Raid-Wide Combat Logs, Ask Mr. Robot

XOR, nice link to taugrim, he's one of my favorite PVP sources :)

Hmmm, so the safe login doesn't have a zone attached, but you're not suggesting that it does. So let me rephrase and see if I understand: Your idea is to look for <safe login> <bolster> death, then rezone in would look like : <safe login><bolster> repeat. repeat, repeat... until we see <safe login> and no bolster. Is that correct?

Now it makes sense why you said there appears to be a bolster event in level 50 only warzones.

Just to clarify, when you die in PvP, your resurrection doesn't count as a re-zone. So you could search for a <Safe Login> followed by a <Bolster> to find the start of a Warzone, and match the following <Safe Login> (which is actually the re-zone back to wherever you where before you entered the PvP Warzone) for the end of that Warzone. I don't have enough PvP logs yet to determine if this is 100% reliable, but I'm sure parsing enough logs will uncover a reliable pattern that you can unleash your regex tricks on.

It would be nice if Bioware would just attach a zone ID to each Safe Login event. Something like [safe Login Alderaan Civil War Match #XXXX] would be really nice, because then we could merge logs based on different unique Warzone IDs with certainty.

Edited by XORDYH

One issue I've been having is merging my log with my guildies'. They play pacific, and I play EST, and I enter EST as the site says to, but because my log goes past midnight, it seems to cause an error. I get a negative value for the duration (negative 21 hours or something), and I can't seem to merge with them (I've merged before, not sure why it wouldn't work the past two times).

Caladax, have you tried it as of today? We released an update last night that took care of that - it was a bug that snuck in for a couple of days :( You might have to delete your log and reupload it. Your guildies logs won't need to be updated, just your's.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Caladax, have you tried it as of today? We released an update last night that took care of that - it was a bug that snuck in for a couple of days :( You might have to delete your log and reupload it. Your guildies logs won't need to be updated, just your's.

Let me know if you still have trouble.

A guildie used the log I sent him and it merged. I'll try again on sunday (our next raid day). Thanks for the info.

Why am I not seeing anything for Static Barrier in the healing logs? Dark Heal seems to be coming up missing too in a lot of cases.

Yes, we can all have a wonderous debate about whether Static Barrier is really a "heal" or not, but the reality is, it contributes significanlty to damage mitigation and should be reported, whether yuo consider it a "heal" or something else. Otherwise, one has no way of knowing how effective their use of it has been and cannot use the data to improve. A person who relies heavily on it versus someone who barely uses it will show up on the log as having lower HPS, but may have actually mitigated a lot more damage overall.

Edited by Blotter

Why am I not seeing anything for Static Barrier in the healing logs? Dark Heal seems to be coming up missing too in a lot of cases.

Yes, we can all have a wonderous debate about whether Static Barrier is really a "heal" or not, but the reality is, it contributes significanlty to damage mitigation and should be reported, whether yuo consider it a "heal" or something else. Otherwise, one has no way of knowing how effective their use of it has been and cannot use the data to improve. A person who relies heavily on it versus someone who barely uses it will show up on the log as having lower HPS, but may have actually mitigated a lot more damage overall.

I am under the impression that the reason NONE of the parsing sites include Static Barrier in the healing logs is because the LOGS THEMSELVES don't show it. There's no way to distinguish the absorb of a Static Barrier from some other absorb.

I am under the impression that the reason NONE of the parsing sites include Static Barrier in the healing logs is because the LOGS THEMSELVES don't show it. There's no way to distinguish the absorb of a Static Barrier from some other absorb.

Ah, well, that pretty much renders them useless for sorcs/sages as far as I'm concerned. I've seen several different play styles from good sorcs, some which rely heavily on the bubble and some which conceptualize it as more of an emergency tool...others somewhere in between. Someone relying on it heavily is going to post lower numbers and HPS than the latter if the only things considered by the combat log parsers are direct heals while ignoring bubble usage statistics. That kind of incomplete picture renders skewed logs that are virtually useless for someone who is wondering whether they should use the bubble more or use it less.

It initiates the GCD, and it's part of the healing output rotation, so using it without it registering and identified in the combat log lowers the HPS reported by the parser. And yet, it's essentially an instant set-it-and-forget-it heal that cannot overheal and mitigates 3000+ damage...so it's one of the most delicious and effective things a sorc/sage healer can do. In my opinion, it's a significant part of the rotation and its absence from the combat log parsers makes them very uninformative for us.

Not that it's your fault, because the parser is honestly awesome, it's just another complete mess up from BW...this time on the combat logs...so I'm just posting this on the off chance BW reads this and actually recognizes that I'm right hehe :D

Edited by Blotter

Also, I find it somewhat odd that this is the case. I mean, I can generally get my first medal in Huttball, for example, within like 3 seconds of the first screen door dropping because someone on my team got nipped by the fire trap with my bubble on them while running into position....so the game is clearly capable of detecting it. Now I begin to wonder whether it was a purposeful decision on BW's part to make them unlogged :(

This is a great tool. My guild is just starting to use it, and so far everyone seems happy with it. Will there be any guild leader functions added to this? Also, is there anything in the works to let us seperate fights without having to run new logs? We had to get an guildie to replace someone halfway through a run, the only problem was his daily questing showed up in the merged file as him being in the ops the whole time. Kinda skewed the numbers.

Trooperserv, what kind of guild leader functions would you want? Our approach behind the tool was to make it super easy for users and not require extra setup (like guild setup). So if you give an example of what you're looking to do, that would help.

As for the person's log who's questing showed up:

1. His questing should get logged under trash and not affect anything else. If you give me a link to the merged log, I'll take a look at it.

2. You can remove his log from the merged log so it doesn't mess up your data. When viewing the merged log, you'll see a button the right to edit it. You can kick his log out. Then ask him to delete his own log on our site. Then ask him to remove the questing part and re-upload it (or get him to send it to you so you can do it). If you have trouble with that, just let me know and I'll help you out.

Edited by Zoopercat

• 3 weeks later...

I have a request and am posting it here because I'm too lazy to register on your forums (I'm registered on the site, but apparently that isn't a shared login.) We regularly use your site for our raid-wide parses and while for the most part I love it there is one thing that drives me crazy...

Basically, can you please set up your healing parser to automatically exclude abilities like Force Lift that heal enemy NPCs as part of their CC effect? I can't think of a reason why anyone would want to have healing done to the enemy measured and it can massively inflate healing numbers. For example, in last night's NiM KP run our sage healer did 420k healing with "Lifted (Force)" which was fully 50% of the total healing attributed to him. It's not a huge deal but it hurts my ego to be seemingly so massively outhealed due to this little quirk ;)

I think there are less than a dozen such abilities in the game so hopefully adding a few lines of code to exclude each of them from the calculation for healing done will be relatively straight forward and it will make the at-a-glance healing stats much more meaningful (although overheal and the invisible bubbles will still render hps less meaningful than dps but those are things that a parser can't sort out, the logging system needs to be changed to account for those.)

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We've had some updates in the past few weeks:

1) Raid team rankings

2) Support for reading and merging foreign language logs

3) Support for uploading logs from SWMoniTOR (a live damage meter)

For anyone who uses our other tools, we've also updated our item database to include 1.3 items and changes. You should now be able to equip any item on your character and add augments to that gear, and so on.

• 10 months later...
***! Why is this thing offline??

Best Analyzer!

Because they really didn't have the time to keep it updated. The SWTOR section of their site wasn't performing very well in terms of traffic, so they've reprioritized.

The truth is that AMR was *never* the best analyzer in terms of data or even accuracy. Torparse is king there. What AMR did extremely well was group log merging, and I do miss that functionality. Torparse has gotten a lot better though, particularly with the client application. It's fairly easy to setup a group parse and then upload at the end of the day, and the analysis and statistics you get are much more comprehensive and better presented.