Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why GXP is still character rather than legacy wide?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why GXP is still character rather than legacy wide?

Slowpokeking
06.15.2018 , 11:53 AM | #1
It would be much better to make it legacy wide so ppl don't have to worry about using different characters.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Andryah
06.15.2018 , 11:57 AM | #2
Discussed to death already, and clearly not going to happen.

On a more general note.. at the pace you are going in the forum.. you may soon qualify for your very own personal sub-forum for filing your personal complaints/wants/needs.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

Slowpokeking
06.15.2018 , 12:17 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Discussed to death already, and clearly not going to happen.

On a more general note.. at the pace you are going in the forum.. you may soon qualify for your very own personal sub-forum for filing your personal complaints/wants/needs.
There indeed are many stuff to change, we should get a major overhaul patch.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Ld-Siris
06.15.2018 , 01:47 PM | #4
Well I may not exactly agree that CXP should be legacy as it is just post game XP bar for your characters, I do believe they should have added a CXP bonus to the guild like the regular xp and reputation bonus guilds have.

BlazeTomahawk
06.15.2018 , 02:02 PM | #5
Makes sense to me to be character specific, since higher levels get better grade gear. A guy who just hit 70 shouldn’t get the same rewards as the character who grinded out 300 levels of cxp

JattaGin
06.15.2018 , 02:49 PM | #6
GXP = CXP?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Ld-Siris
06.15.2018 , 03:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
GXP = CXP?
That is what I assumed.

Andryah
06.15.2018 , 05:36 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
Well I may not exactly agree that CXP should be legacy as it is just post game XP bar for your characters.....
Yeah.. next the OP will want regular XP to be legacy wide as well.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

BarbarikDave
06.15.2018 , 10:56 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
It would be much better to make it legacy wide so ppl don't have to worry about using different characters.
Probably because they want you to actually work to get different characters to that level? I mean it's an MMO, grinding is a staple in them. It might not be fun to do but it's something you have to do if you want to get multiple characters to 300 and that's how it should stay. They give plenty of cxp buffs if you work for it and after the first 4 different non-mirrored classes you get there, you get an extra 100% boost to anyone else under 300. Asking for this to be legacy wide is like asking for every character you make to start at 70 because you have 1 character there. It isn't going to happen and it rightfully shouldn't. Instead I implore you to ask for more CXP buffs and double xp/cxp events. Get enough people asking for those and they'll likely take it under consideration.
David Aurelia | Ventorus Aurelia
"There is no ignorance, there is knowledge."

STAR FORGE - Tython Giveaway Event <- Click it.

Jdast
06.15.2018 , 11:17 PM | #10
I'm in a snarky mood, so I'll be blunt:

Gearing is so easy now, including for alts, that it is difficult to entertain ideas to make it easier / less time consuming.

Dasty