Bring back Ranked 8 Man Queing

Captainejo

Signed. Allow 2 four man teams.

Arenas have become a que dodging que syncing mess stacked with juggs and a miscule participation rate. Make that format 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Knowing the pvp budget is only enough for maybe 2 devs, the 2 fourman option is probably the easiest and cheapest fix for this mess they created. Plus you can always blame the other 4 man group if you lose so people won't get as butthurt and stop queuing after 2 matches. It would also add meaning to being in a guild once again and I bet many former players would come back to at least check it out.

Signed. Allow 2 four man teams.

Arenas have become a que dodging que syncing mess stacked with juggs and a miscule participation rate. Make that format 1 v 1 or 2 v 2. Knowing the pvp budget is only enough for maybe 2 devs, the 2 fourman option is probably the easiest and cheapest fix for this mess they created. Plus you can always blame the other 4 man group if you lose so people won't get as butthurt and stop queuing after 2 matches. It would also add meaning to being in a guild once again and I bet many former players would come back to at least check it out.

I love the way you assume there are any devs working on pvp.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Guys, keep a little perspective on PvP updates. You guys get tweaks and updates all the time. Heck, you have even gotten new warzones and arenas, plus an additional huttball map that was so requested on the forums when I left.. Compare that to say, The secret world PvP, which hasn't even had a single new map. After playing TSW and having been waiting for an AFK mechanic SINCE LAUNCH I find all opinions about the slowness of other games' updates laughable.

Still, not having Ranked 8-man queing has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard about in any MMO. Isn't the whole point being who is the best team? Before I left (i just got back by the way) I had a blast with my guild (which has now disintegrated, i'v been away a long time). I feel this was such a stupid move, there has to be something genius that I am missing; so I need some context. Why was this even removed in the first place?

God, just allow solo ranked 8 man queing. If nothing else those games depict a larger sample size of skill due to the increased matched duration and respawn. They also happen to be immensely more enjoyable. Competitive players have been de-incentivized straight out of the most enjoyable pvp format.

Why was this even removed in the first place?

The main reason was balance. They wanted pvp balance to be focused around arenas so I guess they figured it would be easier if arena was the only ranked format. The other was population. They probably thought the split between the two ranks would be too much.

Personally I feel they should of left both in and let the community decide and then go from there instead of straight up removing it, but sadly at this point it would be too late to bring 8v8 back.

Edited by Raansu

The main reason was balance. They wanted pvp balance to be focused around arenas so I guess they figured it would be easier if arena was the only ranked format. The other was population. They probably thought the split between the two ranks would be too much.

Personally I feel they should of left both in and let the community decide and then go from there instead of straight up removing it, but sadly at this point it would be too late to bring 8v8 back.

^^this

I will point out that ranked 8v8 pretty much existed on only two servers. Additionally with the exception of huttball none of the 8v8 maps every really worked well in the uber competitive ranked. 8v8 was ridiculously and obscenely cookie-cutter strategy all over. Not to mention the fact that 99% of the time whoever capped the first node wins.

^^this

I will point out that ranked 8v8 pretty much existed on only two servers. Additionally with the exception of huttball none of the 8v8 maps every really worked well in the uber competitive ranked. 8v8 was ridiculously and obscenely cookie-cutter strategy all over. Not to mention the fact that 99% of the time whoever capped the first node wins.

So this guy have been in all server since he know that 8v8 existed on 2 server :rolleyes:

and he know the truth!! 99% if you capped the first node you win.

This post is a joke

So this guy have been in all server since he know that 8v8 existed on 2 server :rolleyes:

and he know the truth!! 99% if you capped the first node you win.

This post is a joke

As far as NA servers went the only "healthy" ranked was on POT5 and Bastion. The other servers had "some" but it was hardly consistent. JC had 3 or 4 teams but only two of them ever queued consistently, thus the creation of kickball came about. It only got worse with server transfers (which I knew would happen) where most every good team on each server moved to pot5 or bastion. If I recall after transfers pot5 had like 15+ teams queueing. JC ranked died after transfers as all the teams went to pot5.

As far as the first node cap. There is a large amount of truth to that in CW. The majority of the time in ranked the middle became a stalemate. Rarely was either team willing to risk hitting an off node and the general strategy was to slow the side cap till your team cap first. So yes, the majority of the time the first to cap the side won the game.

Edited by Raansu

If they wanted balance to center around arenas, why aren't they balancing around arenas o.O

Oh that's right cause there is no dev team.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

As far as NA servers went the only "healthy" ranked was on POT5 and Bastion. The other servers had "some" but it was hardly consistent. JC had 3 or 4 teams but only two of them ever queued consistently, thus the creation of kickball came about. It only got worse with server transfers (which I knew would happen) where most every good team on each server moved to pot5 or bastion. If I recall after transfers pot5 had like 15+ teams queueing. JC ranked died after transfers as all the teams went to pot5.

As far as the first node cap. There is a large amount of truth to that in CW. The majority of the time in ranked the middle became a stalemate. Rarely was either team willing to risk hitting an off node and the general strategy was to slow the side cap till your team cap first. So yes, the majority of the time the first to cap the side won the game.

There is life outside of America you know :) ranked had a nice scene on both tre (was well organised) and tofn. Server xfers to play 8v8 to tofn - 8v8 removal. Mass exodus of pvp guilds from game. That's how it was in Europe. Guessing it was the same in the rest of the world.

Edited by PloGreen

^^this

Being fair, first they killed it on all but a few servers with transfers, then they did away with it after the transfers and added arenas, something only a loud minority of the pvp playerbase wanted in the first place.

8v8 Ranked never got a chance to see if it could get off the ground with a solo queue either, which is unfortunate because I really think its a FAR better format for solo queue than arenas are. 1 jackhole can't ruin the entire match like they can in 4v4 TDM

But frankly, if a casual regstar like me can see the writing on the wall mere days after the announcement the man who came up with the idea probably shouldn't be allowed to make more decisions about pvp.