Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unwanted Alliance Alerts and Iokath Op Mission

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Unwanted Alliance Alerts and Iokath Op Mission

Sarova
06.14.2018 , 07:08 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Victor_Nite View Post
Also, I used be able to abandon the Iokath Op line that they just thrust upon you like everyone wants to do it. Which I don't. I have no interest in Operations. Thus, it just sits there "untracked", but I still know it's there and I won't do it. So it'd be nice to be able to abandon it or at least let it fade away after reaching a certain point. Meh
I sent a PM about the unwanted OPs quest to Keith on 1st Sept 2017 & he replied that it (as well as the other things I raised) were good points and he would pass it on to the Dev team. I suspect now that the Dev team is depleted, it's not high on their list I'm getting really annoyed with that OPs quest being forced on me. The quest chain is designed in such a way that you can't avoid it. The ability to abandon it would be great.

As for the alliance alerts I don't want +1 for an option to delete those too.
Quinn Treats
"You really do not have all the cups in the cupboard anymore"
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

Tahana
06.14.2018 , 07:39 AM | #12
+1 on the alerts..
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to
what lies within us. - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Damask_Rose
06.14.2018 , 10:40 AM | #13
Adding my +1! I don't mind the ones we have, but I strenuously object to dark side Jaesa when my Jaesa is light side. I would rather have no Jaesa at all than the wrong one.

IoNonSoEVero
06.14.2018 , 11:12 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
Adding my +1! I don't mind the ones we have, but I strenuously object to dark side Jaesa when my Jaesa is light side. I would rather have no Jaesa at all than the wrong one.
Yeah, if the AA is for DS Jaesa only, I'm just not going to do it and it's going to sit ignored in my companion console.

LS Jaesa annoys me because she thinks my SW is a secret Jedi (um, no) but that's the companion my Sith Warriors had, and that's the one they want back. I have no interest in getting the DS Jaesa instead.

I do have one Sith Warrior who has DS Jaesa, and even with her...I really don't miss DS Jaesa or want her back.

JennyFlynn
06.14.2018 , 11:19 AM | #15
I'd like to be able to hide/decline alerts. There's several I don't intend to do but the blinking of the icon each time bugs me, and seeing the untouched alerts makes me a little OCD.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------

Jdast
06.14.2018 , 11:25 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JennyFlynn View Post
I'd like to be able to hide/decline alerts. There's several I don't intend to do but the blinking of the icon each time bugs me, and seeing the untouched alerts makes me a little OCD.
I think hiding vs. declining alerts is the better route here. My reason for that is my faith that if someone permanently declines an alert, they will change their mind or claim they made a mistake. Also, I don't rule out that people actually can / do change their mind.

My evidence for this is people regretting the original version of the kill option for Quinn many Alderannian Moons ago.

I'm all for choices 'mattering' but if someone claims a mistake, customer service will have extra work to do.

More broadly, I think we should be able to hide companions we do have (but know we won't use) and sort the list in an order we prefer.

Dasty

IoNonSoEVero
06.14.2018 , 11:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I think hiding vs. declining alerts is the better route here. My reason for that is my faith that if someone permanently declines an alert, they will change their mind or claim they made a mistake. Also, I don't rule out that people actually can / do change their mind.

My evidence for this is people regretting the original version of the kill option for Quinn many Alderannian Moons ago.

I'm all for choices 'mattering' but if someone claims a mistake, customer service will have extra work to do.

More broadly, I think we should be able to hide companions we do have (but know we won't use) and sort the list in an order we prefer.

Dasty
That's true. Someone might just not want the alerts blinking at them now but might want to come back to them later. Letting people hide them or choose "not right now" would be easier.

For the Op, seems as though they could always institute a terminal so people could pick up the Iokath Op again if they change their mind.

I agree about wanting to toggle and sort companions. Especially the list of 'unavailable'/dead companions. Please let me hide that. It's annoying to scroll past a list of people I either killed off or only had as temporary companions for a chapter. You can collapse it but it's right there the next time you go through the list.

BlueWanderer
06.14.2018 , 11:50 AM | #18
It must make sense to someone at BW that they have a limited number of mission you can have in your log, auto start some missions that not everyone will want to do, and then not make them abandonable....

The issue has been around since Ilum/Makeb and they just keep adding more and more missions automatically without increasing the max for the mission log...

We puny players just don't understand.

OldVengeance
06.14.2018 , 12:37 PM | #19
Charles has already said he has plans for LS Jaesa. People really need to calm down about not getting her.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post

Dasty
Yes sure that's a good point, but I just desperately want something to make the light stop blinking.

JennyFlynn
06.14.2018 , 12:44 PM | #20
Something such as being able to right-click an alert and "hide/deactivate" alert which nukes the constant blink, would be nice enough.
--------{---({@ Defiant Devotion | Defying Destiny | SWTOR Prompt Oneshots @}}>---}-------