Time Card Questions

Danquethousand

Just bought a 90 day time card, had a few questions. When the ninety days is over, will I be a preferred player, or go back to f2p? Second, if I do go back to f2p, will I keep access to higher level toons (Those above 60), and the expansions? Finally, if I revert to f2p, and I have more than 1 crew skill, will it auto-unlearn them, or will they stay as learned skills. The information I've found regarding this has been varied, so I was hoping for some concrete answers, thanks in advance. Edited by Danquethousand

Just bought a 90 day time card, had a few questions. When the ninety days is over, will I be a preferred player, or go back to f2p? Second, if I do go back to f2p, will I keep access to higher level toons (Those above 60), and the expansions? Finally, if I revert to f2p, and I have more than 1 crew skill, will it auto-unlearn them, or will they stay as learned skills. The information I've found regarding this has been varied, so I was hoping for some concrete answers, thanks in advance.

1. You'll be preferred.
  2. You will keep access to your characters, including those that are premium species (ex, make a Chiss now and you'll still be able to play it later, but won't be able to make new Chiss), but because the number of character slots you have will decrease you may not be able to activate all of your characters (when your account downgrades all of your characters will become inactive and will need to be reactivated before you can play them). You will also keep access to (almost) all content that you currently have (Section X on Belsavis will become locked).
  3. As a preferred you will only have access to 2 crew skills. If a character has 3 they will be barred from using their crew skills until you choose one to drop, but they will not drop automatically. The one that you drop will, if you relearn it later, be reset to 0 and you'll have to level it again.

Tip, use a referral link. That will get you a Preferred Friends Bundle that includes:

• Unlock: Inventory Module - F2P and preferred can only unlock a few (2 or 3, IIRC) inventory modules with credits.
  • Unlock: Crew Skill Slot - as a preferred you get 2 crew skill slots. This will give you a third.
  • Customization Control: Display Titles
  • Customization Control: Unify Colors

The bundle is delivered to all characters, current and future. I'm unsure if you can use a referral link now, since you're subbed, and get the Preferred Friends Bundle. You may have to wait until after your sub time runs out, and possibly 90-days after that. If you have already used a referral link and received the Jumpstart Bundle then you won't be able to use one for at least 90-days, and possible not until 90-days after your sub runs out.

3. As a preferred you will only have access to 2 crew skills. If a character has 3 they will be barred from using their crew skills until you choose one to drop, but they will not drop automatically. The one that you drop will, if you relearn it later, be reset to 0 and you'll have to level it again.

You have to *deactivate* one of them. If you actually drop one, you'll have to relearn it, but if you deactivate it then when you use the unlock to open the third (or when you resubscribe), it becomes available again at its previous level.