There is no emotion; there is the queue

TheDrJack

Preface: If you're going to tell me to put up with it - I don't care.

Hi all. Like many of you, the queues are ruining this game for me, and it is not my fault - my guild got put on Legion of Lettow by Bioware. I therefore see it as Bioware's fault that I can't play with my friends. If they are going to insist on really tiny server caps, then LOCK THE SERVERS! Stop letting people roll on them! Jesus!

(I don't mind 15-30 minute queues, but 2 and 1/2 hours?)

The gaming press might not care too much, but word of mouth is going to kill your game - not only have you lost a few subs by me convincing friends to stay on Rift because of the queues, but the range of grpahic options are ridiculous. Fortunately, I have an i7 processor and half-decent graphics card but my friend with an i3 can barely run it! WHAT!

The reason WoW has such a large user-base is that even people with rubbishy gameboy colour laptops can run it. Roflbucket.

/nerdrage

P.S Lock this and you're just censoring your community 0.o

Not going to tell you to put up with it.

Just going to mention that MMOs have queues when they release. It's part of the process. WoW had hella long queues and ever worse queues when BC released. Lord that was a nightmare.

I know you're frustrated but it's just part of being an MMO gamer at launch.

Hang in there.

Just going to mention that MMOs have queues when they release. It's part of the process. WoW had hella long queues and ever worse queues when BC released. Lord that was a nightmare.

Hang in there.

Truth.

And some popular servers on WoW still have queues on patch days even now, 7 years later. It's part of how things are in popular mmos. Rift doesn't have queues because it doesn't have enough people to need them. ^_~

That being said, queues do suck and I love complaining about it as much as anyone else. More power to ya on that. :p

Not contributing too much, but I have a computer that pre-dates even an i3 processor and I run the game on medium settings with no lag at all.

Something does need to be done about queue times, I think most people can agree on that, but again... thats just MMO launch honestly

Hang in there.

I have 2 servers with level 10+ toons on them that are filled. below those TWO full servers are TEN PLUS "light" pop east coast servers. I will not put up with it, people need to be moved.

I think the poster above me hit the nail on the head (about there being so many light servers). If you are just now getting in and are not already part of a set up guild, restrict access to those people only being able to create characters on the light population realms, we already had a queue during prime time on my server and now waiting to get in mid afternoon is a bit over the top. I played WoW at release and know this is how it goes, but if you're telling me Bioware doesn't have better and larger servers then WoW did at launch that's pretty sad. And I know te fear of creating too many server and appreciate them trying to keep the umber they have, but come on......direct people to the correct servers. That's something WoW DID do (and even at times prevent the creation of toons on full servers).

I have 2 servers with level 10+ toons on them that are filled. below those TWO full servers are TEN PLUS "light" pop east coast servers. I will not put up with it, people need to be moved.

They need to copy what warhammer did and allow people to feely transfer option to another one. Like Skull Throne had an hour queue, so they duplicated it, and you could play on either or. People chose to move permamently to the duplicate.

Also just an outright free transfer to similar server type would be okay for big servers. If you told a whole guild on Fatman they could move to Darth Malak they would go.

Hello everyone,

We know that the game queues are an important topic and in order to keep the discussion together we ask that everyone use this thread where an official statement has been made. This will help to ensure our forums are tidy and everyone can participate in this ongoing conversation. We will be closing this thread, feel free to carry on there!