Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Trooper Captain Title

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Trooper Captain Title

Mangrol
01.30.2012 , 02:03 AM | #71
Looking through a couple of character lists from the Clone Wars Series we can see two "fighting" captains:
http://www.starwars.com/explore/ency...haracters/rex/
http://www.starwars.com/explore/ency...acters/argyus/

There are probably more and if my son was at home and not in school he could probably give me a complete bio on all of em

Rex is the most relevant one considering he is a Trooper (granted he is a clone version) and he is an active fighting soldier.

Soulchilde
01.30.2012 , 06:51 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by CLASSlFlED View Post
Just because the rank is there doesn't mean it would belong on us.

Captains are people who sit in the back, in the ships, boats, whatever, directing the course of battle.

If you want to be a captain, fine by me, go play Command and Conquer.

You are talking navy and they are direct line of combat if on a warship. Army and Marines Captain command Company sized units and are expected to be in the field with their units. Major can command a field company, but are typically Battalion level and are in the forward area not far from the front lines.

Sweetsquad
01.30.2012 , 10:16 AM | #73
I thought Smuggler's had the name captain, which is why the trooper class didn't....?
"I've got a bad feeling about this..."

SJackson
01.30.2012 , 09:00 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetsquad View Post
I thought Smuggler's had the name captain, which is why the trooper class didn't....?
I don't want to seem like I'm trolling, but it seems to me that people don't actually read other people's posts, just respond... It has been said a few times that you do get promoted to captain and that you do get the title of Captain. I have it. I got it, as was posted earlier, once I was done with the extraction mission on Tattooine.

Again, not meant to be a troll post, but if people would actually read a little more, kinda like opening ears and closing mouths...

Ultack
02.21.2012 , 07:44 PM | #75
If I get the rank in game I also want the damn title goes with it, period.

"Political Correctness is the inability to call a cat a cat or a dog a dog. Censorship is the inability to say its all *******"
- L.K.

Rhyys
02.21.2012 , 11:48 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I don't want to seem like I'm trolling, but it seems to me that people don't actually read other people's posts, just respond... It has been said a few times that you do get promoted to captain and that you do get the title of Captain. I have it. I got it, as was posted earlier, once I was done with the extraction mission on Tattooine.

Again, not meant to be a troll post, but if people would actually read a little more, kinda like opening ears and closing mouths...
Then the next post:

Quote: Originally Posted by Ultack View Post
If I get the rank in game I also want the damn title goes with it, period.
The guy couldn't even bother to read the last freaking post. Idiot. You get the freaking title. Just continue questing and it will become available.
Zane--Commando Trooper
Skye'ash-- Vanguard Trooper
K'agan-- -Commando Trooper
Vish'amar'reno--Bounty Hunter

va_wanderer
02.22.2012 , 07:47 AM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweetsquad View Post
We get Captain.

Personally, I'd take "Commander" instead if it was possible. Or heck, just promote us to Major at the end of the Gauntlet.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

stuntman_steve
03.28.2016 , 08:21 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by CLASSlFlED View Post
Just because the rank is there doesn't mean it would belong on us.

Captains are people who sit in the back, in the ships, boats, whatever, directing the course of battle.

If you want to be a captain, fine by me, go play Command and Conquer.
US Army Commissioned Officer Rank Structure
2nd Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Captain
Major
Lieutenant Colonel
Colonel
Brigadier General
Major General
Lieutenant General
General

In the US Army, Captains leads troops into battle, they are leaders on the Field who have the confidence of the NCO's and soldiers.

sincerely yours,
Stephen Davis, Corporal
U.S. Army Medical NCO