1.2 SW: The Farm Republic

monstertron

Just to point out what 1.2 brought us

- legacy - xp grind and even more money grind

- daily - more grind

- warzones - no ranked so again ridiculous commendation grind

- space - nothing new except, w8 4 it, changing it to commendation grind

The only really possitive thing is the new ops for couple of days, but 4 bosses would not take much time, and new FP for couple of runs, the rest of the changes are simply promoting grindfesting to a new level and promoting "story" or exploration or anything is not happenig. Wondering what did happen about the "bringing story to MMO" since 1.2 makes the game even more of a grindfest.

Farming, farming, farming. Forget the story do all the same boring things thousand times and have fun a day in a week opsing.

Just curious where the idea of the process of getting something was really fun has been lost...

Edited by monstertron

I'm secretly waiting for someone to mention them hating farming, and threatening the devs with Diablo 3, so that I can laugh at the irony of their words.

I never went hardcore into Diablo and the game lasted a long time back in the early 2000s. Even with just normal and a bit of Nightmare. I'm supposing D3 will be the same, much like tor many of us will enjoy the story for a few months and such, main difference being there's no subscription.

And wth do you get in any other MMO out there? You sound as if you have never played one of these games before, because they are ALL full of grind. Don't even bring up WoW because all that is is grinding dungeons all day.

Seriously...I don't know what kind of people keep making these posts, but this is honestly one of the less grindy games out there. I am starting to think most of these posts are coming from people who may play a couple of hours a week and just want instant gear just for paying the sub and being special. :rolleyes:

I have 14 characters. My highest lvl is 30.

1.2 brought UI options and my favorite thing... the mission item next to the quest so you can use it easily. As well as giving us sprint from lvl 1 makes the origin worlds go by so much faster.

Space is my thing. I go from character to character doing the space missions. I hope one day they add enough space stuff so I can spend all my time on a character in space.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XgeYLAgHiyA/TNogaxTPM6I/AAAAAAAAAKs/yTF9P8mYGLw/s640/stop.jpg

when will gamers understand that different people enjoy different aspects of an MMO.

OP stop being selfish.

Agree, but here is something i wish to carry on from the above posts. this thing with d3 and farming. I can understand why people want todo it and i can see why they find it fun.

Im not even gonna say anything negative about it because there is no need, im an addicted farmer myself, be it reputations, achievments or rare mob hunting.

But how many who are going to be playing D3 and using the real money auction understand the laws involved in it, its classed as working if you generate money from it so if your on benefits you could nulify your benefits if found to be earning money from it.

Also i wonder how many people have looked into the tax situation involved within the real money system. Anything earned from the real money auctions is taxable as income so who covers that because i doubt blizzard do.

I am quite enjoying my new empire characters (I previously played republic) and I'm still only low level with them after 2 weeks. My operative is level 14 and will probably be my main character I think. I've just started on the imperial homeworld so a long way to go.

Yop you get these in every other mmo (maybe with a little variation for eve, cause in eve everything is diffrent).

The point is SWTOR presents itself as a game that brought story in MMO. And well lvling story was good yes. Then was some story in some FPs. Yop a bit story in Kaon and LI and thats about it.

In Ops you got no story - cause the guy standing at the beginning telling you - hey someone is making a fuss (SoA, Karagga, Kephress) so go and kill him - is just not a story.

And even so daily on Belsavis and Ilum had a some story background in the preq that you had to do to acquire them all. You come to Corelia make one chat, get 5 quests from terminal, do them, tiny chat, kill the guy, over.

At least from the start they were trying to hide the grindfest under something and well now...the plain vision of seems frustrating.

Edited by monstertron