BT/Ess Veteran mode gives 0 CXP

jyungle

Upon mission completion of either BT or Ess veteran mode, there is no CXP granted. Story and master mode give a CXP grant upon completion. I cannot find any other mission(not counting companion dialogs) that give 0 CXP, most give 50 CXP minimum

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm that as well. Yesterday for the first time in a long time we tried to do veteran mode BT and aside of boss cxp we did not receive the end mission cxp award. We repeated it, still did not get it.

I believe it's by design. You can be brain-dead and beat BT/SLS veteran solo with a level 17 character and rank 1 companion, so why should a level 70 get any special reward for it? (You still get the CXP packs dropped from the bosses though.)

If that is the case, then why do the starter area missions give CXP, if a level 70 goes back to do them? and why does story mode BT give more CXP?.

I sent a bug report about it on day one to customer support, and the reply I got via email was that they were as mystified about it as me, and forwarded my ticket to the bug department. They also advised me to do a /bug report to them myself, which I did.

Because 3000+ CXP from level 10 content is way too much. Content where you can't die.

Not to even mention that you don't even need heals in there. I've completed both flashpoints before solo mode was added at level 14-17 with multiple different combos: dps+dps comp, dps+tank comp, dps+healer comp, tank+dps comp (back when companions only had one role).

Edited by Halinalle

• Dev Post

As some others in the thread have guessed, getting 0 CXP from Black Talon and Esseles is intended. The reason is that they are not balanced for level 70 characters and so CXP was not applied to their completion.

That being said, we realize this inconsistency can be confusing and so the team is discussing if changes are warranted.

Thanks.

-eric

As some others in the thread have guessed, getting 0 CXP from Black Talon and Esseles is intended. The reason is that they are not balanced for level 70 characters and so CXP was not applied to their completion.

That being said, we realize this inconsistency can be confusing and so the team is discussing if changes are warranted.

Thanks.

-eric

So whats the point of people, other than new players do this FP? remove it from the level 70 group finder.

Thanks.

-eric

Is that also the reason why Veteran and Master Mode Black Talon / Esseles are not in the Group Finder anymore? Or were too many people complaining that their teammates don't spacebar through the conversations fast enough?

Thanks.

-eric

Eric,

If this is the case, then WHY does the STORY mode grant CXP at the end? Right now, VETERAN is the only one that does not grant CXP mission reward at the end. If you take it away from VET mode because the FP was not balanced for 70, then it should stand to reason that the STORY mode also needs to go.

Also, why wasn't this noted in the patch notes? Can we please make sure that changes like this are noted in the patch notes so we are not wasting our time with bug reports.

Edited by jmmiracle

This is the point I have been trying to get across. But most people flame the post without reading the context.

They cut the CXP from BT Veteran, as they state its to easy. To be honest I have to agree with them, it was easy.

What makes me howl with laughter is you get CXP from the mission on story mode. 500cxp if I remember correctly...and you get a robot to help you!

Story mode gives about 150-200 CXP more then Veteran, approximately, even though its even easier. That's assuming you kill all the mobs, do the bonus mission etc. That's also taking into account the packs are slightly lower in CXP. And without you DS/LS bonus being active. Or having a booster pack active.

I hope they come up with a solution soon. Whether its giving a base CXP the same as story mode. Or making Vet mode more balanced for a level 70 to solo, while still being a challenge.

Yeah, this doesn't seem right. Are you sure that they didn't intend to nerf story mode and not veteran, Eric? It makes no sense that the harder version doesn't give any CXP but the easier one does. Especially if the rationale is, "it was too easy." By that logic, story mode should be giving negative exp. :p Honestly though, i don't understand the reasoning behind having ANY activity at level 70 give 0 CXP. It seems like all activities that involve combat should award something, even if it's only a small amount.

So whats the point of people, other than new players do this FP? remove it from the level 70 group finder.

Easy social points. Or at least it used to be. Got less than a 100 last time we ran it.

Thanks.

-eric

This is the kind of info that should always be in patch notes. Sure, you'll receive negative feedback, but you'd eliminate most of the bug reports about it. Be up front with the player base. Sweeping things under the rug always seems shady.

Because 3000+ CXP from level 10 content is way too much. Content where you can't die.

Not to even mention that you don't even need heals in there. I've completed both flashpoints before solo mode was added at level 14-17 with multiple different combos: dps+dps comp, dps+tank comp, dps+healer comp, tank+dps comp (back when companions only had one role).

Easy ... yes. It still takes almost 20 minutes to complete if you spacebar (I don't know why people wouldn't) and you do the bare minimum to trigger the bonus boss.

IMO, they gave us an RNG gearing grind that most people hate ... especially people that used to play multiple toons. Players, like they always do, find the easiest way to grind. When the devs say, "no" to these players, it leaves a bitter taste. Sometimes it's nice to have an easy option for classes (alts) you don't like doing the group content with.

Obviously, you still get the packs. Whatever. I still play the game. Just not as much as I used to.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks.

-eric

Please let us know when the team decides if changes are warranted or not.

Thanks.

-eric

Does this apply to the solo version?

It's very telling that you fixed this, but those who choose to do veteran mode Esseles/BT do not get a speeder.

At any rate, congratulations on fixing Nar Shadaa player friendly bug, while Ziost and that wonderful invisible weapon bug for scoundrels and operatives remains unsolved.