Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Redesign obsolete PvP Chivos

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Redesign obsolete PvP Chivos

psandak
06.17.2018 , 07:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
IMO, it is.

I'm not sure what burden achievements place on the game, but I would prefer it if they removed all percentages from our achievement lists. I get tired of reading arguments from people that claim to be "completionists." Achievements, IMO, should never be 100% complete. There should always be another tier to grind after, at least with some of the more general achievements. Why should I be "done with" Tatooine or Belsavis?

So from my point of view there should be achievements that are unlikely to be earned. I disagree with the notion that "well this guy can't obtain this achievement so we should remove it from the game" unless it's due to a bug within the game (an even that should only require a bug fix).
I like this idea : every achievement should unlock a new achievement to reach for.

Personally, I could care less. If I get an achievement great, if I don't so be it; I have NEVER sought any achievement in ANY game I have EVER played. I understand why they exist, but I do not fall into that category of player. Most of the players I know are either like me or they want specific achievements for the specific rewards they confer, but only a few actively seek to hit that mystical 100% mark.
The Ortzid Legacy on The Harbinger
Car'beerd (Guardian) Dalkery (Scoundrel) Blairnah (Sage) Daellia (Merc) and 11 other characters
Understanding Crew Skills / High End Schematics / Best Crew Skills / Crew Skill Money Making / Reverse Engineering Rules / SWTOR Story to date

DartEsk
06.18.2018 , 05:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Yeah I agree, people who went thru the trouble to get those acheivments shouldn't have them taken away from them.
I'm not proposing to remove those, i propose to redesign them to fit current game realities, like they did with healing/damaging pvp chivos.

DartEsk
06.18.2018 , 05:18 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
The difference is people who do NiM actually get the NiM achievements.
Indeed, no prob to get any NiM chivo, you can just buy them, if you are not enough skillful to raid NiM's.

merovejec
06.18.2018 , 06:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
ask Merejovic what he has left now.
Geez at least spell the name right
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

merovejec
06.18.2018 , 06:46 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by BRKMSN View Post
should never be 100% complete. There should always be another tier to grind after, at least with some of the more general achievements. Why should I be "done with" Tatooine or Belsavis?
Actually, so far there was only one point of the game where 100% was possible and thats what you can find in my signature. Before that there was always a bug that hindered people to get 100%, now its the same case.

The good thing about an online MMO is the constant Content update (please dont laught, Bioware is really trying), so you always have something new to do. Sure achievements are added to various areas, but there is stuff they can add to "Locations" for example, we never know.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

merovejec
06.18.2018 , 06:49 AM | #16
Now to the topic (that keeps on poping up more and more)....

I am for keeping the achievements as they are! Its very much possible to get these and if you want look up the discord channel which is dedicated to get them (cant wait for Rafi to pop in here claiming how we ruin other peoples games) and its working. We have more and more people.

I myself am working on Yavin since its the only one I miss and its easy to do as when you que rep side on Darth Malgus you mostly get cross faction wzs because of lack of reps in que. So its either Odessen, Yavin or an arena. Every match I try and see how far I get. So again, it is possible, you just have to focus it, its an achievement after all, you dont get it by standing around doing nothing! I wouldnt change something, which is still attainable!
Merovejec
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

DartEsk
06.18.2018 , 07:53 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Its very much possible to get these and if you want look up the discord channel which is dedicated to get them (cant wait for Rafi to pop in here claiming how we ruin other peoples games) and its working. We have more and more people.
What's the channel?

I'm pretty sure they are impossible in "fair play", especially 10 solo kills. Ofc If you get 16 ppl, made 4 groups and pop the wz for just doing chivos...

Btw, how did you get "Mind your step(Master)" achi?

merovejec
06.18.2018 , 09:03 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DartEsk View Post
What's the channel?

I'm pretty sure they are impossible in "fair play", especially 10 solo kills. Ofc If you get 16 ppl, made 4 groups and pop the wz for just doing chivos...

Btw, how did you get "Mind your step(Master)" achi?
Yes, lets not start the "fair play" discussion, its too early in the morning for that. And yes, you are starting to get the picture on how to get those!

As for "Mind your Step" check Bug section I explained it today already to one person.
Merovejec
Achievements 5.9.3 67140

kodrac
06.18.2018 , 12:23 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DartEsk View Post
Those folks who already did these cheevos using multiboxing or another not so fair way will not lose em
Wrong. Troll post is troll.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Eloi_BG
06.18.2018 , 01:05 PM | #20
I agree some of the achievements are dumb. You need some special kind of match/retarded opposition to get 10 solo kills even if you are the best player to have ever played the game. I'd be curious to meet anyone who got the 10 solo kills for - is it 20 matches to get all the cheevos? - in all the warzones without using any kind of pre-planned strategy that goes against the spirit of PVP (multiboxing, farming friends/guildies).

Even the 55 kills and 20 killing blows ones can be pretty rare now with all the healers and DCDs, and people used to farm them in lowbies, which don,t pop all that much anymore. Still, even though I think they are a bit overtuned, I don't really mind them, it's just the 10 solo kills that is really out of place.
Nemio the Acceptable Player