Get ready for Clown College Online

Heezdedjim

I am amused to see some of the hideous color combos they put on display to "showcase" the dye modules in the promo screenshots. What's more amusing is that you can now selectively dye each piece of gear with any one of these yet unrevealed 48 new dye modules. Many will no doubt take this opportunity to apply pleasing uniform shades to all their gear. Some will not.

And some will be colorblind. They will be the lucky ones.

Think of it this way: we get a new screenshot thread.

Clown College: Misadventures in Dye Modules

Have you seen Guild Wars 2's customization options? At least there's always going to be an attempt to keep things somewhat within Star Wars style.

I had a chocolate coat with pastel pink highlights on my Ranger and he looked awesome!

Edited by Tatile

Was "Boiware" on purpose? I hope so.

But I LIKE the Quagaan backpacks....

I'm sorry, it really wasn't. But hey, given how many slave armours there are in the game and the romance disparity, it could be Broware :p

I haven't played GW2 in ages, by the way, just a few quick glimpses on Dulfy now and then. I like the customization options and the way they handled loot and nodes in the world was really good, but it just didn't capture my interest *shrugs*

But then, Guild Wars was never very super-serious seriousness all the time, whereas Bioware are somewhat relying on immersion for their sale (as much as one can in an MMO.)

Edit: A Jawa backpack would just be a Jawa healer strapped to your back.

Powertech tank? Launch into battle with your own pocket healer! Utinni!

Edited by Tatile

Here's my view on things, and it's a simplistic one at that. (But then, I'm a simple - and simple-minded - kinda guy. ;) ) If the dye modules I have available to me via my Artificer, the CE vendor and - I think, though I could be wrong - the VIP vendor make me smile or giggle when I preview them, then I'm gonna use them. Don't matter if it means putting my Sentinel in Lime Green or my Juggernaut in Neon Pink. What makes me smile is getting used.

Brace yourselves.

Black or white dyed armors, in the hundreds, are coming.

Shyeah, right!

Since Black and White and combos of those will likely be found in Cartel Packs only, I don't believe it will be as common as you might think. Only the lucky few and multimillionaires that can afford the inevitable GTN price gouge will have those.

More likely the cheaper, crafted dyes will be the most common and will come in the lame shades of beige and lime and pink and other colors people are generally trying to get rid of when they are thinking of dying their outfits.

:cool:

I am amused to see some of the hideous color combos they put on display to "showcase" the dye modules in the promo screenshots.

The color combos in the promo are Blue & Gold, Red & Gold, Silver, Purple & Pink, Red & Blue, Black & Red, Black & Blue, and Black. Those are "hideous" color combos? Perhaps I don't have your credentials as celebrity stylist or whatever other qualifications you may have, but those all seem like pretty standard color combos.

What's more amusing is that you can now selectively dye each piece of gear with any one of these yet unrevealed 48 new dye modules. Many will no doubt take this opportunity to apply pleasing uniform shades to all their gear. Some will not.

Not sure the basis for the Chicken Little comment here. People can already dress their characters in a tacky fashion if they want....and no one is forced to unify colors to chestpiece. If people want mismatched, then they can do that now in the again. People were calling for armor dyes since beta-testing precisely because this game WAS "clown college" at launch. Unless you had an entire set of the same armor, you had no option but to look mismatched. Now, you can unify to chest but if you're wearing pieces from different sets, they still don't necessarily come out looking the greatest.....pants are one that comes to mind. It makes absolute sense to give people the option to color their boots or pants without forcing them to color the entire outfit the same color. Again, this may go against your celebrity stylist background, but sometimes it looks better if the entire outfit isn't the exact same color....a little contrast can be good.

Clown college was fixed when they added the "unify color" option.

Exactly.

Brace yourselves.

Black or white dyed armors, in the hundreds, are coming.

Wait a sec....which is it? You've got one guy claiming everyone is going to dress like clowns and another guy claiming that everyone is going to dress all white or all black. Two completely opposite, incompatible predictions. The reality lies in the middle.

Since Black and White and combos of those will likely be found in Cartel Packs only, I don't believe it will be as common as you might think. Only the lucky few and multimillionaires that can afford the inevitable GTN price gouge will have those.

The initial colors won't even been in the packs.....they will be for sale on the CM. The packs are designed way ahead of time. Anything beyond the first 48 colors could be in packs only....or the packs could contain duplicates of what you can buy off the CM. However, I think expecting black to only be available through packs is about as realistic as the people who predicted it would cost 3,000 to unlock the Cathar.

Wait a sec....which is it? You've got one guy claiming everyone is going to dress like clowns and another guy claiming that everyone is going to dress all white or all black. Two completely opposite, incompatible predictions. The reality lies in the middle.

What about the Monochrome Clown League? They role play "old school" (as in: before there were color computer displays... OOOOOOLLLLLDDD School). They need lovin's too you know. :p

Edited by Andryah

I wore all bright pink in gw2 on my male engineer charr, people stood there for 2 seconds thinking *** which gave me enough time to blow there brains out, looking wacky has its uses :D Edited by Shingara

I wore all bright pink in gw2 on my male engineer charr, people stood there for 2 seconds thinking *** which gave me enough time to blow there brains out, looking wacky has its uses :D

LOL... you bring psych warfare to new levels, don't you? :D