Class stacking 5.9.2 solo ranked.

blackopsranger

To be honest, I thought it was just unlucky, but if you do mention it I have the same experience. I was really thinking its just the people in the que but I kept on getting 2 mdps vs 2 rdps in healer/dps/tank games. However when there were more people in que it was quite fine. Its very hard to say if this is how the matchmaking works.

Anyone else notice it tends to put the same classes together more or it puts all melee against all ranged 9/10 times? I thought they fixed that? Still getting matches in solo ranked with for example 4 mercs/ commandos against whatever.

I see absolutely the same thing. All my matches like 2 mercs and 2 opers vs mara/snipers/sins. Or 3 juggs vs 3 opers and merc. I already wrote Keith about the need of making proper matchmaking in sr since it looks pretty bad and weird when all fotm classes are stacking in one team. If two mercs jn queue they must be puted in different teams, same about opers.

Edited by omaan

you are sh*ting me..... you mean all the classes that have an easier time getting elo are ending up on the same team in elo brackets? I certainingly never went up against 4 maras last season. ???!!!?? what could have changed? Edited by Seterade

I wonder if this is the same phenomenon when you never see a certain car until you own one yourself, then you see that car everywhere. :rak_01:

I think there could be some legit points to be made about the new matchmaking, but also think some of the queries are born out of a sort of hysteria regarding the new patch and matchmaking.

It's all in your head ladies and gentlemen! :D

... since it looks pretty bad and weird when all fotm classes are stacking in one team.

I think this make sense if the other posts about "FOTM flockers" are to be believed. Because if there are 4 mercs in the queue, then from what I've read, I should expect 2 or 3 of them to be terrible, because they just switched to mercs, because FOTM. So from a "balanced elo" perspective, it just put (say) 1 really good merc with 3 terrible mercs. Viola! Balance. Er, right?

It's always this when matchmaking comes into question. I always remember the matches when I have the same classes on my team and same class match up on other side than ones that arent. With the latter making up most of the matches. Just stands out more, easy to remember.

Anyone else notice it tends to put the same classes together more or it puts all melee against all ranged 9/10 times? I thought they fixed that? Still getting matches in solo ranked with for example 4 mercs/ commandos against whatever.

The que on Darth Malgus is 20 opers, 30 snipers 45 mercs, 12 maras, 10 juggs 9 sorc dps's... Now in your opinion what are the odds that 3 mercs end up in the same team ?

Most people in que are merc sniper oper... I think the things you are seeing are the result of class stacking in the que and because of faulty matchmaking.

The que on Darth Malgus is 20 opers, 30 snipers 45 mercs, 12 maras, 10 juggs 9 sorc dps's... Now in your opinion what are the odds that 3 mercs end up in the same team ?

Most people in que are merc sniper oper... I think the things you are seeing are the result of class stacking in the que and because of faulty matchmaking.

no sins? maybe dual saber crystals are in short supply. I'll start an expedition on ilum right away!

reading this made me think about how there are very often actually, straight up zero pt/vg dps in the solo ranked queue at any given moment

we're coming up on 2 years of this soon :(

I think this make sense if the other posts about "FOTM flockers" are to be believed. Because if there are 4 mercs in the queue, then from what I've read, I should expect 2 or 3 of them to be terrible, because they just switched to mercs, because FOTM. So from a "balanced elo" perspective, it just put (say) 1 really good merc with 3 terrible mercs. Viola! Balance. Er, right?

A pity but no. I doubt there is any elo matchmaking in sr as it is in tr because all time i play it looks like matchmaking in sr have nothing to do with elo of those who queues... so it is mostly good mercs and good opers stacking in one team which is damn terrible.

I just want to know who Viola is. :confused:

french word for presentation.

ex: Viola! the rabbit has disappeared from the hat!

(I dunno if you were being serious, but yeah.)

English ex: See! the rabbit has disappeared from the hat!

Edited by Seterade

reading this made me think about how there are very often actually, straight up zero pt/vg dps in the solo ranked queue at any given moment

we're coming up on 2 years of this soon :(

What I wanted to point out is that in general.. the que is flooded with FOTM fanboy's classes and then come the rest... who play what is "inferior" because they are naive.. passionate or whatever reason. :p

In general.. less melee more ranged classes.

And of course since the number mercs and ranged is higher these classes have a good chance ending up in the same team vs what's left in que ? some mara, sins, and juggs ?