shield, defence, absorbsion caps?

Kissakias

Accuracy : 96.70% (171 rating)

Pretty sure all of that needs to be Defense/Shield/Absorb. I'll let KeyboardNinja tell you which, since I don't do Shadows. :p

Probably Bulwark or Bastion enhancements in place of the two Intuition enhancements, and Campaign shield generator.

Edited by CitizenFry

Pretty sure all of that needs to be Defense/Shield/Absorb. I'll let KeyboardNinja tell you which, since I don't do Shadows. :p

Probably Bulwark or Bastion enhancements in place of the two Intuition enhancements, and Campaign shield generator.

You sure i can drop ALL my accuracy ? Is this a consensus ?

I'm playing a shadow currently almost full campaign/BH (only missing the saber hilt and one 26 armoring for my bracers), with augments in each slot of course. My stats are, with full buffs and prototype stim :

Endurance : 2261

Willpower : 1538

Health : 25563

Armor : 6141 ( :'( booohooooo neeeeerf)

Damage reduction : 40.25% (please don't hit me !)

Defense 28.34% (430)

Shield : 40.54% (419) without kinetic ward

Absorb : 56.32% (463)

And playing with shield amplification campaign relic and the shield boost clickable one (don't know the english name, shrouded crusader or sumthin')

So any advice for min/maxing this would be, by me, appreciated :)

EDIT : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/3d93cbd9-932d-42f6-9472-c8774d9e0b91 for detailed view

You can through the 8 percent worth of Defense rating into shield and absorb to hit 50 Shield and 60% Absorb, also you can move your mods around to get the mitigation stat heavy ones over the endurance heavy ones. I run with the BM Shield relic (103 Shield raiting) and the Absorption proc relic (Shield Amplification) for more consistent mitigation.

About the accuracy thing, I'm not 100% on it really, since Double Strike and Spinning Strike both proc Particle Acceleration, accuracy is nice for threat, but even still TK Throw, Project, Breach and Slow Time are all force damage so you never have to worry about missing them. My mentality is focus on your defensive stats before you work on your offensive ones.

I'm playing a shadow currently almost full campaign/BH (only missing the saber hilt and one 26 armoring for my bracers), with augments in each slot of course. My stats are, with full buffs and prototype stim :

Endurance : 2261

Willpower : 1538

Health : 25563

Armor : 6141 ( :'( booohooooo neeeeerf)

Damage reduction : 40.25% (please don't hit me !)

Defense 28.34% (430)

Shield : 40.54% (419) without kinetic ward

Absorb : 56.32% (463)

And playing with shield amplification campaign relic and the shield boost clickable one (don't know the english name, shrouded crusader or sumthin')

So any advice for min/maxing this would be, by me, appreciated :)

EDIT : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/3d93cbd9-932d-42f6-9472-c8774d9e0b91 for detailed view

For future reference, it's better to post stats *without* stim and buffs. The AMR profile is best (didn't see that until I scrolled down). In any case...

Including self-heal and assuming the same spec that I use, your survivability is 75.7297% with a spikiness of 35.7371%. I included your shield proc relic in there, but not your activated shield relic. The activated shield relic *conflicts* with the procing shield relic (because of DR), so really only one of them counts. You really should pick up the healing relic. The defense relic is excellent as well, but the healing relic gives you about 0.5% (additive) more survivability.

Your current stat priority is as follows: shield > defense > absorb. You should get those stats by taking points out of accuracy, which is essentially worthless. I know it's annoying to see that "Miss" text, but trust me when I say that it really doesn't matter. Accuracy is a damage stat (thus threat), and a tertiary one at that. Drop it.

To be more precise on the stat priorities, 18 points of shield (an augment) will give you 0.12228% added survivability; 18 points of defense will give you 0.11629% added survivability; 18 points of absorb will give you 0.10948% added survivability.

I love it when people say they want to min/max... but only a little. You don't have to be a mathematician to use someone else's spreadsheet.

<Insert generic troll here> I don't have time to waste devising a stupid enough answer.

KeyboardNinja, that's what I call constructive criticism dude :) I've already got ridden of two accuracy augments and will drop the BH shield for the campaign one asap. As for the relic dilemna, I've never thought of the DR/conflict issue. Liked the idea of having another defensive CD, but you've made your point there. Although, I'm not wild about the healing relic as i've learned not to rely too much on my self-healing, as there are a lot of situations where you simply can't stand still for 3 consecutive seconds, so i'm probably going for proc shield/defense pvp for starters, swap a few mods, and see if Kephess will stop beating the holy crap out of me.

Thanks all for your help, and may the Force be with you.

KeyboardNinja, that's what I call constructive criticism dude :) I've already got ridden of two accuracy augments and will drop the BH shield for the campaign one asap. As for the relic dilemna, I've never thought of the DR/conflict issue. Liked the idea of having another defensive CD, but you've made your point there. Although, I'm not wild about the healing relic as i've learned not to rely too much on my self-healing, as there are a lot of situations where you simply can't stand still for 3 consecutive seconds, so i'm probably going for proc shield/defense pvp for starters, swap a few mods, and see if Kephess will stop beating the holy crap out of me.

Thanks all for your help, and may the Force be with you.

You're very welcome! :-)

As for your self-heal, it's worth noting that you have a constant self-heal that procs just by virtue of you attacking your target. If you take rapid recovery, the proc rate will be about once every 5.7 seconds; without rapid recovery, it's closer to 6.2 seconds (giving you a HPS of about 33). This means that a proc healing relic will activate once every 21-22 seconds, granting a HPS of 17-18. That's pretty good, and on *most* fights, better than the defense relic in terms of survivability contribution.

As for Kephess… Yeah. He hurts regardless of what you do. Anecdotally, shadows seem to be harder to heal through that final phase than guardians or vanguards. It may be because Kinetic Ward evaporates due to his swing timer, and so you usually end up with about 70-75% uptime on your 20% shield boost, which is definitely sub-optimal. Also, self-healing is usually a bit reduced in that final phase (unless you're *really* good at timing).

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Anecdotally, shadows seem to be harder to heal through that final phase than guardians or vanguards. It may be because Kinetic Ward evaporates due to his swing timer, and so you usually end up with about 70-75% uptime on your 20% shield boost, which is definitely sub-optimal. Also, self-healing is usually a bit reduced in that final phase (unless you're *really* good at timing).

Noticed that too, i've seen something like 4 or 5 stacks of KW disappearing in a second, and wondered what happened...

Noticed that too, i've seen something like 4 or 5 stacks of KW disappearing in a second, and wondered what happened...

If you go look in your log, you can see what's happening there...between the "big" hits, he actually launches quite a few small attacks that don't have much, if any, animation. This is bad for Shadows (eats KW) and good for everyone else (less likely to be screwed over by RNG)

If you go look in your log, you can see what's happening there...between the "big" hits, he actually launches quite a few small attacks that don't have much, if any, animation. This is bad for Shadows (eats KW) and good for everyone else (less likely to be screwed over by RNG)

Bastard ><

• 1 month later...
I've never understood how people could be so confident in their knowledge and yet be so obviously wrong.

Defense caps at 30%

Shield and absorb cap at 50%

Please note that this is solely from rating, and does not include extra bonuses from things like your skill tree.

Details here:

http://www.swtorstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/iqlov4.jpg

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/thread-364.html

yeah howmuch shield rating you stacking to get that? probably over 1000? im at 701 shield rating and thats got me just shy of 50% and thats with tree and shield granted from generator.

• 3 years later...
Seriously guys, why does EVERY SINGLE THREAD about stat caps end up like a quantum physicists convention ?

Don't get me wrong, we appreciate your efforts, but I'm pretty sure all the OP dude wanted was some numbers he could aim for min/maxing correctly his defensive stats, plain and simple. He didn't need to launch a rocket to mars. If he was a math head like you, he would have figured the calculations by himself :p I don't think I can be called dumb, but your math formulas give me headaches, and I can't wrap my mind around your graphic charts.

So I'm gonna reformulate the OP question (dude, feel free to correct me if I misinterpretated you) :

What are, in layman's terms, the most efficient stat distribution, DR wise. Either in percentages or ratings, FOR EACH CLASS (as we all have our own defensive mechanics) ?

Again, thanks guys for your hard work.

thank you

In layman's terms: it varies (a LOT). The math behind the stats in TOR pushes stat distribution in very interesting directions, varying wildly as your stat budget goes up. If you pop your current stats in here, we can tell you your stat priority RIGHT NOW, but that's advice which is tailored to your specific situation. It's going to be different as you get more stat points to play with.

CitizenFry gave the rough, general stat priority for each class, but that's only going to be loosely accurate. We absolutely cannot give you a "stack x until y%" sort of advice, because it would be almost certainly wrong. Anyone who *claims* to be able to give you this advice is either deliberately over-simplifying or incredibly ignorant.

silly mathematicians and your perfect answers. as an engineer, if your deviation is less than the accuracy of the tool you use to measure it, that is perfect.

Edited by sumquy