In a theoretical SWTOR movie, who should play...

Olicc

I'm bored at work, and started thinking about how they are changing the look of Lana Beniko in the new expansion, and how Daisy kind of looks like Jaina Solo....

Anyway...

Say they make a movie about SWTOR (which they wont, but just for the sake of discussion and a fun hunt for actors), who should play the following characters in a live action movie with no budget constraints.

Revan

Satele Shan

Malgus

Darth Marr

Lana Beniko

Theron Shan

I intentionally left out the main characters/player characters because they obviously look very different for each person, but feel free to add your thoughts on actors for other characters like companions or other story characters.

Keep in mind not only people who might look like them, but could also play the role; ie have at least enough athletic ability to look like they know how to fight and would be able to act well enough for the movie not to suck.

OK, let your google searches begin.

Revan - Christian Bale (tentatively. Maybe Leo?)

Satele Shan - Emily Blunt

Malgus - I want to say Hugo Weaving but he's a little thin. Maybe Dave Bautista?

Darth Marr - Karl Urban

Lana Beniko - Alice Eve (I think maybe Jen Lawrence might be good but I'm having serious doubts)

Theron Shan - James Marsden

Edited by Decension

Revan-Mark Ruffalo

Lana-Charlize Theron

Theron-Jeremy Renner

Jaesa-Scarlett Johansson

Satele-Ally Walker

Malgus-Vinnie Jones

Valkorian-Anthony Hopkins

i agree with most of this list

Ruffalo as revan would be weird.

vinnie jones would be great as malgus.

Anthony hopkins as Valkorian would be cool. in fact in the still images, i thought Valkorian looked a lot like hopkins. When I first saw the cinematic, he reminded me more of Liam Neeson.

Revan-Christian Bale

Satele Shan-Audrey Tautou

Darth Malgus-Tom Hardy

Darth Marr-Vin Diesel

Lana Beniko-Melanie Laurent

Theron Shan-Chris Pratt

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Darth Jadus-Ralph Fiennes

Darth Thanaton-George Clooney

Darth Baras-Jack Nicholson

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Dread Master Raptus-Christoph Waltz

Dread Master Bestia-Julia Roberts

Dread Master Tyrans-Jeff Bridges

Dread Master Styrak-Alan Rickman

Dread Master Calphayus-Gary Oldman

Dread Master Brontes-Kate Beckinsale

I actually think Kate Beckinsale would be better as Watcher 2

HA! some good ideas here

I think Karl Urban makes a better Theron than Marr, just because he's not a very large person. He actually makes a really good Theron.

I think Vinnie Jones would make a great Malgus or Marr

Oddly, I kind of dig Ruffalo as Revan though on paper it seems like it shouldn't work. Bale is a bit more obviously right for the roll, being the right general look and we know he can pull off action.

Naomi Watts as Zash is GREAT!!!

Melanie Laurent looks a lot like Lana, great find there, too.

I feel like Satele Shan needs to be a half Asian actress. She was modeled after Sno E. Blac who is half Korean, and half Asians tend to have a unique look to them. Unfortunately, I don't think Sno is old enough to play her for this time period. Lucy Liu is about the right age and we know from several movies she can kick ***, but being full Chinese she doesn't have that hapa look, either.

This would be my dream cast for SWTOR THE MOVIE...

I know some of these choices might not be the most popular either, but if they were to put on the performance of a lifetime I could see it working.

Revan-Keanu Reeves

Satele Shan-Megan Fox

Darth Malgus-Tom Hardy

Darth Marr- Hugo Weaving

Lana Beniko-Taylor Swift

Theron Shan-Jake Gylenhaal

Nico Okar-Josh Brolin

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Darth Jadus-Johnny Depp

Darth Thanaton-John Kerry

Darth Baras-Anthony Hopkins

Darth Zash-Rosamund Pike

Valkorian- Michael Nyquist

Edited by DARTHOSIRUS

I know some of these choices might not be the most popular either, but if they were to put on the performance of a lifetime I could see it working.

Revan-Keanu Reeves

Satele Shan-Megan Fox

Darth Malgus-Tom Hardy

Darth Marr- Hugo Weaving

Lana Beniko-Taylor Swift

Nico Okar-Josh Brolin

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Darth Jadus-Johnny Depp

Darth Zash-Rosamund Pike

Liking these:

Revan-Keanu Reeves

Darth Malgus-Tom Hardy

Hugo Weaving as Marr could work. He is tall enough, but his suite would have to add quite a bit of mass to him. But they did that with Michael Keaton's Batman suit so its doable. Love him as an actor. I approve.

Nico Okar-Josh Brolin - Nice idea to have him in the movie and I think your actor pick is spot on, as well.

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Darth Baras-Anthony Hopkins - Yep, perfect

I love Gylenhaal, but he's way better when he does dark roles like nightcrawler. I see Theron as a wanna be Han Solo character, so a skilled/trained, pragmatic spy who's a bit of a scoundrel, a bit of a charmer, and a bit wise guy; so the personality of Chris Pratt, but the look of the character.

My Personal opinion top picks from the suggestions so far

Revan - keanu Reeves

Satele Shan - Kelly Hu

Malgus - Tom Hardy or vinnie jones

Marr - Vinnie Jones or Tom Hardy

Lana Beniko - Melanie Laurent

Nico Okar - Josh Brolin

Darth Baras - Anthony Hopkins

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Vitiate - Doug Bradly

And an honorable mention for Christian Bale

who I want to include but thought Keanu slightly inched him out, since he's been known to play small but very powerful, very well such as Matrix and John Wick.

Maybe Christian Bale could be The Hero of Tython?

Or Christian bale could be Revan and have Keanu be the Jedi Consular?

Or Christian bale could be the Sith Warrior "Wrath" if he was willing to play a bad guy

Also, I kind of liked it better in the Revan book, where Vitiate was a Sith Pureblood better. Doug Bradly could still play him, or just have him be the emperor's spirit's current host. According to the lore in this time period, most Sith are supposed to be Sith Purebloods, right? However, most of the council seems to be human....That seems... unlikely.

My Personal opinion top picks from the suggestions so far

Revan - keanu Reeves

Satele Shan - Kelly Hu

Malgus - Tom Hardy or vinnie jones

Marr - Vinnie Jones or Tom Hardy

Lana Beniko - Melanie Laurent

Nico Okar - Josh Brolin

Darth Baras - Anthony Hopkins

Darth Zash-Naomi Watts

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Vitiate - Doug Bradly

And an honorable mention for Christian Bale

who I want to include but thought Keanu slightly inched him out, since he's been known to play small but very powerful, very well such as Matrix and John Wick.

Maybe Christian Bale could be The Hero of Tython?

Or Christian bale could be Revan and have Keanu be the Jedi Consular?

Or Christian bale could be the Sith Warrior "Wrath" if he was willing to play a bad guy

Also, I kind of liked it better in the Revan book, where Vitiate was a Sith Pureblood better. Doug Bradly could still play him, or just have him be the emperor's spirit's current host. According to the lore in this time period, most Sith are supposed to be Sith Purebloods, right? However, most of the council seems to be human....That seems... unlikely.

Bradley can easily be made to look like a Sith Pureblood with makeup. The purebloods even in this timeline are not as prevelant as they once were. Vitiate's original council was probably mostly purebloods. I forgot about Kelly Hu. Yes she would be perfect for Satele if she had some blue contacts like she did in X2.

I'm bored at work, and started thinking about how they are changing the look of Lana Beniko in the new expansion, and how Daisy kind of looks like Jaina Solo....

Anyway...

Say they make a movie about SWTOR (which they wont, but just for the sake of discussion and a fun hunt for actors), who should play the following characters in a live action movie with no budget constraints.

Revan - Jake Gyllenhaal

Satele Shan - Kelly Hu (Lady deathstrike from x-men 2)

Malgus - Tom Hardy

Darth Marr - Charles Dance

Lana Beniko - This one is hard, I have no idea. Lana's voice actor doesn't look the part particularly much, otherwise Id suggest her.

Theron Shan - (edit) Chris Pine

Edited by Karkais

Revan-Keanu Reeves

Satele Shan-Megan Fox

Darth Malgus-Tom Hardy

Darth Marr- Hugo Weaving

Lana Beniko-Taylor Swift

Nico Okar-Josh Brolin

Jace Malcom-Vin Diesel

Vitiate-Doug Bradley

Darth Jadus-Johnny Depp

Darth Zash-Rosamund Pike

Dude John Kerry as Thanaton would be perfect

No arguments about Olivia Munn here, she's one of my favs. And, half Asian and though young for the role, is old enough that she could be made took look 15 years older without totally changing her face.

Jennifer L could work too, but she'd have to work on her comedic timing since Kira is a smart ***.

John Kerry defiantly looks the part. Unfortunately, he's probably a bit too busy as Secretary of State to film a movie. But I did say dream cast and money no object and for enough campaign money, politicians have proven that they'll do just about anything, so I'll allow it.