Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship Legacy unlocked is bugged!!

HoraShadow

This perk is bugged!

It says it applies to all characters when unlocked, I paid the 1050 Cartel Coins and when I log into my alt, which is in the same account and same legacy, none of those unlocks are active. Currently it's NOT Legacy unlock, but character unlocked!!

When you apply a fix to this, make sure it's retroactive to those who already purchased the unlock...

Not a single person tested this new "Priority Transport: Personal Starship" functionality...

Edit:

OH WOW, I log out and back into the character who PURCHASED the unlock, and all 3 unlocks are gone!! It's back to 24 hours cool-down!!!

Edited by HoraShadow

it's so funny...

so they release 1.7 without testing it, so the legacy unlock is missing and only the character perk is available.

Then they release an emergency patch to fix it, but the fix is bugged because the unlock is not legacy wide.

It would be funny if it wasn't about real money people are paying...

Actually, the ability is there, though it remains at the lowest unlock level, but the unlocks don't work properly(checked on character who bought them, about to check alts).

*EDIT

It appears that the ability from the perk is working fine, the cooldown reducers are currently inoperational though.

Edited by Vandicus

No No No.

It's all good. You see it WAS bugged when they released it all unlocked.. but today they nerfed it so now all is perfect again. Except for the 50k I forked over because it had 1 hour cooldown .. which is now gone .. but they've apologized so that makes it just fine that they scre*ed me out of 50k

(thanks btw for locking this thread, wouldn't want any unpleasant comments on 1 of your two daily posts Gonzalez now would we)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5847876#edit5847876

Priority Transport: Personal Starship Bug | 02.12.2013, 11:56 PM

Hi everyone,

With Game Update 1.7, we introduced the new Legacy Character Perk, Priority Transport: Personal Starship. This allows players to quickly shuttle to their personal starships. This ability normally has a 24 hr cooldown, and players have the option to purchase Legacy Global Unlocks to reduce this cooldown.

Unfortunately, with Game Update 1.7, there is a bug which automatically unlocks the three levels of Legacy Global Unlocks for any players that is level 20 or above.

This is not intended and will be fixed in an upcoming patch. What this means is that, for those of you who have unlocked the Personal Starship as a Character Perk, you will no longer have 1 hr cooldowns for this ability, and you will have to unlock Legacy Global Unlocks to reduce the standard 24 hr cooldown. This will happen after the aforementioned patch.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but we hope that you enjoy this "trial" period for Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship levels I, II, and III.

No No No.

It's all good. You see it WAS bugged when they released it all unlocked.. but today they nerfed it so now all is perfect again. Except for the 50k I forked over because it had 1 hour cooldown .. which is now gone .. but they've apologized so that makes it just fine that they scre*ed me out of 50k

There's a separate perk and global unlock. The perk is 50k, which you still have. The global unlocks are cooldown reducers for all characters which have the perk.

The global unlocks currently do not work. The player does not retain them once they are purchased.

I tested it after reading this thread.

Step 1: Purchased global perks 1, 2, and 3 first.

Step 2: Purchased individual perk on same character.

Step 3: Relogged to see if it "stuck". It did. No problems so far. 60 minute cooldown.

Step 4: Logged onto a different character. Purchased individual perk. Global perks are unpurchased. 24 hour cooldown.

Step 5: Logged back onto first character. Individual perk is unlocked. Legacy perks 1, 2, and 3 are all now unpurchased. 24 hour cooldown.

Edited by Marak

I too can confirm that I bought the single character perk for personal starship transport legacy ability yesterday when it first came out and today I spent like 70k credits to unlock all 3 tiers under global unlocks section of the coresponding timer unlocks to get it back down to the 60min cooldown timer. Now after having switched characters via character select screen and then logged back into my main my starship legacy transport perk is now back to 24hr cooldown.

So thats 70k credits down the drain for nothing till this is fixed I guess :(

I too can confirm that I bought the single character perk for personal starship transport legacy ability yesterday when it first came out and today I spent like 70k credits to unlock all 3 tiers under global unlocks section of the coresponding timer unlocks to get it back down to the 60min cooldown timer. Now after having switched characters via character select screen and then logged back into my main my starship legacy transport perk is now back to 24hr cooldown.

So thats 70k credits down the drain for nothing till this is fixed I guess :(

It is borked so I'm not defending Bioware but honestly, 70K credits can be made in less than an hour doing dailies. So, you'll eventually get the value of what you spent. In the mean time it really isn't much of financial burden.

It is borked so I'm not defending Bioware but honestly, 70K credits can be made in less than an hour doing dailies. So, you'll eventually get the value of what you spent. In the mean time it really isn't much of financial burden.

Like you, I wouldn't lose much sleep over a one-time 70k loss. Unfortunately, I am only legacy level 23, and so nowhere near the levels needed to use credits for these unlocks. Only option I had to purchase them was spending over 1000 cartel coins on two separate accounts.

Those coins are now gone, the unlocks are "re-locked" and the loss of those coins is a lot more dramatic than 70k of credits would've been.

I'm hopeful that they'll get this fixed, but their complete silence about this issue is not very reassuring. Here's hoping.

Like you said 70k credits isn't the end of the world, however its just the principle of the matter you know thats all I meant by it in my original post.

Edited by Aussie

Like you, I wouldn't lose much sleep over a one-time 70k loss. Unfortunately, I am only legacy level 23, and so nowhere near the levels needed to use credits for these unlocks. Only option I had to purchase them was spending over 1000 cartel coins on two separate accounts.

Those coins are now gone, the unlocks are "re-locked" and the loss of those coins is a lot more dramatic than 70k of credits would've been.

I'm hopeful that they'll get this fixed, but their complete silence about this issue is not very reassuring. Here's hoping.

Well their forum support guys aren't in right now I believe. There's a substantial dead zone where its possible to get away with nigh anything on these forums, though the errant threads and posters will be taken care of in the morning. Given their past behavior, they will datamine your purchase and then ensure you get the unlock like they did for the cartel market outfits.

The best part is...

Do you think BW will patch this up in 2 days?

Broken so that it benefits players in a way that isn't exploitive or harmful to other players: 2 Days to Fix

Broken so that it harms players (who wasted their credits): ???

I really hope BW sees that and immediately deploys a fix since they pretty much immediately deployed a fix already. Amirite?

Well I look at it this way.

Bioware ****ed up by giving it for free initially, now they take it away and simply don't let players keep the unlock even after they buy it. They ****ed up again.

So I simply play as I always have before.. I manually run to my ship until they fix it properly.

Someone tell me again WHY they don't use the PTS?

What? I see in this thread that a rep gave this response:

Hey everyone,

This issue has now been resolved.

Thanks!

Um... what? Unless you fixed the issue that people are complaining about here, I'm sort of laughing at that response as you're saying, "Okay, bug is fixed." WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THAT YOU BROKE IT IN A WAY THAT DOES NOT FAVOR THE CUSTOMER.

Seriously? *** is wrong with you guys?

I want to report that last post as rude since it's making a completely misinformed statement and I find it insulting that a company would say something like this...

Edited by Lostpenguins