Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

swtor security key not working

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jankiel
02.16.2013 , 04:38 AM | #21
Had same issue. Called CS and had it turned off in 5 minutes. Guess the CS here in Europe is a tad better than in the Americas.

Glzmo
02.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #22
My security key also doesn't seem to be giving out the proper key anymore. And since they removed the toll free CS line and I don't have a number in my country and when I try to call them I get "this call is not allowed", I'm SOL. Stupid BiowarEA! I'm so mad!

Quote: Originally Posted by PetFish View Post
This was buried all the way back on page 1 so it was easy to miss:

SOLUTION:

1) Install Google Voice on phone (free VoIP, no need to buy "credits" like with Skype)
2) Call customer service
3) They will delete the current key, you can now log-in to your account here w/o using a security key
4) Delete and then re-install the security key app
5) Log-in here and set up a new security key
6) ...
7) Profit

It appears there's no DIY solution and you have to call them. My experience with CS was great, I was never on hold, but probably cuz of when I called.

That doesn't work for me. It says I don't have enough credit to make the call.

Tavox
02.16.2013 , 07:37 AM | #23
Ya I called CS and got it fixed last night.
Waited 30min on hold before getting someone and they removed the key from my account.
Happy I still had the CE physical one and I added that to my account until they fix the mobile one.
TAVOX BRUTAV
FURY - Prophecy of the Five
The Shadowfire Legacy

There is no emotion, there is peace. Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Tiralna
02.16.2013 , 07:46 AM | #24
Just happened to me, and CS were very helpful, not on hold for long. However when I came to reinstall app on phone it says my phone no longer able to accept the app as it is not supported in my country... what the hell happened overnight to cause THAT!

Sigh

Physical security key I guess,.... oh wait no... they are sold out!

jebusab
02.16.2013 , 07:52 AM | #25
so got through got it removed guy said i could then reattach it and not letting me in again
Live fast die young!

Glzmo
02.16.2013 , 07:58 AM | #26
I still can't reach CS via phone. The German Hotline doesn't give me an option to talk to a live person and when I go to the option to remove the security key, it refers me to the website...

Heck, I can't even cancel my subscription now.

Kruziikzu
04.17.2013 , 03:50 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by XxvandalxX View Post
this is the second time this has happend i was hoping they would know a way to fix it without freaking calling support, looks like im going to call support uh
THIS, is the reason I will never get a Security Key. App or Physical, it's not the money spent that turns me away, it's the question: What do I do if it fails? Locked out of your own account while time on your sub ticks away?

Clever EA, as always. No thanks.

Even with the security and vendors gained that make me want to get one, I cannot, will not, let EA manage my account security for me, god forbid I go F2P and they ignore all my customer service requests if I had a security code and it failed... *shudders*

Niaymh
04.17.2013 , 03:56 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Kruziikzu View Post
THIS, is the reason I will never get a Security Key. App or Physical, it's not the money spent that turns me away, it's the question: What do I do if it fails? Locked out of your own account while time on your sub ticks away?

Clever EA, as always. No thanks.

Even with the security and vendors gained that make me want to get one, I cannot, will not, let EA manage my account security for me, god forbid I go F2P and they ignore all my customer service requests if I had a security code and it failed... *shudders*
That's nice... You're responding to a 2 month old thread however and they've since added a feature to remove your security key yourself via the website without calling them.

anthonyyo
04.17.2013 , 03:59 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Niaymh View Post
That's nice... they've since added a feature to remove your security key yourself via the website without calling them though so your entire post is invalid.

Well............... Aren't you a sexy lil minx
Hi :>

coolash
06.18.2013 , 09:56 AM | #30
well if you can remove the key without calling CS can someone give me a link?