re cost and time tradeoffs to get Predator Mount

Carba

The drop probabilities posted on Reddit are about 1.7% drop rate of Emperor Chip on the Kingpin slot and 0.18$ drop for the Predator on the Emperor slot. These imply it will take roughly 500 Emperor chips to get a 50% chance of the Predator Mount. That's about a dozen a day for the duration of his year's Nightlife event. It seems farming some NPCs might be feasible and would take 8-12 hours a day it seems. In past years it was most economic to buy Smuggler's chips to produce the Kingpin chips and get the rare mount. That took me about 20 hours on the slots. This year that would take roughly 450 hours (i.e. about 10 hours a day for six weeks) starting on the Smuggler slots, moving to the Kingpin slots, and then to the Emperor slots. This generates about 1 Kingpin chip per minute. The cost of the Smuggler's chips would likely be between 100-200 million to get a Predator Mount. The brute force approach in past years was not necessary, but simply an economic choice. This year, buying Kingpin chips seems to be the only way to avoid spending 450 hours farming if you want the Predator mount badly enough. It appears possible to reduce the farming time to about 25 hours total by buying Kingpin chips. But, buying the 25,000 Kingpin chips needed, factoring in the free chips you get back, will likely cost over 1 billion credits. This implies those "free" Emperor chips from the missions and world drops are worth around 2 million each. Comments?

You are not factoring in the light and dark buffs from the Counterfeit Tokens missions, because they have been broken since PTS. Anyway, I think that the intent is that you would be using those Buffs to increase your chances.

Also, I haven’t seen anywhere if the Feeling Lucky buff from the Smuggler machines affects the kingpin and emperor machines or just the kingpin machines like previous years.