Very disappointed in Digital Deluxe items. Not as Advertised.

Hexplosive

deluxe and ce items in any mmo have always been vanity items, they aren't meant to give you an advantage in the game. if you thought otherwise, you misread the information and brought in your own assumptions and expectations.

At what point in the post you quoted did the poster mention anything that relates to your response.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish never bought CE, not worth it. All the items given ingame is total garbage.

Only things that are cool is the speeder and the mod gear, but hey it does not scale so it only really saves you some credits and that is about it. If the speeder was scalable and the mod system/gear wasn't so unpolished + buggy: might be worth the 190 bucks I paid for it.

Yea the training droid is total false advertising. Plus the holo camera? LOL! Just zoom in to first person, hit button combo to remove UI, bam! Same thing, but better control.

For those w/o CE access to the upper area; DON'T even bother paying 1.5 mill; nothing up there even worth the cost. You can buy a same lookin speeder else where.

Wish never bought CE, not worth it. All the items given ingame is total garbage.

Only things that are cool is the speeder and the mod gear, but hey it does not scale so it only really saves you some credits and that is about it. If the speeder was scalable and the mod system/gear wasn't so unpolished + buggy: might be worth the 190 bucks I paid for it.

Yea the training droid is total false advertising. Plus the holo camera? LOL! Just zoom in to first person, hit button combo to remove UI, bam! Same thing, but better control.

For those w/o CE access to the upper area; DON'T even bother paying 1.5 mill; nothing up there even worth the cost. You can buy a same lookin speeder else where.

I disagree. I think the staue is very cool, the artbook and the music cd are nice also. Tell me where else you can legally get the music? I do think the DDE is more of a dissapointment though, that I agree with.

With the CE, you gut tangilble stuff plus some somewhat useful stuff in the game.

I disagree. I think the staue is very cool, the artbook and the music cd are nice also. Tell me where else you can legally get the music? I do think the DDE is more of a dissapointment though, that I agree with.

With the CE, you gut tangilble stuff plus some somewhat useful stuff in the game.

I agree. This CE (both in-game items and the physical swag) is far better than any other CE package I've seen.

I agree with everything the original poster said except letting the DDE people buy the other virtual items for a little bit more in price. The CE people already spent a ton of money on their edition because that stuff was not going to be available otherwise, and if that were to suddenly change after everyone spent that money, it would cause a huge backlash.

So on that front, I'm sorry, but you picked which edition to buy knowing what it came with.

Now, there is something I'm pissed about, they lied with the digital items, for example the training droid:

Training Droid (Virtual Pet)

A small but advanced training droid to hover at your side for combat assistance.

That's what it said in the pre-order page, but the item is not a PET THAT HOVERS AT MY SIDE, it's a target marker or something like that. It's not even a pet at all.

Why did they lied?

This. Deal with it.

Is it ok if I sell you a BMW that turns out to be a skateboard with a broken wheel and then when you complain how i lied, I will just tell you to "deal with it"? The point is that items like the training droid were sold to us under a false pretense. I find it hard to believe that with all the time Bioware had to get this game ready no one said. "hey, it's not really a pet, is it?".

It's this lack of attention to detail that is pissing me off. If you want to apologize for them and say that the rest of the game is amazing, fine, but what does that show about a company that is more worried about getting your money than delivering what they promised.:mad:

What were you expecting the training droid to do? Act as a second companion and add dps to the fights?

That'd be pure pay to win, and everyone would need one just to compete.

I expect it to do what the add for the CE told me it would.

Firstly: I love SWtOR. I am enjoying the game thoroughly with friends.

I am however very very disappointed in the digital deluxe items. Specifically: The training droid is -not- as advertised. In the comparison chart here http://buy.swtor.com/us/ you can see and click on the training droid question button. The training droid is listed as a virtual pet that will hover at your side to assist in combat. Instead we got a silly item that does NOT act as a pet and can just be used to float around an enemy. The training droid is nigh on useless this way. Enemies die so fast whats the point? Please please reconsider this Bioware and give us our training droid as the virtual pet it was promised as.

Also the STAP transport is disappointing too. The STAP has gorgeous artwork and is an awesome transport but becomes useless very quickly as it is only a 90% mount. Between the pre-order color crystal and the STAP our big ticket items are useless by level 20 and 40, its very very disappointing. Please consider making the STAP scale with our riding level. (Would also have loved to see color crystals be just that.. color crystals, not stat crystals)

And the color crystal... is even more useless than it was rendered when it became a stat stone. With the item modification system now most items you receive in low levels cannot have their color crystal changed.. by the time you get to use your fancy pre-order color crystal it is nearly obsolete. Please consider at least letting all weapons have a color crystal mod slot... even greens.

Again, I love SWTOR. I know a lot of people (especially CE buyers) Will think that the extra 20 dollars spent on the digital deluxe is nothing.. but I also know there are a LOT of people to whom 20 dollars is a lot... we'd really like our 20 dollars worth and at the very least get the items we were promised (i.e the training droid virtual pet)

As a little side note: Did not want the full collector's edition. Nice as it is it was very expensive for a lot of real life items we have nowhere to stash.. BUT would have loved if the Digital Deluxe choice had come with the option to purchase the digital in game store access. I am really sad to get to the VIP lounge and find CE people have a cool in game store but DD people have nothing but a couple benches.... please give us a chance to pay 5 or 8 dollars or something for access to the cool virtual items.

edit: a Link to the training droid picture http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/525/trainingdroid.png/

~Ivy

Don't extract them from the email and keep the email. Virtual bank. I took the wristband.

What this basically boils down to with the training droid is that there is a breach of trust between the consumer and Bioware. If they will lie to you now, what makes you think they won't do it again. A buck or two for a vanity pet may not seem like much but it adds upand the winner is Bioware.

What this basically boils down to with the training droid is that there is a breach of trust between the consumer and Bioware. If they will lie to you now, what makes you think they won't do it again. A buck or two for a vanity pet may not seem like much but it adds upand the winner is Bioware.

My sentiments exactly. The item description on the training droid was flat-out deceptive. It doesn't hover at your side. In fact, I have never even gotten to really see it because it can only be used on enemies.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Edited by belialle

Meh not the first thing they've lied about. There was the whole Grace period fiasco. First there was one then there wasn't, and now there is again. Same with the CE vendor: "It will have cosmetic armor sets and customizations." Well it does, but certainly not in the plural.

Bioware is failing admirably at communicating.

So you basically feel jipped because you can't walk around like a rooster strutting the fact you paid an extra $90 on a video game?

Really? Reallyreally?

Also, did you miss the part where they said the CE store would be updated regularly with new items?

[Edit] Also, how unique is it when every CE owner in the game can use the items? Keep in mind that the CE was sold out...

So, Basically, you didn't pay the extra 90 dollars so wouldn't have to strut around like a rooster? Do you like getting lied to?

Really? Reallyreallyreally?

Also, did you miss the part where they said one thing and delivered another?

[Edit] What do you care? Do you even have a horse in this race or just trolling during the 2 hour wait to get on swtor?

The training droid and STAP are the biggest disappointment to me. They need to change the droid ASAP to a pet, and the STAP needs to level with us..

Not much else to say, make it right Bioware.

Edit: Back to the droid. Why would a training droid hover around an enemy anyways?? It only seems right that it should (as originally intended), follow the player around.

Edited by Olesk

I think the description of the droid is really deceptive. Games like Rift and WoW (and I'm sure others) often include mini-pets (non-combat/vanity pets) with special editions, and I thought that's exactly what was indicated with the description.

A mini-pet for fun - not to aid in fighting or help with the game in any way -- was a major plus for buying 3 x the digital deluxe edition. My kiddo collects mini-pets in multiple games, and I wanted to start us all off with a fun addition to what I hoped was a game feature.

I expected the droid to be the pet hovering at our side as it was described, not taking up room in my cargo hold.

I think the description of the droid is really deceptive. Games like Rift and WoW (and I'm sure others) often include mini-pets (non-combat/vanity pets) with special editions, and I thought that's exactly what was indicated with the description.

A mini-pet for fun - not to aid in fighting or help with the game in any way -- was a major plus for buying 3 x the digital deluxe edition. My kiddo collects mini-pets in multiple games, and I wanted to start us all off with a fun addition to what I hoped was a game feature.

I expected the droid to be the pet hovering at our side as it was described, not taking up room in my cargo hold.

Ooops, didn't you see at the CE store that there is a pet like that? IT GOES FOR 25,000 credits. AND NOT WHAT THEY ADVERTISED - I CRY FALSE ADVERTISING...