Darth Jadus fight

limadoc

Ok, I am ready to start a new character just so I don't have to finish this fight. However, it's my only character and about to close out Chapter 1 so I can't. I have a level 32 Marksmanship spec Sniper, and I can not for the life of me figure out how to beat Jadus. Anyone have any useful tips? Yes I have used stims.

I've not played an agent yet, but I had plenty of issues on my scoundrel, who was also my first toon.

Best advice I can give, is go out and level up. Maybe twice.

The bosses that mark the end of each chapter are always the hardest, especially if you don't have a 50 to grind out some dailies and buy upgraded gear.

On a first toon, there is just no substitute for being 3 levels above the mobs you are fighting.

Don't let anyone tell you you should be able to breeze everything and what an easy time they had, blah blah blah.

90% of those guys are lying because they don't want to sound like they were as clueless as they actually were.;)

For republic, there are heroic quests on Balmora that give purple armorings, mods and enhancements as a reward.

There should be similar quests for imps on Taris. You can do those once per day, and after repeating them 5 or 6 times, you should be more than ready. :)

PS, once you have a character to 50, you also get a +10 presence legacy buff for each companion when you complete their quest chain. And, if your character is human, it also unlocks a +100 presence buff.

This will be a HUGE benefit to future alts as presence boosts companion health damage and healing.

Edited by JacksonMo

I've not played an agent yet, but I had plenty of issues on my scoundrel, who was also my first toon.

Best advice I can give, is go out and level up. Maybe twice.

The bosses that mark the end of each chapter are always the hardest, especially if you don't have a 50 to grind out some dailies and buy upgraded gear.

On a first toon, there is just no substitute for being 3 levels above the mobs you are fighting.

Don't let anyone tell you you should be able to breeze everything and what an easy time they had, blah blah blah.

90% of those guys are lying because they don't want to sound like they were as clueless as they actually were.;)

For republic, there are heroic quests on Balmora that give purple armorings, mods and enhancements as a reward.

There should be similar quests for imps on Taris. You can do those once per day, and after repeating them 5 or 6 times, you should be more than ready. :)

I could go back and finish off some of the quests on Alderan.

PS, once you have a character to 50, you also get a +10 presence legacy buff for each companion when you complete their quest chain. And, if your character is human, it also unlocks a +100 presence buff.

This will be a HUGE benefit to future alts as presence boosts companion health damage and healing.

Edited while you were replying, just wanted to highlight it.

Keep at it. That first toon is tough regardless.

I remember that fight well. I even ended up opening a ticket, then finding a way around it.

the issue i had was the table he stands next to on the bridge cause LOS issues, i couldn't heal my companion or hit jadus while he smacked me down.

Jadus also resets if he leaves the bridge (or at least used to when i did it, pre 1.2)

anyways, use your companion to charge in, then make him passive to try and get jadus away from that darn table that blocks LOS.

then i'm guessing blast him, regen between fights. (it's a 3 rounder)

I don't think you have lokin at this point, so Kaliyo will be your friend.

your strat may need to differ from mine, due to my character being a healer. When he does his big AOE, get your companion on passive to get them from standing like a moron in the middle of it. and use interupts on it if you can.

Edited by Nucksfan

I remember that fight well. I even ended up opening a ticket, then finding a way around it.

the issue i had was the table he stands next to on the bridge cause LOS issues, i couldn't heal my companion or hit jadus while he smacked me down.

Jadus also resets if he leaves the bridge (or at least used to when i did it, pre 1.2)

anyways, use your companion to charge in, then make him passive to try and get jadus away from that darn table that blocks LOS.

your strat may need to differ from mine, due to my character being a healer. When he does his big AOE, get your companion on passive to get them from standing like a moron in the middle of it. and use interupts on it if you can.

I watched a couple of youtube videos that talked a lot about the issue you are referring to. I didn't seem to have that issue. I do have an issue with interrupts though. I need to learn them more.

:sy_title::ph_good_post:</tip_hat>

Edited by JacksonMo

I watched a couple of youtube videos that talked a lot about the issue you are referring to. I didn't seem to have that issue. I do have an issue with interrupts though. I need to learn them more.

I didn't watch the video as I haven't gotten that far in that particular class, but after getting through the first few chapters in most of the classes, interrupts are definitely key to almost every class. You can level really well in most classes without using interrupts, so it's easy to forget about them. However, some levels / quests are impassable without them, and it can be a steep learning curve for a fight or two until you get this down. I have a level 43 Consular that I got stuck with yesterday because it required an interrupt I had never used.

This, like many of the class chapter ending battles rely heavily on interrupts. Many people don't learn to use them properly as most PVE content doesn't rely on effective interrupt use at the lower levels. Late game, it'll make life much easier if you are able to interrupt heals or heavy damage skills used by your foes.

Specific to Jadus, pretty much every one of his attacks can be interrupted either by one of your skills or by breaking line of sight. Just run around and use attakcs you can use on the move and slowly wear him down.

At one point there was a LOS issue with him so that you could'nt target him. That really made the fight hard, but that was corrected in a previous mega patch (1.2 I think).

Edited by Infalliable