs" and "nice necro" (with nothing more) should also be considered spam.

Quote: Originally Posted by Monumenta View Post
seriously learn to read
Seriously, learn to stop and think before you post.

TheSeventhJedi
05.20.2015 , 05:36 PM | #30
Out of curiosity, OP, what got you so upset that you felt the need to post about your crusade?
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)