Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unwanted Alliance Alerts and Iokath Op Mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unwanted Alliance Alerts and Iokath Op Mission

Sarova
06.14.2018 , 02:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
Something such as being able to right-click an alert and "hide/deactivate" alert which nukes the constant blink, would be nice enough.
Plus another 1 for this. That blinking alert is making me considering queuing for ECT. It's worse than the galaxy map icon alert that blinks when you start a character now even though you can't do anything about it until you get your ship - at least you know at some point you can get rid of that annoyance. There is too much blink/can abandon madness and it's a bane for those of us with obsessive traits!
Quinn Treats™ ♥
6.0: more ♥ Quinn ♥ Aric ♥ Theron ♥ Doc ♥ please
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Batwer
06.14.2018 , 03:22 PM | #22
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ I agree with that.
Für Neueinsteiger und Rückkehrer:
klick mich: http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

Tahana
06.14.2018 , 06:54 PM | #23
Something such as being able to right-click an alert and "hide/deactivate" alert which nukes the constant blink, would be nice enough.
This.. Bioware you listening?? Please for the sake of my sanity..
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

JattaGin
06.15.2018 , 05:16 AM | #24
My suggestion:

A new recruitment mission shows up in the companions window. There is only a short info about it and the button which now starts the mission becomes a "Tell me more" button.

You click on it and a new window pops up, maybe inspired by the tutorial-window layout.

In this new window you get a picture from whoever found this possible recruit (e. g. Aygo or the Dr.) and the information text which is currently shown in the companion window.

At the bottom of the window you have three buttons:

1. Start recruitment now

2. Noted, will handle it later

3. Not interested, put to file 13

-->

1. starts the mission as the button does now

2. moves the mission to a new category at the bottom of the companion window, something like "possible companions" (the yellow blinking icon will be gone)

3. deletes the recruitment mission for good
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Tanuk
06.15.2018 , 08:43 AM | #25
I've been wanting the ability to abandon certain missions forced on us since the level cap was still 50. I REALLY disliked seeing that Ilum mission in my log with no way to be rid of it. So this would be a wonderful thing to be able to do.
Quote: Originally Posted by PlayLoud View Post
"I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the troll threads... but the good threads, and the funny ones too. They're like animals! And I slaughtered them like animals! I hate them!"

Everrgreen
06.15.2018 , 01:17 PM | #26
I'd like to be able to hide/decline alerts. There's several I don't intend to do but the blinking of the icon each time bugs me, and seeing the untouched alerts makes me a little OCD.
This is about where I'm at on this too, so +1 to OP

Ld-Siris
06.15.2018 , 01:38 PM | #27
For me its not that I don't want to do the OP its that I can't. I like doing OPs now and then for story but I don't have a guild that does them. I'm mainly a PvP. But as many casual players may not be able to get a OPs group I can't see why this is tied to a story mission. Not only that, as I've seen around the forums, people that set up pug Ops never even run this op.

Everrgreen
06.15.2018 , 04:19 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
For me its not that I don't want to do the OP its that I can't. I like doing OPs now and then for story but I don't have a guild that does them. I'm mainly a PvP. But as many casual players may not be able to get a OPs group I can't see why this is tied to a story mission. Not only that, as I've seen around the forums, people that set up pug Ops never even run this op.
OP is not OPs or Operations, it means Original Poster = the person who began the thread.

Ld-Siris
06.15.2018 , 06:03 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Everrgreen View Post
OP is not OPs or Operations, it means Original Poster = the person who began the thread.
I know when op means original poster, operation, operative, and over powered. I was talking about the iokath operation quest that the original poster commented on as well as put in the title of this thread, and not responding to your previos post. Otherwise I would have quoted you.

casirabit
06.16.2018 , 02:21 PM | #30
Add Ilum to the list as well. You can't abandon it.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj