Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the Consular storyline as boring as I've heard?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Is the Consular storyline as boring as I've heard?

DarthSalt
02.09.2012 , 02:25 AM | #21
I have a 50 BH. The storyline was entertaining.
My consular/Shadow is 48. I would skip the entire storyline if I didnt get crafting slaves out of it. On Corellia now and still waiting for anything mildly interesting/unpredictable to happen. . . probably because i'd prefer to kill a tainted individual than give them a second chance (a second chance to be tainted >.> )
Each to his own though. persons who are much more fans of Star Wars than I would probably love it to death.

Saerol
02.09.2012 , 02:58 AM | #22
I found it rather boring. But I also found the Imperial Agent storyline to be lackluster, and that one seems to get a lot of praise.
Saera Procela
War Hero ~ Jedi Sage
< Matchless | Stream >

insanejitterbug
02.09.2012 , 04:33 AM | #23
I levelled a sage to 50 and enjoyed to storyline, but have to agree with some other posters that it is a bit of a slow start story-wise.

I enjoyed the third act a lot, and when I got to the end I simply wished that it had gotten interesting a bit earlier.

eldelphia
02.09.2012 , 04:46 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Wedger View Post
I don't know. Just finished a quest featuring my companions naked. Very interesting twist although puzzeling. I got nothing like that with my BH or SI!

Ok, they were naked holograms, but still.
I know exactly what you've just done as I submitted a bug report on that one

I found the first chapter a little repetitive but you are mostly learning about how the Consular works and it was my first class so it wasn't too bad. It takes off a bit after that and the last few planets are awesome.

If you're a smashy type and get bored easily I'd say go knight.
Mexi [Sage] ~ Ari'th [Scoundrel] ~ Eldy [Commando]
Formerly ICE Breaker now Corellian Run - Drunken Jedi Masters

InquisitorJorus
02.09.2012 , 04:46 AM | #25
I played a Sith Assassin before rerolling to a Jedi Shadow to play with friends.

I loved the JC storyline so much more than the SI it's not even funny. I won't spoil anything, but the SI one just didn't have me hooked on anything, it felt like you were researching more than actually fighting anything. The JC story is a lot more exciting and interesting. I even liked Chapter 1 and most people thought that was the worst part!
Maturity is not having to act your age, but knowing when to.

Sunblade
02.09.2012 , 07:49 AM | #26
Really only one way to find out, try it

I love the consular story line
"Don't change colors to match the walls, look like you belong, and the walls will change color to match you."

Mekkanon
02.09.2012 , 07:49 AM | #27
Act 1 is boring and repetitive, ending is cool though. Act II feels really consular like and Act 3 just pulls it togheter.

I must say act 3 felt a whole lot like MS 2 deciding how to use your army(companions) etc

Did everything good though, except for 1 quest on Corusant, i always send the stripper back to her boyfriend. *****es should stay in the kitchen

rhirne
02.09.2012 , 09:14 AM | #28
I have said this before.... You will enjoy the Consular storyline if you like Learning, History, Lore, and Diplomacy. Also, from other comments I've seen, it apparently is really bad if you are a DS Consular. I'm considering creating one to see where the story goes awry.

Prologue: Very Slow. A really big history lesson. And there's a huge spoiler which probably contributes to how some people feel about the story. (Tython / Coruscant)

Act 1: Begins to pick up. It is repetative, but a lot of Lore and History given. As about evenyone agrees, Taris is like the "Neverending Story" - be prepared. Alderaan is probably the planet I enjoyed the most. Lots of history and Diplomacy going on. The final battle is sorta a letdown though. (Taris / Nar Shadaa / Tatooine / Alderaan)

Act 2: Starts out with a huge fight. I don't think they coulda packed any more mobs into that area (Consular Story Area). And the CHAMPION mob caught be by surprise (there's also a hidden bonus mission). After that, helping lots of people and lots of diplomacy going on.

Act 3: Haven't gotten there yet (refused to do complete story in beta), but There are a couple different endings from what I understand and it's probably the better of them all.

Personally, I like the Consular story. But then again, I like the history and lore as well.
On Tatooine, and in Balmorra's night
No Sith shall escape my sight
To those who follow the Dark Side's plight
Beware the power - A JEDI'S LIGHT

Raani
02.09.2012 , 09:43 AM | #29
I think that, with some exceptions, many of the people who are particularly vocal about how "boring" this class story is haven't gotten past Act I.

It feels like the reverse of the Trooper story, which starts out strong and ends rather anti-climatically. For me, the Consular story got increasingly more interesting as I progressed through the acts.

I just wish they could have done a little more with Zenith and Iresso, and that Zenith were romanceable. On the other hand, I really don't think you're supposed to stockpile a bank tab of gifts and burn through their stories via back-to-back conversations I loved it, but I wish there was more.

I would love it so much if content patches added mini-chapters to our class and companion stories, rather than just more raid bosses.

Vagessel
02.09.2012 , 09:56 AM | #30
The storyline is "OK". I think they did quality jobs on all classes.

However:

Compared to the storylines of the other classes it's easily the most mindnumbingly boring of the lot. It's ok. Just the lousiest of the available stories. Once you start leveling alts on other classes you'll get a better perspective.